Immortal Technique- Some rappers fear talking about Mike Brown injustice

benji2

He understands the Black man's struggle better than some bourgeois Blacks(lol). I was so blown away by his sentiments I began to wonder what if more latinos thought along these lines. The government would panic if Blacks and Mexicans united:

Last edited:
Most of these fools are apolitical cowards. Immortal Tech is in the minority. Gone at the days of conscious hip-hop, there are probably less than 10 known artists willing to say something.

Thats not what they get paid to talk about, and I doubt thats what their audience wants to hear. The true killer in America isn't cancer nor obesity, but just plain ignorance and addiction. This prevents people from discussing the the truth or coming to knowledge, and will ultimatly be the publics (NOT the governments) downfall.

Thats not what they get paid to talk about, and I doubt thats what their audience wants to hear. The true killer in America isn't cancer nor obesity, but just plain ignorance and addiction. This prevents people from discussing the the truth or coming to knowledge, and will ultimatly be the publics (NOT the governments) downfall.
WTF???
Nobody likes this song, what the hell is wrong with J Cole

Entertainers should not get involved in politics

Last edited:
WTF???

America is very self observed. Seeing the illusion of race and the colors of black and white. There used to be red, but that either flows through black and white or was spilled on the ground and contaminated. To tell you the truth the more people only see one dimension the more they will be divided. It's a world bigger than black or white or a race out there. A whole solar system. Have you noticed the thing about Africans? The diversity of "Black", "Arab", or "Berber" that they are divided in. You ever noticed how many dead bodies are in Libya that aren't in Italy? I wonder if anyone knows how many people died in Chicago? How many screams does it take for one to be heard in Egypt and if a Camera is not around is it silent? When Shawn Williams falls down by the police bullet is it silent if no one is around? Bob Marley once said Johnny was a good man, and Gammal Nasser once said events are not a matter of chance.

Isn't it funny how Africans always compare themselves to Europeans. Isn't it lovely and righteous? Isn't it a coincidence they are divided into arbitrary groups?

Thats not going to make sense to most people, but thats apart of it all. when you look at those whole thing for what it is it doesn't make sense.
America is the home of the free to be ignorant, the brave to be belligerent, and the pride of false idols. Amromica or Abyblica, and these days even america could work with Rome to destroy Babylon. I don't know what any of this is anymore.

America is very self observed. Seeing the illusion of race and the colors of black and white. There used to be red, but that either flows through black and white or was spilled on the ground and contaminated. To tell you the truth the more people only see one dimension the more they will be divided. It's a world bigger than black or white or a race out there. A whole solar system. Have you noticed the thing about Africans? The diversity of "Black", "Arab", or "Berber" that they are divided in. You ever noticed how many dead bodies are in Libya that aren't in Italy? I wonder if anyone knows how many people died in Chicago? How many screams does it take for one to be heard in Egypt and if a Camera is not around is it silent? When Shawn Williams falls down by the police bullet is it silent if no one is around? Bob Marley once said Johnny was a good man, and Gammal Nasser once said events are not a matter of chance.

Isn't it funny how Africans always compare themselves to Europeans. Isn't it lovely and righteous? Isn't it a coincidence they are divided into arbitrary groups?

Thats not going to make sense to most people, but thats apart of it all. when you look at those whole thing for what it is it doesn't make sense.
America is the home of the free to be ignorant, the brave to be belligerent, and the pride of false idols. Amromica or Abyblica, and these days even america could work with Rome to destroy Babylon. I don't know what any of this is anymore.

Utopia doesn't exist. As flawed as America is, it's still the best country to live in hands down. Give America's critics a chance to live here and 99.8% would relocate to America in a heartbeat. Even immigrants who hate our government and it's citizen's love it here.

Last edited:

Yes, America has its issues.
But u can't act like serious ethnic issues are not present in most parts of the world with multi ethnic populations.

People of the the darker hue, like Nubians for example, face discrimination in Egypt

The Islamic extremists Boko Huram feel free to kidnap non-Muslim girls in parts of Nigeria.

I'm sure of this place u speak where racial/ethnic forms of discrimination don't exist.

Last edited:
Most of these fools are apolitical cowards. Immortal Tech is in the minority. Gone at the days of conscious hip-hop, there are probably less than 10 known artists willing to say something.

Can't blame the artist 100%. Especially today, where most of their fanbase just wants to hear about how much money they're making and the women they're f'ing. If Drake or Lil Wayne spoke out about Brown, Rice, Garner... they'd probably be laughed at and accused of trying to exploit it for publicity. That's the difference between an artist like Immortal Tech speaking out compared to a... rapper like lil wayne. One knows what they're the talking about. The other is an expert on the irrelevant parts of life.

