Jodeci - Every Moment

southern

Romelle

I've been listening to this for the last hour or so, and I gotta say this sounds pretty damn good. I didn't know which way they would go after their last single Nobody Wins, which was dope, but wasn't their usual. I'm not sure what's up with JoJo's voice, or if that's even him, it kinda sounds like Ralph Tresvant from NE, but I know they wouldn't do that to us. Aside from that it's a good song, and the production is on point as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like JoJo's voice may have been scratchy or hoarse when they recorded so they drowned it in the mix more and got that result. Pretty sure that was JoJo though.

I'm not sure that was JoJo on the hook. His voice isn't that deep.

I hear JoJo on the pre-hook tho.

That hook is mad boring. The energy build up completely dissipates on the hook. They know better than that.

Man. How dope would it be for Jodeci to hook up with Los Da Mystro, for a 2016 updated take on the sound he and The Dream made?

Man...that shit would be so dope.

This will be huge for R&B, they should go atleast 1x platinum just from all the hype. I'm hearing that Timbo is producing their album for Epic records. I hope he doesn't do all the beats, I'm hoping Bryan Michael Cox gets a couple songs.

This will be huge for R&B, they should go atleast 1x platinum just from all the hype. I'm hearing that Timbo is producing their album for Epic records. I hope he doesn't do all the beats, I'm hoping Bryan Michael Cox gets a couple songs.

Devante need to produce every single song.....keep that energy. All them other dudes will ruin it and tuern it into a "right now and forgotten" album. They need that feel right there and nothing else. FUUCK everybody else!

Me personally......I love the song! Baddest song out. Everything else sounds like wannabe shit. lol! That's Jodeci right there.

Devante need to produce every single song.....keep that energy. All them other dudes will ruin it and tuern it into a "right now and forgotten" album. They need that feel right there and nothing else. FUUCK everybody else!

Me personally......I love the song! Baddest song out. Everything else sounds like wannabe shit. lol! That's Jodeci right there.

lol, yeah you've got a point with that; I think everyone still craves that "jodeci sound". The reason I was thinking B.Cox to do a couple tracks is because he's the closest to their sound and R&B smarts. He's done alot of dope records from Aaliyah to Raheem Devaughn to Tamar Braxton. It would be cool if he linked up with them. But they know what they're doing, thats what makes them great.

lol, yeah you've got a point with that; I think everyone still craves that "jodeci sound". The reason I was thinking B.Cox to do a couple tracks is because he's the closest to their sound and R&B smarts. He's done alot of dope records from Aaliyah to Raheem Devaughn to Tamar Braxton. It would be cool if he linked up with them. But they know what they're doing, thats what makes them great.
B Cox is a flexible cat and Timbo go way back with them, but as u said the Jodeci sound was unique to them.
Collabs are cool, but I don't think they should get away from their bread & butter. The reality is that most folks under 30 ain't checkin for them, but if they do it right their ol school, grown now, fans should get them decent #s.

I am curious about D'Angelo's numbers so far because their both in a similar demographic group.

B Cox is a flexible cat and Timbo go way back with them, but as u said the Jodeci sound was unique to them.
Collabs are cool, but I don't think they should get away from their bread & butter. The reality is that most folks under 30 ain't checkin for them, but if they do it right their ol school, grown now, fans should get them decent #s.

I am curious about D'Angelo's numbers so far because their both in a similar demographic group.

I'm not sure where D'Angelo's at, he started off with decent numbers, but I haven't heard about him going gold yet. He is getting radio spins thought, which is good. I gotta give it up to the the DJs for playing it. Our radio station just tweeted about the new Jodeci yesterday, so I'd expect that they'll be playing it heavily as well. I'm not sure how the youth will receive them, they're a different breed. But we definitely need that variety of music and not just the same 15 or so songs in rotation.

It's hard to tell what an album will sell these days. Smartphones have made it so convenient to access music and take it with you but not everyone uses iTunes. People definitely aren't buying CDs. Props to those who do support music though. I got back in the habit of buying music on iTunes, I only buy hard copies if it's something I want for keeps sake, but even then it's usually vinyl. If Jodeci's album comes out on vinyl, I'll definitely be coping it...along with the cd.

K Ci sounds rejuvenated like he wasn't on Intervention and passing out onstage. Production sounds a little outdated though. Speaking of R&B This chick's vocals blew me away. Clearly the best in the game today. I'd put her and Marsha Ambrosius against anyone:

Jodeci's fans are loyal. They could still pack sould out arenas even as recovering alcholics sorta like El Debarge:

K Ci sounds rejuvenated like he wasn't on Intervention and passing out onstage. Production sounds a little outdated though. Speaking of R&B This chick's vocals blew me away. Clearly the best in the game today. I'd put her and Marsha Ambrosius against anyone:

real talk I ain't never heard an 11 old blow like that.
Ya, Jaz ain't to be messed with. However, I think she faces a lot of the obstacles that Marsha does. They both blow, but they can't reach that Jill Scott status. Maybe its timing?
This is prob my fav track on her album

real talk I ain't never heard an 11 old blow like that.
Ya, Jaz ain't to be messed with. However, I think she faces a lot of the obstacles that Marsha does. They both blow, but they can't reach that Jill Scott status. Maybe its timing?
This is prob my fav track on her album

She's all over these days;The Breakfast Club, Hot 97 etc... Even this gospel track at the Apollo she did was flawless. I love the soul. That's something you can't teach:

i just bought her album last week, she's pretty dope. Mascara and Let it Burn are my favorites of hers right now.

Production sounds a little outdated though.

shit sounds like Jodeci.........yall kill me with that word dated. Like everything needs young money on it rappin and shit..........need all them bloopin and bleepin sounds and shit.....needs a trap 808 and sound like the boogie man gone get you and shit.....

smh.........

shit sounds like Jodeci.........yall kill me with that word dated. Like everything needs young money on it rappin and shit..........need all them bloopin and bleepin sounds and shit.....needs a trap 808 and sound like the boogie man gone get you and shit.....

smh.........

It's no different than upgrading from the 90's lo fi sound that was so prevalent to the sound of a Just Blaze and Kayne during the Rocafella run. They sampled but it was refreshing and mixed better, recorded better etc.. Even Dre's Chronic Album was samples just replayed to sound refreshing. I always use this as a reference point to how R&B can take on a new sound. Rich Harrison. The 90's was great as far as R&B however that only represents one particular sound music wise. Music can still go in different directions, take on a jazz, or a funk sound for instance. Mix it up like Rick James. Every ballad does not have to sound like it was made by Devante Swing. That's what happened to Wu Tang. RZA wanted to produce every track but the rappers wanted a new sound.

Last edited:
Back