Corney Mims About: 2Pac Beating Up An Engineer At Can Am Studios

In the Bay Area, we'd kill for the man. It's that serious.

Worshiping_the_golden_calf.jpg

Last edited:
Weirdo? I'm not the one attacking a dead man. I try and refrain from saying anything about a dead person even if I may have not been a fan of their music. It's called letting their soul rest in peace.

You are right you aren't attacking a dead man, you are sucking his d!ck.

I like Pacs music.
He was a great entertainer.
As a human and a man he was a real piece of work to put it politely.

LOL. You are a character. Only insecure cowards hide behind a keyboard and insult people. I just enjoy the discussions. I can live with that though. Just like Big was worshipped on his home turf. Imagine throwing Suge at the time by himself in this mob. They would have killed his a@@ too:

Last edited:
The real question I have for benji2 and Dj Polair is....
Did you two at least give 'Pac's corpse the courtesy of a reacharound?

I've never met Pac, but many affiliates of his(Outlawz members, his brother, Suge, Yukmouth, Gonzoe, C-Bo, Richie Rich, Kurupt, ect.). They all spoke very highly of dude and have many stories surrounding him. To be 100, from the stories I've heard... I doubt I'd get along with him, but I understand why people gravitate towards him. To be honest, 9/10, if a guy starts an introduction to a person with "you gonna love my nigga ____ he's a real nigga", we usually don't get along and end up in a fight by the end of the night. Everyone who speaks on dude says "you woulda loved him, he was a real nigga", it never sat with me well because of the accompanying stories.

But that story of the engineer sounds like the normal stuff I've heard about dude. I think the guy telling it made it sound negative, I can hear someone else telling the same story and making Pac out to be a superhero to the point it wouldn't even seem like he did anything wrong. In the end, the guy's gone and can't tell the story his way, R.I.P. to the man, why rehash it now?

My issue has always been his g-file never added up, so I got the idea he pretended a little too long. Lots of others will agree whether friend or enemy of him...but then you got guys who look at him as an entity...I shut up because I know alot of those guys. Don't voice my opinions out of respect for them more so than for Pac. But I get the idea dude didn't beat that engineer out of rage, but to show off and "act" the part. I get that idea about alot of his actions. But again, just speculation, I know nothing of dude beyond what's been told to me.

Hopefully this post doesn't sound disrespectful. Again, R.I.P. to dude.

Indeed he was Pump

It's funny, it's been almost 20 years since he died and people still talk about him, yet you are on a forum talking about him, talking down on him as If you weren't shit compared to him even back then. You fools are amusing.

It's funny, it's been almost 20 years since he died and people still talk about him, yet you are on a forum talking about him, talking down on him as If you weren't shit compared to him even back then. You fools are amusing.

I only commented on what I observed in the time we were in the same room, chatted a bit, drank a bit and broke bread as a group.

What exactly is your comment based on?

I've never met Pac, but many affiliates of his(Outlawz members, his brother, Suge, Yukmouth, Gonzoe, C-Bo, Richie Rich, Kurupt, ect.). They all spoke very highly of dude and have many stories surrounding him. To be 100, from the stories I've heard... I doubt I'd get along with him, but I understand why people gravitate towards him. To be honest, 9/10, if a guy starts an introduction to a person with "you gonna love my nigga ____ he's a real nigga", we usually don't get along and end up in a fight by the end of the night. Everyone who speaks on dude says "you woulda loved him, he was a real nigga", it never sat with me well because of the accompanying stories.

But that story of the engineer sounds like the normal stuff I've heard about dude. I think the guy telling it made it sound negative, I can hear someone else telling the same story and making Pac out to be a superhero to the point it wouldn't even seem like he did anything wrong. In the end, the guy's gone and can't tell the story his way, R.I.P. to the man, why rehash it now?

My issue has always been his g-file never added up, so I got the idea he pretended a little too long. Lots of others will agree whether friend or enemy of him...but then you got guys who look at him as an entity...I shut up because I know alot of those guys. Don't voice my opinions out of respect for them more so than for Pac. But I get the idea dude didn't beat that engineer out of rage, but to show off and "act" the part. I get that idea about alot of his actions. But again, just speculation, I know nothing of dude beyond what's been told to me.

