Dr. Dre debuting AFTERMATH the COGNAC!

j.troup

Remember when those BEATS headphones dropped, and I told y'all Dr. Dre was turning to other revenue streams to get his money, because music wasn't PAYING NO MORE??

Remember y'all called me CRAZY???

AllHipHop.com said:
(AllHipHop News) Sources have told AllHipHop.com that Dr. Dre's new brand of cognac will begin shipping to stores later this month and in the beginning of October.

Dr. Dre announced the details of his new line Aftermath Cognac in August of 2008. The first alcoholic drink from Dr. Dre is a joint venture between Dr. Dre and Interscope/Geffen/A&M Records.

The production and distribution of Aftermath Cognac will be handled by Abecassis Cognac, which will also help introduce a new 80-proof flavored and unflavored sparkling vodka product.

The Aftermath Cognac and accompanying vodka were originally supposed to be released to coincide with Dr. Dre's highly anticipated album Detox, which still has no official release date.

One of these days, y'all are gonna start listening to me. When the most prolific producer, with the BEST brand name in all of HIP HOP turns to other ventures to get his money, you know the game has turned to CRUMBS.

im callin his next venture
"Dr. Dre The Chronic (not the album)"
Slogan: "It's the doctor's order"

back on topic, AFTERMATH COGNAC WTF!!!

That's great b/c it's not like there's enough "hip-hop liquor" brands around.:rolleyes:

The headphones & computers were smart & innovative. The liquor not so much. What's next Aftermath clothing, lol. He's about 7 years late.

Dre needs to drop an affordable midi controller or drum machine for the "bedroom producer". Maybe even a full on workstation. Imagine the $$$$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
The song that leaked with Nas, T.I. and Slim Da Mobster- Topless. That was supposed to be the name of one of the drinks if i remember right. A grape vodka drink.

Last edited:
Dr.Dre's Detox limited producer edition Neko like workstation
Only 5000 available

*Exclusive DAW
*Pro Tools micro installed
*MPC 3000 like drumsampler 20 gigs sounds and samples (standalone mode also)
*Moog vst
*Bass like Trilogy
*Dr.Dre background singer vst like East/West Choirs. 2 TB samples
*Includes Motif rack and room for two more racks
*50 Detox pro-tools sessions (instruments royalty free, vocal recordings not royalty free)
*Much more...........

$30k a piece. Yeah, it's 5000 Dr.Dre fanactics who have the money to get it.

Last edited:
Yay! let's endorse all of the shit that has kept people down for years and hock it to the youth!

T.I. gold M16's and custom colored grenades are on their way.

Lil Jon ass-whippin straps "Don't mess up a good belt, beat cha kids wit dis... Eeeeyyeaahhhhh!"

oh yeah your a real genius to realized that dre would venture out more trying to make more money.

We all called you crazy lol

There was no doubt that the Dr Dre headphone were going to blow. It was a great market ,but credit goes to the marketing engineers at Monster Cables that made that market blow and saw the real opportunity. Timberland could have done the same thing, in conjuction with his NIKO to blow Dr. Dre out the water.

But I ain't going to hate on Dre for that, but this time he is going into a saturated market that people like Jay, and Diddy been killin!!!

Last edited:
J Troup every time a producer pursues 'alternative revenue streams'..

w8qasn.gif

next up dr dre studio monitors... eminem gonna come out with a mic. fame opens alot of doors.

Last edited:
Yay! let's endorse all of the shit that has kept people down for years and hock it to the youth!

T.I. gold M16's and custom colored grenades are on their way.

Lil Jon ass-whippin straps "Don't mess up a good belt, beat cha kids wit dis... Eeeeyyeaahhhhh!"

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

lol. Most of y'all talkin shit in this thread aint' even got ONE revenue stream!

Very true.

I can't believe people are "disappointed" in Dr.Dre, as if to say, a music producer should stick to producing music. That's ridiculous. This all or nothing mentality is immature and dangerous. The first thing you learn in the business world is to diversify. Never place all your eggs in one basket.

But the fact remains that Troup is right. When Hip-Hop's most prolific attractions (Kanye, Eminem, Dr.Dre, Jay-Z, and Diddy) start looking elsewhere to pay the bills, that means the well has run dry. The dominate lions have picked the carcas clean, and the cubs are left the scraps.

Successful innovation is accompanied by wealth. There has to be more to this than making beats and posting them on Soundclick.

And the next thing you learn is that when your eggs are in more than one basket, its harder to keep an eye on all the baskets at the same time :D

Still, the risk outweigh the reward. Lose the basket, lose the eggs. Lose a basket, lose a few eggs...but not all.

To his...his own.

Back