I'm sorry Max Martin did what....

man forget 2010, dudes been gettin major major major boy band money since the early 90s

got some big hits in his discog

Last edited:
Looool at 5... Dude has over 20 Top 10 singles.

"Baby One More Time", "Oops!.. I Did It Again" & "I Kissed A Girl" are all on the list of the best-selling singles worldwide.

The Quincy Jones of the late 90s til now...dude is a beast. Didn't realize he wrote those recent songs...makes sense though all of those are catchy as f*ck.

^I used to be a closet boy band/bubblegum pop fan in the 90's too, lol. BSB & N'Sync were the sh*t & had some dope songs. Max seems like he's a real in the background type dude too b/c i can't find more than one video interview of dude & one text interview.

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3631&Itemid=9

I'm amazed at how humble dude is and how he nonchalantly brushes off his achievements, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Martin basically recreated pop music and mentored quite a few of the top producers out right now (Dr. Luke, Red One).

Like someone mentioned before he is the Quincy Jones of the 90's and most of 2000.

you are crazy late homie. I have been up on Max Martin since the late 90s. All that first run BSB, Britney, Xtina, and Nsync shit was mostly Max Martin. Genie in a bottle to this day is one of my favorite beats of all time. Max Martin is a beast

damn how did i know know more about this guy untill now. probz coz hes not in the limelight or whatever, but this guys crazy! hits up the ying yang

all these years i thought it was all that shit got lumped into max martin i guess its still a dope beat

No question about it. But "Baby One More Time" is my personal favourite. That snare may be the best i have ever heard in my life. Composition, arrangement, everything is on spot. Simply amazing record

Who is the mastermind behind this song? I'm not really sure. It is co-produced by Denniz Pop and Max Martin. At that time, Denniz Pop was considered as a genius when it comes to pop and dance music, so it might be him who was the main producer of the record

Give some credit to Denniz Pop who basically mentored Max and showed him everything in the studio. As far as I know Max was only a guitarrist searching for a band in the early/mid 90s and Denniz took care of him. At the end of the day I think he liked the "one man band" type thing.

Katy Perry's new single is the shit tho...

Last edited:
Cheiron was at its peak 20+ producers hammering out hit after hit.
And Denniz Pop was their Cheiron (read: the wise mentor).

The Swedish have some sort of special mentality when it comes to popular music and they are more eclectic - you can start out making dance, work with heavy metal musicians who then end up producing Britney Spears, etc... and still be considered "cool".

Britney for example was sent to them from the US after an A&R from the UK recommended Denniz Pop should produce her. Backstreet Boys were sponsored by a German businessman before going to Sweden, etc... It's a small country with global ties (and many really, really good producers and songwriters).

It's funny how I wondered who was behind the Britney, BSB etc. songs when I was a little kid. You rarely thought about such things and concentrated to burn ants with magnifying glass instead.. :)

I also remember how I noticed a thread running thru all those songs and thought they are all from the same person / team. I'm glad MTV was open all the time when I grew up, it ( and the max songs ) had a huge impact in my life.

Last edited:
Back