I think you nailed it, I think his persona took over the person at some point.

My observation may have been part of his persona within D.U. as the group while amazing in what they did, promoted a misogynistic view of the world. No slight to them at all but maybe Pac picked up on this and the reason he was treating women like shit (from what I observed) is because he believed this scored him points among his peers.

edit*
Also Dre is on video commenting about how he let the same thing happen to himself when the Chronic hit and suddenly he was the man and everyone expected him to be all gangsta between his NWA persona and Chronic he was set in stone, but he was never gangsta he has always strictly been an entertainer, but he lost sight of that.

Last edited:
I think you nailed it, I think his persona took over the person at some point.

My observation may have been part of his persona within D.U. as the group while amazing in what they did, promoted a misogynistic view of the world. No slight to them at all but maybe Pac picked up on this and the reason he was treating women like shit (from what I observed) is because he believed this scored him points among his peers.

edit*
Also Dre is on video commenting about how he let the same thing happen to himself when the Chronic hit and suddenly he was the man and everyone expected him to be all gangsta between his NWA persona and Chronic he was set in stone, but he was never gangsta he has always strictly been an entertainer, but he lost sight of that.
Interesting.
I think when u talk about Pac its important to remember he was from a family (on his mother's side) of Black Panthers(NY). If u know anything about the history of the Panthers then u know they were some wild dudes who despite their noble aims were often associated with the worst side of the streets and prison behavior. I don't say this as a diss, just pointing out he was exposed to some interesting characters growing up. Plus the fact that his mom was a crackhead for awhile didn't help either.

I think when you look at the massive body of work he put out in music and film (in such a short period of time), you have to acknowledge he was a brilliant figure in hip-hop history.
He was filled with constradictions, but I do think he began to embrace the thug image too much when he got with Death Row. This was a wild dude, basically (crazy like Huey P.).
When u look at the early stuff with Digital Underground he wasn't the wild thing, but when he blew he got into the "i get around stage." I never met him, obviously, but I respect his legacy, where he came from, and what he did a lot (flaws and all).

Interesting.
I think when u talk about Pac its important to remember he was from a family (on his mother's side) of Black Panthers(NY). If u know anything about the history of the Panthers then u know they were some wild dudes who despite their noble aims were often associated with the worst side of the streets and prison behavior. I don't say this as a diss, just pointing out he was exposed to some interesting characters growing up. Plus the fact that his mom was a crackhead for awhile didn't help either.

I think when you look at the massive body of work he put out in music and film (in such a short period of time), you have to acknowledge he was a brilliant figure in hip-hop history.
He was filled with constradictions, but I do think he began to embrace the thug image too much when he got with Death Row. This was a wild dude, basically (crazy like Huey P.).
When u look at the early stuff with Digital Underground he wasn't the wild thing, but when he blew he got into the "i get around stage." I never met him, obviously, but I respect his legacy, where he came from, and what he did a lot (flaws and all).

Very valid points.

I knew about his upbringing in and around the Panthers and his families involvement with them, if I remember right he still has some family that is on the run from the feds. His mother being a crackhead I also knew about.

My observation from the public side is his early stuff was all him, the real him, socially conscious, intelligent, a true performer and involved in his community. Early stuff being his first two albums which are still hold up today (2pacalypse and Strictly 4 My...). These two were fckin phenomenal.

Then he jumped ship into the thug life bullsh!t and changed his style to fit in and aside from a few tracks here and there it was pretty much more of the same stuff everyone else was delivering. Don't get me wrong though, I honestly like a good majority of his catalog, but it was a definite night and day changeover.

Also most his quality stuff was written while sitting behind bars or in the hospital. Sitting behind bars will make a man think about things and look deep into himself, he was no exception and sitting in the hospital will do the same. So he has all this really deep writing and once he gets out and is surrounded by his entourage and yes men he goes right back to the same ol sh!t that got him into the hospital or doin time.

