the best modern era Hip Hop Duo

im1ufo

this is not a poll. this is a statement.

the Sequel to to El-P & Killer Mike's Run the Jewels debut is coming soon....I was posting their singles here last year and slacked off on the updates...this video was released a couple months ago..

Last edited:
El-P is a monster, Killer Mike I have come to enjoy (Took a minute for him to grow on me).

Run the Jewels had some great tracks on it so I have been looking forward to the sequel for a while now.

Madd respect. U hipped me (with yo thread) to them last year and it was one of the best albums (critically acclaimed) of the year.
Gonna be on the look out this time.
:cheers:

Madd respect. U hipped me (with yo thread) to them last year and it was one of the best albums (critically acclaimed) of the year.
Gonna be on the look out this time.
:cheers:

You should check out all of El-P's albums, he has some serious talent as a producer and has a pretty wide body of work for someone that is not that well known.

You should check out all of El-P's albums, he has some serious talent as a producer and has a pretty wide body of work for someone that is not that well known.

I like all of his stuff but I'd say that the production he did on the Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein album is some of the best production I've ever heard on a hip hop album

The Cold Vein was released a year before El-P's debut solo album (Fantastic Damage)....

I always have to laugh when I listen to "Ridiculoid" (one of my favorite beats on the album)

I'm pretty sure nobody was doing anything like this in 2001...so far ahead of it's time!

during the intro El-P can be heard saying "YOU KNOW, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR MY ALBUM.......it's OK" haha
no surprise that he contributed the 1st verse on this beat

the last verse in the song from Vaste Aire is so ill that it gives me goosebumps

Last edited:
Yeah bummer they won't be working together again any time soon, that album was hot but it bred some bad blood that ran deep. I had a convo going with him about some things then I mentioned something about Ox and replies ended on the spot. Granted this was a couple years ago so things might have changed but sure don't feel like they are gonna patch anything up.

track list for RTJ2 was released last week

1. Jeopardy
2. Oh My Darling Don't Cry
3. Blockbuster Night Part 1
4. Close Your Eyes (And Count to F-ck) [feat. Zack de la Rocha]
5. All My Life
6. Lie, Cheat, Steal
7. Early (feat. BOOTS)
8. All Due Respect (feat. Travis Barker)
9. Love Again (Akinyele Back)
10. Crown (feat. Diane Coffee)
11. Angel Duster

if this 1st single is any indication the album will definitely be the best hip hop album of 2014

Last edited:
Back