Biting someone's is no worse than sampling.

In that case, you shouldn't mind me ripping each of your Trap tracks off of SoundCloud, putting my name on them and then selling them joints for $5 apiece. It's a pleasure doing business with you fam.

Is that the highest you can sell them for? My royalty checks be in the thousands, bro. Go ahead and get your grind on, though. I'll even buy a few to boost your sales cred. SMH at these dudes hustling backwards. :cool:

Is that the highest you can sell them for? My royalty checks be in the thousands, bro. Go ahead and get your grind on, though. I'll even buy a few to boost your sales cred. SMH at these dudes hustling backwards. :cool:

LOL of course your beats are worth more than $5! But, if you found out I was selling them that low you'd def be fryin me up on here

LOL of course your beats are worth more than $5! But, if you found out I was selling them that low you'd def be fryin me up on here

But stealing my beats has nothing to do with biting someone's style.

Plus, I would fry you up just for fun. Serve you up with hot sauce, cornbread, greens, and macaroni & cheese. Damn, I need to eat!

In that case, you shouldn't mind me ripping each of your Trap tracks off of SoundCloud, putting my name on them and then selling them joints for $5 apiece.

I already did.
So, technically, you are both biting me, now.
Im just a natural born hustler. Get over it.

when asked if he was an original thinker, David Bowie responded with:

"No by any means. More like a tasteful thief. The only art I'll ever study is stuff I can steal from."

lots of answers about this subject in here:

Last edited:
Definitely disagree with this. Sampling is not copying. Rza making the beat for Wu Tang Clan aint Nothing to **** wit using a sample of a cartoon is not a copy of that cartoon.

when asked if he was an original thinker, David Bowie responded with:

"No by any means. More like a tasteful thief. The only art I'll ever study is stuff I can steal from."

lots of answers about this subject in here:

A younger Bowie wouldn't have be so forthrightly candid, 'Bowie' icon cemented, it is nice to see some honest self-reflection, and perhaps a fitting testament; that we are truly defined by the influences of our own choosing, not comepletely shaped by circumstance.
Bowie is and will always remain my worshipped idol, as a teen in the 80's, I had used to own most of his albums on vinyl, from the early Deram pieces right up to Tin Mashine.

I am always amused at those who claim they are hip hop fans but who really aren't. If you don't agree with the unwritten rules, you can always claim or start another genre. That's how dubstep was created. That shows you the appeal of hip hop. Even outsiders want a piece of the pie.

Self-expression should not be inhibited by some arbitrary "unwritten" rules. Hiphop by its very nature was built on a defiance of "rules". Then again, all this music shit is subjective, anyways. Only a fool holds his art in deference to some invisible set of rules. That's doesn't make sense. I must adher to a made up set of rules in order to create music within a genre that was established on a disregard for rules, or be subject to weak ad-hominem attacks on my hiphop credibility from wildnout, Spaceman_Ant, and benji2?

Last edited:
Oh, so now dudes dont just want to bite, but they want just as much respect as someone who doesnt?

Its one of those bullshit things that you can probably get away with to the uneducated, but when your talking to cats who actually make fire maybe dont push your chest out quite so much...

Fukking lol.
Dudes want a career and cash and respect for "edits" and shit... gtfo. Aint fooling nobody but fools.

Oh, so now dudes dont just want to bite, but they want just as much respect as someone who doesnt?

Its one of those bullshit things that you can probably get away with to the uneducated, but when your talking to cats who actually make fire maybe dont push your chest out quite so much...

Fukking lol.
Dudes want a career and cash and respect for "edits" and shit... gtfo. Aint fooling nobody but fools.
I seriously doubt anyone who "bites" cares about the respect of a bunch of people on a msg board.

I actually like the vid posted...
9:00 min n beyond spoke the most...
-influence is inevitable...duh
-u can take a snap shot of your influence into what u do n going thru to paint your picture... fact
But speaking out loud to someone and using there cadence of speech...
exact words.... biting
example: thats stuupid
example: thats stuupid

stop copying me...
stop copying me...
mom...
mom hahah... biting

The older brother didnt sample his little brother...
But going by the others... i guess he did...
common sense saves lives...

Unless the main discussion was to bring about talks of...
throwing the words biting and sampling around so looosly...
i dnt kno...??

Last edited:
Self-expression should not be inhibited by some arbitrary "unwritten" rules...or be subject to weak ad-hominem attacks on my hiphop credibility from wildnout, Spaceman_Ant, and benji2?

I'm going to splash paint all over my wall, then call myself Monet and claim I've created a pointalism piece.

I'm going to sample a dog fart, add some 808's and call it Baroque-era classical music.

I'm going to deep fry a beer battered tennis ball, pour a red wine reduction over top with a pomegranate foam and call it neo-asian fusion cuisine.

WTF are we really talking about in this thread????

Self-expression should not be inhibited by some arbitrary "unwritten" rules. Hiphop by its very nature was built on a defiance of "rules". Then again, all this music shit is subjective, anyways. Only a fool holds his art in deference to some invisible set of rules. That's doesn't make sense. I must adher to a made up set of rules in order to create music within a genre that was established on a disregard for rules, or be subject to weak ad-hominem attacks on my hiphop credibility from wildnout, Spaceman_Ant, and benji2?

If someone thinks they are the first person to approve of biting on fp, they are delusional. This discussion has been discussed many times. I am talking about way more than just one person such as yourself. If you are comfortbale biting, then do you. Listen at 2:05:

Last edited:

I always encourage people o strive for something new and weird and different, even if I think it sucks. Do it anyway. Experiment. Take risks. Be passionate and free.

The crazy thing is that people will eventually come around to accept those weird and crazy expressions when packaged correctly.

Doesnt sound like biting to me...
-but maybe thats my interpretation....

We're just in different times now where different rules apply. Biting, skinny jeans & males wearing skirts is allowed. A rapper can now borrow a few lines from another rapper or two then go in his sisters closet and borrow her outfit for his show that night.All in a day's work.

Last edited:
We're just in different times now where different rules apply. Biting, skinny jeans & males wearing skirts is allowed. A rapper can now borrow a few lines from another rapper or two then go in his sisters closet and borrow her outfit for his show that night.All in a day's work.

Awesome.

Back