Am I the only person on earth that thinks DJ Mustard beats are corny af?

RozayTittays

Everyone seems to dig it except me. I think they're wack af and they all sound the same. He literally uses the same instruments in every beat. And when does he not use that annoying ass clap pattern? :victory:Shit sounds like he slappin his titties together in order to get that sound. How is this dumb worthless salad fearing fat sack of shit even labeled as one of the best producers in the game? I feel like ima catch diabetes if I hear another DJ Mustard beat. :shame:

What about you? What do you think of DJ Mustard as a producer? Do you **** with his sound?

never heard his music as I don't listen to secular music but you have a lot of hate
and name calling for what
be a grown man
become a success yourself so someone can hate you

theres nothing wrong with hating. everyone has the right to their own opinion. This DJ Mustard fat f*ck doesnt even master his own beats either. all he does is take his last beat change a couple of notes and calls it a new beat.

i **** with it.. why not?.... **** the fact that he uses the same sound in his beats. he's relevant and its working for him. him and his family are eating and that's pretty much all that matters

theres nothing wrong with hating. everyone has the right to their own opinion. This DJ Mustard fat f*ck doesnt even master his own beats either. all he does is take his last beat change a couple of notes and calls it a new beat.
You're really hating on Mustard when he's a 20,000x better producer than you'll ever be? lmao. How can you hate on this?

Alot of his tracks or very similar, He needs to try mew things. But at the same time he found a style that a lot of modern people dig, so he stuck to it. its not bad but after a while it gets old. he needs to switch it up.

so you mad because he's fat???
or you mad because he is on and you're not???

more like you're jealous

and what 99% of producer don't master their beats
because there no need that's what Master engineers are for
and 99% of the time no industry artist is going to master a beat
till a song (lyrics) are recorded
and usually master a set of songs for a album
now days there are more singles getting mastered because of that's what sells
but guess what that's full developed songs not beats lol

beat mastering became popular thing to do for internet beat sales

and ANY real artist is going to want track-outs so the song can be
1.mixed

2. mastered

lol....
come on
and this is not hate but fact

you sound so emotional
men don't need to name call

men state facts

he may be over weigt
you may be too skinny
you may be ugly
but who cares
a rap producer job is to provide a instrumental

now if you're producing a album that's different
you'll be like P.Diddy or Quincy Jones
which you're in charge of budget,song selection
picking the recording,mixing,and master engineers

Everyone seems to dig it except me. I think they're wack af and they all sound the same. He literally uses the same instruments in every beat. And when does he not use that annoying ass clap pattern? :victory:Shit sounds like he slappin his titties together in order to get that sound. How is this dumb worthless salad fearing fat sack of shit even labeled as one of the best producers in the game? I feel like ima catch diabetes if I hear another DJ Mustard beat. :shame:

What about you? What do you think of DJ Mustard as a producer? Do you **** with his sound?

DJ Mustard is the best in the game right now.

It feels good to have a producer for people to say "all of his stuff sound the same" again. We haven't had one of those in a while.

To be terribly candid, I used to have the same mentality as you on alot of the music that had been coming out from between 2005 to about 2011 and 2012. But please, please understand something.

There is a level of genius in simplicity. Think about the minimalist movement in art. Think about it in modern architecture and think about it in industrial design with something like Apple Products. There is a genius in reducing a product down to only the most absolute necessary components. It cuts through all the bull and gives you exactly for what your looking for from that product.

As a new producer I was enamored with complexity, with song structure, chord structure, constantly changing sounds and the like but as you get futher along you realize that doesn't always make for a better OVERALL song.

Here's what DJ Mustard does well. He has a nostalgic sound. It really does sound like a Too Short/E-40 type of beat. It works in the South because it almost feels like the song I got 5 on it. Which was huge in the south. Plus he always uses ALOTTTTTA Bass. The key to hip hop is BASS, Melody, rhythm and groove, and BASS. You listen to a song like My Nigga and you hear ALL those elements rather easily. And there are only 5 elements to the song total. Its GENIUS. He doesn't dilute the song with anything other then what's necessary. He's a DJ first. He came up doing house parties since 10. He saw what crowds loved and what they responded too. All he does is make EXACTLY that and nothing else.

If you listen to EARLY hip hop, it didn't have ALOT of sounds involved. It was alot of block party music. Why not go back to that? Every now and then you have to go back to the core elements. If you follow fashion its like Tom Ford or J. Crew. Its not complicated or unique design wise, its just REALLY well made and keeps it to them most essential fashion concepts.