This repeated multiple times almost as if he needed the drama and the prison time just so he could be with himself and get things out of his head he really wanted to say.

Again I am not dissing him in the least, I just think there was a lot more there that was suppressed by him and his label that could have been far better than what we got.

Very valid points.

I knew about his upbringing in and around the Panthers and his families involvement with them, if I remember right he still has some family that is on the run from the feds. His mother being a crackhead I also knew about.

My observation from the public side is his early stuff was all him, the real him, socially conscious, intelligent, a true performer and involved in his community. Early stuff being his first two albums which are still hold up today (2pacalypse and Strictly 4 My...). These two were fckin phenomenal.

Then he jumped ship into the thug life bullsh!t and changed his style to fit in and aside from a few tracks here and there it was pretty much more of the same stuff everyone else was delivering. Don't get me wrong though, I honestly like a good majority of his catalog, but it was a definite night and day changeover.

Also most his quality stuff was written while sitting behind bars or in the hospital. Sitting behind bars will make a man think about things and look deep into himself, he was no exception and sitting in the hospital will do the same. So he has all this really deep writing and once he gets out and is surrounded by his entourage and yes men he goes right back to the same ol sh!t that got him into the hospital or doin time.

This repeated multiple times almost as if he needed the drama and the prison time just so he could be with himself and get things out of his head he really wanted to say.

Again I am not dissing him in the least, I just think there was a lot more there that was suppressed by him and his label that could have been far better than what we got.
I can dig it.

I just think he falls into a category of legendary artist who walked the tragic path. Whatever led to their demise was also part of the genius.

I don't think u can put to much on the label in terms of his creative expression, he embraced those choices. Pac dropped a gang of material in a small time span.
Classic material

LOL, You can't even respond. How we supposed to talk money when you can't make any sense?
I told y'all these 'Pac stans are weirdos.

How old are you, Pumpthrust? If you lived through the era of Biggie and Pac's rise and falls,then there is no question as to being a fan of theirs. Anyone who talks ill of them is either a complete idiot Lil Wayne groupie that's under the age of 25 or is just a complete idiot and has no business talkin Hip Hop.

Go back to listenin to your DJ Mustard Greatest Hits Vol. 3 album.

I like Pacs music.
He was a great entertainer.
As a human and a man he was a real piece of work to put it politely.

The man was human - influenced by those around him, the entertainment world, all types of internal battles.

That's why Me Against the World is such a great album.

Everyone in Baltimore that knew him always had much respect for how he was in his younger days before fame. Jada Pinkett-Smith has always had nothing but love for him too.

The majority of the reason why people are a fan of Pac's is because of his lyrics - he was a poet and kids nowadays don't get that on the radio. Yeah he was all about Thug Life, but you can't say anything negative about his talent.

Last edited:

Pac was a little guy with a little man's complex.His mouth was his biggest weapon. I also heard he was a true Gemini with a split personality. He was flawed like everyone else. Personally I think he was naive to street thugs expecting them to all love him but he even mentions he needs to stop doing that in a phone call with Monster Kody. Pac gets my respect because no one articulated the Black experience in America as thoroughly as he did. He could speak to or chastise Black women, make songs for the thugs as well as the socially conscious. I think I would have gotten along with him for the simple fact, I'm not a little guy and I get along with arrogant people well. I know many overconfident rough around the edges individuals. You have to be cocky and a litlle arrogant to survive in Oakland and any other tough city. I'm secure in my own skin so a little guy like Pac talking sh*t would not get to me. He couldnt knock me out. That's like Kevin Hart beefing with me. Here's the phone call with Monster Kody. It's very interesting. He talks future plans, past run ins, jail, etc... Around the 12:00 mark he talks about the girl who accused him of rape being connected to the shooting in New York and how he has to stop trusting everyone.

Monster Kody aka Sanyika Shakur is the notorious crip who wrote the bestseller Monster. He's very intelligent but unpredictable and he can resort back to his street ways at any time. When he's focused he sounds like a political prisoner from the 60's. When he's not he can be as violent as they come and do stuff like:

Last edited:
Back