Cassidy & Dizaster..... What Happened?

Something to the effect of it ending early, both being weak as shyt and not having a clear winner. The headset and crowd set up took me back to those sunday early morning tv religious broadcasts i'd see after falling alseep with the TV on. I'll give battle rappers credit for preserving that true hip hop spirit. First and foremost everyone is not a great live performer. This is a wakeup call though to Battle rap at the same time letting them know they fall way short of some of our true rap legends as far as being able to entertain large audiences and packed out arenas. You need a stage presence for that which only a small few have. Many of these guys were becoming really arrogant thinking they were on the same level as the real rap legends.Rapping acapella(with no beat) has it's limitations. I always said eliminating music from the equation made it less appealing & entertaining to me since music moves the soul and flow and delivery is what differentiates rappers from each other. Maybe one day, battle rap will use instrumentals like complete lyricists. Then maybe I'll take it more seriously and find it more entertaining. Eliminating the flow and music was always a turn off to me. Battle Rap to me always resembled spoken word on steroids or a more modern version of that Def Jam Poetry show. They need to "bring the beat back" like an old PE interlude once said. I'm all for change but certain rules always apply. Boxing will always have 3 minute rounds, Football Players will alyways be required to wear helmets and Rap should always have music.(lol) As far as Cassidy and Dizaster, I can't defend either of them. Cassidy was just capitalizing off an ambitious promoter with a generous offer. I cant even speak on Diz since I am not a fan in the least of Battle rappers. i already stated why. Having their boys on stage to lean on is also wack.

Last edited:
See how a beat changes the whole dynamics and is way more appealing and entertaining to the audience. Rappers today avoid it though because it they haven't mastered the flow and delivery part where they have to say the rhymes to the beat. And this beat is garbage by today's standards. Old school rappers over today's production would be a marriage made in heaven.

Something to the effect of it ending early, both being weak as shyt and not having a clear winner. The headset and crowd set up took me back to those sunday early morning tv religious broadcasts i'd see after falling alseep with the TV on. I'll give battle rappers credit for preserving that true hip hop spirit. First and foremost everyone is not a great live performer. This is a wakeup call though to Battle rap at the same time letting them know they fall way short of some of our true rap legends as far as being able to entertain large audiences and packed out arenas. You need a stage presence for that which only a small few have. Many of these guys were becoming really arrogant thinking they were on the same level as the real rap legends.Rapping acapella(with no beat) has it's limitations. I always said eliminating music from the equation made it less appealing & entertaining to me since music moves the soul and flow and delivery is what differentiates rappers from each other. Maybe one day, battle rap will use instrumentals like complete lyricists. Then maybe I'll take it more seriously and find it more entertaining. Eliminating the flow and music was always a turn off to me. Battle Rap to me always resembled spoken word on steroids or a more modern version of that Def Jam Poetry show. They need to "bring the beat back" like an old PE interlude once said. I'm all for change but certain rules always apply. Boxing will always have 3 minute rounds, Football Players will alyways be required to wear helmets and Rap should always have music.(lol) As far as Cassidy and Dizaster, I can't defend either of them. Cassidy was just capitalizing off an ambitious promoter with a generous offer. I cant even speak on Diz since I am not a fan in the least of Battle rappers. i already stated why. Having their boys on stage to lean on is also wack.

That was terrible. Why would a company put up $500K to Cassidy for that? How could they possibly get a return on that investment? There was 100 people at that and they streamed it live for free. Either Cassidy was lying about that pay or the investors are idiots.

That sh*t was awful.

That was terrible. Why would a company put up $500K to Cassidy for that? How could they possibly get a return on that investment? There was 100 people at that and they streamed it live for free. Either Cassidy was lying about that pay or the investors are idiots.

That sh*t was awful.

I don't know how true it is but they claimed he was a billionaire investor. That's how an oustider becomes a big player-overpaying and hoping you at least break even. It's a gamble but entrepreneurs risk taking is what make them successful in the first place. You win some and you lose some. The failures are just as much reality as the successes. It's safe to say no one else will be getting 200K.

Benji i feel u....
But i think not having music brings a different dynamic to it all together...
You have to rely solely on your words to affect the crowd...not the music...
I have to be able to impress you with only my word play and attack on you character...
To make the crowd believe me instead of you...
good lookin for droppin the video....

Benji i feel u....
But i think not having music brings a different dynamic to it all together...
You have to rely solely on your words to affect the crowd...not the music...
I have to be able to impress you with only my word play and attack on you character...
To make the crowd believe me instead of you...
good lookin for droppin the video....