Not to mention the pressure they'd get to "fix" what they said from the people who sign their paychecks. That pressure is very real. Just look at how some musicians who spoke out against the latest war in Gaza retracted their statements to be more neutral.

It's true though, conscience hip hop is dead and gone. But the population has also been dumbed down quite a bit, too. In the end, they're just giving the people want they want to hear.

Utopia doesn't exist. As flawed as America is, it's still the best country to live in hands down. Give America's critics a chance to live here and 99.8% would relocate to America in a heartbeat. Even immigrants who hate our government and it's citizen's love it here.

Yes, compared to war torn countries being bombed by American drones, or by American-funded terrorist groups to overthrow governments, America is heaven on Earth. But European countries still have a higher standard of living.

WTF???
Reason being is:....??
- do doctors not speak about the news with their wives
- do lawyers not talk sports while getting a drink with friends...
What makes artist so special not to speak on topics that plague us all...??

Can't blame the artist 100%. Especially today, where most of their fanbase just wants to hear about how much money they're making and the women they're f'ing. .

Is that what they want... or is it that whats being played "programmed" 24/7....
I mean this sh_t gets deep... from MKultra to CCA.... i mean... damn
I want to touch on all points i just read... but all r top priority...
hard to pick one...

Reason being is:....??
- do doctors not speak about the news with their wives
- do lawyers not talk sports while getting a drink with friends...
What makes artist so special not to speak on topics that plague us all...??

I'd even argue that, because today entertainers have such an impact on society, they should be somewhat politically aware of the state of society. Because they do have a say in how the culture (especially in the West) moves forward. Just because they can sing (if you want to call it that lol) doesn't mean they shouldn't have any responsibilities. Whether they like it or not, they're molding the next generation with their music.

Is that what they want... or is it that whats being played "programmed" 24/7....
I mean this sh_t gets deep... from MKultra to CCA.... i mean... damn
I want to touch on all points i just read... but all r top priority...
hard to pick one...

I agree with you, but... It goes both ways. Yes, it's being played 24/7 but it wouldn't be played so much if there wasn't an audience for it. People want to listen to Drake more than Immortal Technique, so he gets more exposure.

At the end, most do this for the love of money, not the love of music. As cheesy as that sounds, it's true. That's why the quality of music has taken such a hit. Well, at least in hip hop. IMO, for what's worth.

I don't listen to the radio, but how often is Kendrick Lamar played? He's kind of a middle ground between the two extremes of meaningful hip hop and mainstream hip hop.

People want to listen to Drake more than Immortal Technique, so he gets more exposure.

At the end, most do this for the love of money, not the love of music. As cheesy as that sounds, it's true. That's why the quality of music has taken such a hit. Well, at least in hip hop. IMO, for what's worth.

Facts....

Last edited:
Mwan....
good lookin for the video...
thats the realest shit ive herd in a long ass time...
- im mad she kept sayin its depressing... (life usually is) when u dont ignore whats going on....

I think perspectives in this line of work are too easily jaded. If you speak your opinion, you're going to offend at least 70% of your fans no matter what you say because it's not EXACTLY the same view as theres. When you build an empire and have a real fan base, you have something called a PR who advises you on these things, and rather than stepping on 70% of your fans toes, you may decide it's in your best interest to plead the 5th. Nothing wrong with protecting your brand by keeping opinions to yourself.

If young thug simply said "no comment" he wouldn't have gone viral with his stance(which was basically "no comment' with too many other words). You can't win opening your mouth on political issues UNLESS your irrelevant. So guys like David Banner and Immortal Tech who are irrelevant can speak freely to people who don't realize they have that freedom because they have no current brand. Props to Pharrell for being bold enough to open his mouth, but the backlash and out of context quotes outweighed his message as well.

Hell, Mayweather can't do a fight promo without someone alleging he admitted to sleeping with T.I.'s wife or that he can't read, lol. Think if he actually addressed some real issues.

Last edited:
I think perspectives in this line of work are too easily jaded. If you speak your opinion, you're going to offend at least 70% of your fans no matter what you say because it's not EXACTLY the same view as theres. When you build an empire and have a real fan base, you have something called a PR who advises you on these things, and rather than stepping on 70% of your fans toes, you may decide it's in your best interest to plead the 5th. Nothing wrong with protecting your brand by keeping opinions to yourself.