Lastly DJ Mustard's music doesn't actually sound the same. For one, Rack City sounds nothing like anything he's doing now. For 2, Up Down by T-Pain is a Well crafted beat, complete with Chord progression, drum rolls, a variety of sounds and ALOTTA Bass. No Mediocre doesn't sound Dont Tell Em and 2 On doesn't sound like IDFWU.

Plus we all know a Dr. Dre beat when we hear it. Do we get on him for most his music following a formula in the G-Funk era? Do we get on him for his music following a formula in the 2001 era? NO because it cut through all the bull and gave people what they wanted at the time.

Please stop directing that much anger to someone like DJ Mustard, he really is a guy that seems to be doing music that creates a real emotion. There's a ton of biting ass producers who aren't artistic. I really feel like DJ mustard fills a lane we REALLY needed. Its way better then half the uninspired trap music we stay listening too.

To be terribly candid, I used to have the same mentality as you on alot of the music that had been coming out from between 2005 to about 2011 and 2012. But please, please understand something.

There is a level of genius in simplicity. Think about the minimalist movement in art. Think about it in modern architecture and think about it in industrial design with something like Apple Products. There is a genius in reducing a product down to only the most absolute necessary components. It cuts through all the bull and gives you exactly for what your looking for from that product.

As a new producer I was enamored with complexity, with song structure, chord structure, constantly changing sounds and the like but as you get futher along you realize that doesn't always make for a better OVERALL song.

Here's what DJ Mustard does well. He has a nostalgic sound. It really does sound like a Too Short/E-40 type of beat. It works in the South because it almost feels like the song I got 5 on it. Which was huge in the south. Plus he always uses ALOTTTTTA Bass. The key to hip hop is BASS, Melody, rhythm and groove, and BASS. You listen to a song like My Nigga and you hear ALL those elements rather easily. And there are only 5 elements to the song total. Its GENIUS. He doesn't dilute the song with anything other then what's necessary. He's a DJ first. He came up doing house parties since 10. He saw what crowds loved and what they responded too. All he does is make EXACTLY that and nothing else.

If you listen to EARLY hip hop, it didn't have ALOT of sounds involved. It was alot of block party music. Why not go back to that? Every now and then you have to go back to the core elements. If you follow fashion its like Tom Ford or J. Crew. Its not complicated or unique design wise, its just REALLY well made and keeps it to them most essential fashion concepts.

Lastly DJ Mustard's music doesn't actually sound the same. For one, Rack City sounds nothing like anything he's doing now. For 2, Up Down by T-Pain is a Well crafted beat, complete with Chord progression, drum rolls, a variety of sounds and ALOTTA Bass. No Mediocre doesn't sound Dont Tell Em and 2 On doesn't sound like IDFWU.

Plus we all know a Dr. Dre beat when we hear it. Do we get on him for most his music following a formula in the G-Funk era? Do we get on him for his music following a formula in the 2001 era? NO because it cut through all the bull and gave people what they wanted at the time.

Please stop directing that much anger to someone like DJ Mustard, he really is a guy that seems to be doing music that creates a real emotion. There's a ton of biting ass producers who aren't artistic. I really feel like DJ mustard fills a lane we REALLY needed. Its way better then half the uninspired trap music we stay listening too.

Excellent post. +1

I've been more or less obsessed with less is more for the past several years. As musicians with lots of ideas, it can truly be one of the hardest things to be so simple.

have you been to the club or a party and see the crowd's reaction when his songs come on... it gets shit poppin and people dancing.. if you're old.. or don't like going out... i can see you not understanding.. songs have different feels in different.. if you listen to the mustard in the car or just walking up the street vs when you hear it in the club .. your reaction will be different..

You're really hating on Mustard when he's a 20,000x better producer than you'll ever be? lmao. How can you hate on this?

this is one of his worst beats lol.. he needs to stick to the club type shit ^^

da bomb just killed it son droppin that knowledge boi jyeah....

you have the views of a consumer or a noob producer/idiot. If you had any wisdom as a producer, you'd know that we crank out several beats a month, and from what I've heard Mustard cranks out several a day. My point is, he has all kinds of beats with all kinds of sounds, but the ones with the same sounds are selling and going big, so that's what you hear, then as an idiot, you judge him on that. Go look up his discography and see he has all kinds of different styles. Regardless, you don't judge a producer on a small body of work because those are just a glimpse of what they actually do. It's like when hit boy used a big fish audio loop to make paris, and morons said he was lazy. He's made hundreds of other great tracks, yet when he takes a few minutes out of his day to build a track from a loop, he's lazy. Mustard makes hundreds of tracks and a few dozen have a similar sound so you judge him by that. Quit being stupid.

I aint eeeeeem mad at Mustard. If I could find a sound of my own and ride that ***** until I'm $30 Million in, I'mma do it. I don't care WHAT y'all niggas say about me.

Back