I feel ya. It's just my personal opinion. I was surprised that Ebro said the same thing. He called it staying in the pocket and said that's the only way to judge someone's true skill how they rap over the beat & "stay in the pocket" That why lil B is so terrible. If lil B had bars, he could be a battle rapper because it doesnt measure flow.See the difference? Flow& the beat represents the rhythm which is vital. Eliminate those two and you're eliminating 75% of the essence of rapping. That's the problem too. Weak metahphors and lyrics from the so called great Battle rappers of today. They have all equated gun rap punchlines as battle rap. Listen to Prodigy and MOP. They both made careers of gun raps but they were still never considered great lyricists compared to others . I have just high standards. Blame it on the rap gods.

I'm rated "R"...this is a warning, ya better void
Poets are paranoid, DJ's D-stroyed
Cuz I came back to attack others in spite-
Strike like lightnin', It's quite frightenin'!
But don't be afraid in the dark, in a park
Not a scream or a cry, or a bark, more like a spark;
Ya tremble like a alcoholic, muscles tighten up
What's that, lighten up! You see a sight but
Suddenly you feel like you're in a horror flick
You grab your heart then wish for tomorrow quick!
Music's the clue, when I come your warned
Apocalypse Now, when I'm done, ya gone!
Haven't you ever heard of a MC-murderer?
This is the death penalty,and I'm servin' a
Death wish, so come on, step to this
Hysterical idea for a lyrical professionist!
Friday the thirteenth, walking down Elm Street
You come in my realm ya get beat!
This is off limits, so your visions are blurry
All ya see is the meters at a volume
Pumping Lyrics of Fury!

It's a ....fearified freestyle!

Terror in the styles, never error-files
Indeed I'm known-your exiled!
For those that oppose to be level or next to this
I ain't a devil and this ain't the Exorcist!
Worse than a nightmare, you don't have to sleep a wink
The pain's a migraine every time ya think
Flashbacks interfere, ya start to hear:
The R-A-K-I-M in your ear;
Then the beat is hysterical
That makes Eric go get a ax and chops the wack
Soon the lyrical format is superior
Faces of death remain
MC's decaying, cuz they never stayed
The scene of a crime every night at the show
The fiend of a rhyme on the mic that you know

It's only one capable, breaks-the unbreakable
Melodies-unmakable, pattern-unescapable

A horn if want the style I posses
I bless the child, the earth, the gods and bomb the rest
For those that envy a MC it can be
Hazardous to your health so be friendly
A matter of life and death
, just like a etch-a-sketch
Shake 'till your clear, make it disappear, make the next

After the ceremony, let the rhyme rest in peace
If not, my soul'll release!
The scene is recreated, reincarnated, updated, I'm glad you made it
Cuz your about to see a disastrous sight
A performance never again performed on a mic:
Lyrics of fury!

A fearified freestyle!

The "R" is in the house-too much tension!
Make sure the system's loud when I mention
Phrases that's fearsome
You want to hear some sounds that not only pounds but please your eardrums;
I sit back and observe the whole scenery
Then nonchalantly tell you what it mean to me

Strictly business I'm quickly in this mood
And I don't care if the whole crowd's a witness!
I'm a tear you apart but I'm a spare you a heart

Program into the speed of the rhyme, prepare to start
Rhythm's out of the radius, insane as the craziest
Musical madness MC ever made, see it's
Now an emergency, open-heart surgery
Open your mind, you will find every word'll be
Furier than ever, I remain the future
Battle's tempting...whatever suits ya!
For words the sentence, there's no resemblance
You think you're ruffer, then suffer the consequences!
I'm never dying-terrifying results
I wake ya with hundreds of thousands of volts
Mic-to-mouth resuscitation, rhythm with radiation
Novocain ease the pain it might save him
If not, Eric B.'s the judge, the crowd's the jury
How do I plead to homicide?
Lyrics of Fury!

They're getting furier! a fearified freestyle!

Just these two lines alone are untouchable:

For those that envy a MC it can be
Hazardous to your health so be friendly

Shotgun Suge coming next as comparison!!!(lol)

Last edited:
its obvious hes still selling crack, no way he's making money off music nowadays

why do you think Bieanie Siegal keeps getting shot?

The entire ether event was weak as Fvck. Either I was impatiently waiting forthe main event or these guys are running out of rhymes and clever stuff to say. I was not impressed by any of the performances that night.

As far as Cassidy vs Dizaster, in case you didn't know, they rematched the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5StgEP3gk

The turn out was a lot better than what could have been offered on the main stage. The parking garage setting was perfect for this battle.

Last edited:
I agree........battle raps should go back to beats.........open the door for opportunity in other areas.

The video is private donny...?? ^^^
Yo benji where did ur video go...??

Are u serious about them redoing the match.... thats weak as f_ck... this was ur chance to do as u planned...
Football players dont get to do a redo just b/c the crowd wasnt packed or they aint play well...
So what... they gonna spit the same bars again...??

i see this stuff was floating round the net i peepd it and listened real qwick and heard dizaster and looked at cassidys face that sh!t be funny then a mf cassidy should never have spoke up lol

Back