If young thug simply said "no comment" he wouldn't have gone viral with his stance(which was basically "no comment' with too many other words). You can't win opening your mouth on political issues UNLESS your irrelevant. So guys like David Banner and Immortal Tech who are irrelevant can speak freely to people who don't realize they have that freedom because they have no current brand. Props to Pharrell for being bold enough to open his mouth, but the backlash and out of context quotes outweighed his message as well.

Hell, Mayweather can't do a fight promo without someone alleging he admitted to sleeping with T.I.'s wife or that he can't read, lol. Think if he actually addressed some real issues.

Ya, I agree with that idea.

But most of those 70% I don't want to speak, because they ain't built like that. They never really gave a damn outside of general cops ain't good comments.
What I mean by that is that if you care about socio-political issues you probably mentioned something in your music at some time. People you hear say anything worth a damn have a background that expose them to some consciousness at some point. I don't expect comments from TI, because I think he would be paying attention to PR people.
I really respect a cat like J Cole for stepping out there because its so rare today for a top notch cat to say something. To actually go to Ferguson over the summer.

There was a time when big time artists offered real (classic at times) social commentary, but no more.
There was a time when conscious hip-hop made up a decent part of main stream hip-hop, but no more.

Rappers and actors love to where some type of Muhammad Ali t-shirt, but most don't seem to get is that the legend of Ali is about a man who risk the championship belt to stand up for his principles. Most cats today either don't get it or don't care.

Last edited:
^^^J. Cole is benefiting. He's being talked about more for his comments than his actual music, refer to my last post. I'm SURE his PR set up interviews and encouraged him to speak on views to bring attention to him rather than simply promoting his music. He's more immortal Tech and David Banner than he is Beyonce or Jay.

You do this long enough, and you get to a point where all these 3 dimensional effects in entertainment can be looked past and you see the paperthin bull shyt in front of you. Sounds like he's dropping jewels? He's gaining a supportive fan base because he has none to LOSE. If he did, trust, he'd be quiet.

Let's use Jay-Z for example. He covers all types of political issues in his songs, some have made their way to people questioning the PRESIDENT behind what he's said. His voice through these songs rings beyond anything J. Cole can ever say in an interview because of how huge his fan base is. See, for Jay-Z, saying stuff in a song is okay because the way he's set up...songs are a "reflection of a character he plays". He had an entire NBA team wearing "I can't breathe" shirts to make a statement, all that attention, but we're not happy, because he hasn't actually "spoke". He's learned not to actually "speak" much, because it always comes with backlash. Others speak alot with no way to bring their views to anyone's attention...then you got guys who speak just enough...that it's beneficial to other aspects of their lives.

The best puppet masters treat the puppets like they're not on strings.

^^^J. Cole is benefiting. He's being talked about more for his comments than his actual music, refer to my last post. I'm SURE his PR set up interviews and encouraged him to speak on views to bring attention to him rather than simply promoting his music. He's more immortal Tech and David Banner than he is Beyonce or Jay.

You do this long enough, and you get to a point where all these 3 dimensional effects in entertainment can be looked past and you see the paperthin bull shyt in front of you. Sounds like he's dropping jewels? He's gaining a supportive fan base because he has none to LOSE. If he did, trust, he'd be quiet.

Let's use Jay-Z for example. He covers all types of political issues in his songs, some have made their way to people questioning the PRESIDENT behind what he's said. His voice through these songs rings beyond anything J. Cole can ever say in an interview because of how huge his fan base is. See, for Jay-Z, saying stuff in a song is okay because the way he's set up...songs are a "reflection of a character he plays". He had an entire NBA team wearing "I can't breathe" shirts to make a statement, all that attention, but we're not happy, because he hasn't actually "spoke". He's learned not to actually "speak" much, because it always comes with backlash. Others speak alot with no way to bring their views to anyone's attention...then you got guys who speak just enough...that it's beneficial to other aspects of their lives.

The best puppet masters treat the puppets like they're not on strings.

Okay, I agree with your idea. But the key thing are those who have the courage to speak out when they have they stage.

Your talking about people hesitating to speak because they have something to lose, so they choose not to speak.

I agree most choose not to, but that is the courage of it. Its a risk.

Cole's people might be telling him to speak on it, but he did drop the be free joint months back. He was active on the ground in St. Louis. I don't think that part of him is a PR thing, and I think he views are consistent with his music and what I've seen in interviews.

Jay, for example, ain't never been that way. He even admitted this much on "moment of clarity", and its why some people role with Nas over Jay.

I get what your saying, but in these times when our most influential people choose to stay silent, it's nice to see a cat above the typical status of underground conscious rapper (Talib, etc.) speak out.

If you didn't have anything to lose we wouldn't call it courage.

Back