Am I the only person on earth that thinks DJ Mustard beats are corny af?

how many dom kennedy songs have you produced? stick to making those weak beat making videos with stock FL sounds

i big him up for producing for dom.. dom is my favorite rapper and i like mustard's beats.. and thanks for watching the videos.. stop hating you know you like em lol

i don't like dj mustard's instrumentals. beats aren't meant to stay as instrumentals though and the finished songs he's involved with are dope a lot of the time.

When I went on vacation with my family over the Summer I let my 14 year old nephew play with my set up (equipment comes with me even on vacation!) and he made some beats for fun.

Let's not confuse minimal knowledge and experience with genius, people. I could write a "story" with some run on sentences, bad punctuation, no climax or resolution and people are gonna call that "genius" because it was minimal? FOH

But, on the flip side - I'm not a fan of Mustard...at all. My girlfriend, however, wants to dance in my car every time one of his moist songs comes on. Is it because it really is good or is it because they're now catchy after hearing them 5 times a day every day for the past year?

I think like you said, all his beats uses the same instruments in different patterns. kinda lazy, but it's also an art to know when not to use too much. simplicity is key..

the problem is not that his beats are simple, more that they basically all sound the same.

but I feel a little jealousy in you. You don't need to go as far as insulting him on a personal level [body size] , he's just another human like you ...

I wonder if you would insult him like that to his face, or say dj mustard listen to my beats...

LOL Genius? Lets be real here. If he was nothing more than a soundclick guy with no radio play there would be no props for him. AT ALL. Y'all giving him props because he's all over the radio. He came to the Bay Area, jacked about 5 producers around here who have been making these jack in the box simplistic 808 beats and ran with it. Props to him for being in the right place at the right time. But those beats are pure garbage.

LOL Genius? Lets be real here. If he was nothing more than a soundclick guy with no radio play there would be no props for him. AT ALL. Y'all giving him props because he's all over the radio. He came to the Bay Area, jacked about 5 producers around here who have been making these jack in the box simplistic 808 beats and ran with it. Props to him for being in the right place at the right time. But those beats are pure garbage.

this is the goal for secular music producers,right
???

been around the game that long and you still have no idea what a hit sound is, smh. If Mustard was on soundclick, he'd get signed real quick, you know, since he makes hit after hit. Pls go.

You're really hating on Mustard when he's a 20,000x better producer than you'll ever be? lmao. How can you hate on this?

first mustard beat i like
this should be the only mustard beat that doesnt have that show me melody with that EEY-clap pattern.
only thing this guy do is remix the same beat over and over

I have never even heard of DJ Mustard.

But, I can agree that it is annoying as **** when everyone or at least the majority of think 1 person is the best anything.

For example, anytime I see a thread topic with Lex Luger in the title, I immediately skip it.

He's alright, but you know what strikes me the most? Its him doing another sound than everyone else. Sure he uses the 808, but he doesn't do the whole "Hard Trap" sound, which is nice. Rap needs diversity in its sound right now, so anyone who brings just a little different spin to it is good in my eyes.

so you mad because he's fat???
or you mad because he is on and you're not???

more like you're jealous

and what 99% of producer don't master their beats
because there no need that's what Master engineers are for
and 99% of the time no industry artist is going to master a beat
till a song (lyrics) are recorded
and usually master a set of songs for a album
now days there are more singles getting mastered because of that's what sells
but guess what that's full developed songs not beats lol

beat mastering became popular thing to do for internet beat sales

and ANY real artist is going to want track-outs so the song can be
1.mixed

2. mastered

lol....
come on
and this is not hate but fact

you sound so emotional
men don't need to name call

men state facts

he may be over weigt
you may be too skinny
you may be ugly
but who cares
a rap producer job is to provide a instrumental

now if you're producing a album that's different
you'll be like P.Diddy or Quincy Jones
which you're in charge of budget,song selection
picking the recording,mixing,and master engineers

Enough said.

I'm not hating. let the dude do his thing. Its like hey you suck at rapping? Don't worry drop on DJ Mustards beats you'll sound hot lol. Its simple it works and its catchy what do you expect. And ever since Kendrick started his buzz and now DJ Mustard with YG and other dudes i'm finally hearing westcoast name again cuz thats been dead since 1996. Atleast to me and this is just my opinion. Freedom of speech ;)

I agree with OP. I dont understand what ppl see in his beats, i think they are wack. Like 90% of ppl here FP are better than mustard imo

i was gonna make a thred about this...I was listening to the radio and Muzza has 10 songs on heavy rotation RIGHT NOW. In ohio on 102.9. Got damn jusy as i was typin this some wack muzza produced song came on.... im sick of the pattern....

Back