Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: What do you really know about africa

EnigmaticHipster is offline Registered User
    Thanks

What do you really know about africa

Sign in to disable this ad
    All the black Americans that want to some how feel closer to their roots talk about Africa when in reality they don't know shit about the continent. am i wrong about this.

they think africa is all one big land of mass and and that all the countries are the same. it's pretty pitiful especially if you ask them to name one country in africa besides south africa

fataltone is online now Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
    Thanks
    well fun fact there are more Pyramids in Sudan than in Egypt
    The Nubians ruled Egypt for a period of time

and watch these documentary on Netflix
    talks about the empires in Africa
    Benin a beautiful country
    Ethopia strong jewish and christian culture
    Nigeria,Congo central africa great places as well
    Omaha where I live has the largest population of Sudanese ppl in America

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Lo...?trkid=2361637
    I watch and read alot of history stuff on all cultures
    I really into that kind of stuff
    Netflix has been good to me
    has History Channel,Nova,PBS,discovery,etc.shows
    as well as independent documentaries

http://soundcloud.com/antonio-baugh/arp-up/sphere&player_type=waveform&theme_color=000000&color=000000&comments_color=000000&color=000000

-Coach Antonio
    likes this.

bandcoach is online now Zukatoku - Mod Scientist
    Thanks
    Even bigger issue is that most African-Americans are from West Africa, rather than Central, East, South or North Africa. In addition, the number of religious groupings is significant, and include more than the three pillars of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.....

Part of the problem is that the land mass is larger than the continental USA, and is also comprised of 55 continental and island countries:

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Republic Of The Congo, Cote D'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe

See if you can group these according to West, Central, East, South or North Africa or as an island nation near the continent of Africa......
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

rhythmgj is offline Character in Spades...
    Thanks
    Have you seen any of the Sudanese pyramids?

They kind of "suck" compared to the Egyptian versions. But Dr. Diop believed (if I remember correctly) that they were prototypes of the Egyptian versions.

Re: Specific places in Africa; I will be able to report more in February after returning from Ghana!

GJ

fataltone is online now Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmgj View Post
    Have you seen any of the Sudanese pyramids?

They kind of "suck" compared to the Egyptian versions. But Dr. Diop believed (if I remember correctly) that they were prototypes of the Egyptian versions.

Re: Specific places in Africa; I will be able to report more in February after returning from Ghana!

GJ
    my boss is from Ghana
    always singing traditional Ghana songs everyday lol

http://soundcloud.com/antonio-baugh/arp-up/sphere&player_type=waveform&theme_color=000000&color=000000&comments_color=000000&color=000000

-Coach Antonio

61Key is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    At my old job, we hired a dude straight from Africa. He spoke alittle english.. My boss was so stupid, he asked the guy "HEY, Have you ever been chased by a tiger?"
    The guy turned his head and Replyed "No Muda Fooka, Have Yu?"

All I could do was laugh though, you had to be there type shit, that shit was hillarious!
    , , and 1 others like this.

bandcoach is online now Zukatoku - Mod Scientist
    Thanks
    especially as tigers are Asiatic rather than African - all those bad Tarzan movies to blame for that
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

iambase is offline @30thJune1986
    Thanks
    i'm from Chad originally... lol

im1ufo is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Music is how I learn about the world...

was recently peepin some old African records the other day....apparently there were a bunch of 'Soukous' bands (dance music) in the Congo that were Mao-ist style propaganda machines promoted by the dictatorship that was in control at the time.
    likes this.
    This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway" - Bob Dylan

901_Rice_Street is offline Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
    Thanks
    My third grade teacher...(black lady who lived in Tanzania) used to give us extra credit points on test to answer question about her talking about Africa. Africa was taught everyday. She was mean as hell. But now that I'm older I respect her to the fullest for what she did and where her mind was at. Wish I could see her and give her a big hug. Understand why she was so hard on us black folks. lol! You did not want to get paddled by her.....nope!!!

Every African man I was cool with was always from Kenya. This one guy.....they cook some food (forgot what it was called) MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!! Good stuff! He would talk about modern day Kenya...I enjoyed listening. Another one was a pastor. Very cool guy.

A very close friend of mine is in Egypt right now for some kind of job. He told me about it 4 years ago. He was telling me then that it pays like $100k first year and $200k each additional year. I forgot what it is......has to do with the Army (not actualy being in the Army but something else). But he took it serious and making that bread!! I wish I had of went when he was talking about it. I mean I still can. When he get back I will get the full info. I know him...he trying to get to a million dollars. lmao!!! My dude man! Cool dude.

I grew up with a best friend and his parents were from Africa...(I forgot where).

What do I know? Not much. But I know I'm going to Africa one day before I die.

OH...my X Fiance's Dad had a Condo in Africa somewhere. He passed. He was getting that bread majorly. Women........it doesn't matter how much money...they can spend it fast...I do know that.
    likes this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information