Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Weed and making beats?

Nasir33149 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Weed and making beats?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I see a lot of people are smoking while making beats. Does it really helps that much? I mean Ive smoked like 5 times in my life but it never hit me. Just curious, its not like Ill smoke cause Im 17 and dont have my house, apartment or something..

chem.ib is offline Glitch Hoppin..
    Thanks
    I blaze up and make beats on the daily brotha... I dont see anything wrong with it. (This monkey dudes chill as ****!)
    and like this.
    Vibe to my beats.. http://soundcloud.com/anthony-lobianco Come reach the 4th dimension with me.

Bucky TNP is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Its kinda double sided, like, Ive had some great musical ideas when high, but I cannot, for the life of me actually sit down and finish a quality track then, I just kinda sit there listening to a half done track again and again, thinking its the greatest thing ever
    , , and 8 others like this.

Enigma(EndofDaze) is offline FL STUDIO USER
    Thanks
    Im half and half also homie! I can sit back puff on a sack and bang out beats for weeks... Now if they turn out how I like them too is awhole nother story haha. But I think personally for me, Its boosts my creativity!

And in noway am I telling or advising younger folk to smoke or get down on anything they havent been through before!
    likes this.
    MUZIKWIZE......... Stay Wize now kids

3ternal is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Smoking weed played a pretty big part in me learning to use my DAW's I'd say.

I would be high as hell tweaking knobs and shit for a few hours then come down and realized I'd been zoning out all that time.

I probably might not have gotten that into it if I wasn't high.
    , , and 4 others like this.

smokymo is offline That MelloKid
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky TNP View Post
    Its kinda double sided, like, Ive had some great musical ideas when high, but I cannot, for the life of me actually sit down and finish a quality track then, I just kinda sit there listening to a half done track again and again, thinking its the greatest thing ever

Dude, thats what happens to me if I go one too many. I ll just sit there listening to my 8 bars that I made 2 hours ago thinking this is what the world needs.

the real test is next day , when I am more or less sober and go through my stuff, if its still sounds nice I keep it and work more if not...discard
    Last edited by smokymo; 02-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    , , and 3 others like this.

Bridgetracks is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    ive made beats high and been super stoked on them the next day. And I've also smoked weed and been like WTF was I on last night type shit . delete
    , , and 1 others like this.

Crazer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Weeds good defo try it

focus383 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasir33149 View Post
    I see a lot of people are smoking while making beats. Does it really helps that much?
    helps get the creative process going .. sometimes / gives you a different audio perspective .. sometimes / im in agreement with the other headz @ FP that its hit or miss, sometimes the next day ur like BRILLIANT, sometimes the next day ur like WTF GARBAGE ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasir33149 View Post
    I mean Ive smoked like 5 times in my life but it never hit me. Just curious, its not like Ill smoke cause Im 17 and dont have my house, apartment or something..
    i had to smoke it a few times before 'it hit me' <> that being said, there have been times in my life where it made me lazy, unfocused, lethargic, dull, and forgetful .. as with all things, caution and moderation is key <> LEGALIZE IT FFS
    likes this.

James Trashy is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I prefer to be high for writing lyrics and to get the skeleton of a beat started. But, I prefer to drink while I'm doing the technical tweaks in production.
    and like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information