U.S Elections...

N

NHBeats

Well...Who do you support? Who do you think will win? Why?

This will be interesting...

Gary Johnson. Libertarianism. That was my vote. Not that we're planning to win. However, if a 3rd party can grasp onto 5% of the popular vote this year, they would be given access to federal campaign funding for making a legitimate run in 2016. That's what Johnson voters are hoping for. More money means not exhausting all the party's funds, and obviously access to that money ensures more marketing, more visibility in the public's eyes. More of a chance to spread our word & views.

Secondly, a 3rd party to emerge is exactly what this country needs. This 2-party system, exactly as George Washington warned against 250 years ago, is literally tearing this country in 2. This or that. When we started out 250 years ago, there were about 3 or 4 major parties with several smaller ones. A true choice for the people. I think the USA is complex & advanced enough to be able to handle more than just 2 major political factions. That's just my opinion though. It's politics, we're all in disagreeance lol.

4 more years baby.!!!!!!!!! whooo!!!!!

black people happy as **** right now.

Gary Johnson. Libertarianism. That was my vote. Not that we're planning to win. However, if a 3rd party can grasp onto 5% of the popular vote this year, they would be given access to federal campaign funding for making a legitimate run in 2016. That's what Johnson voters are hoping for. More money means not exhausting all the party's funds, and obviously access to that money ensures more marketing, more visibility in the public's eyes. More of a chance to spread our word & views.

Secondly, a 3rd party to emerge is exactly what this country needs. This 2-party system, exactly as George Washington warned against 250 years ago, is literally tearing this country in 2. This or that. When we started out 250 years ago, there were about 3 or 4 major parties with several smaller ones. A true choice for the people. I think the USA is complex & advanced enough to be able to handle more than just 2 major political factions. That's just my opinion though. It's politics, we're all in disagreeance lol.

I can respect the hell out of this vote. If a third major party were to emerge I think it'd only do good for the U.S.

They mention almost every year that they need to massively reform the election process.
Getting rid of the electoral college, allowing more support for 3rd parties, and things of that nature.

It never happens.

why change what keeps them in power?

1 person 1 vote doesn't mean a thing unless you are directly electing your member of the house or the senate, and the volume of numbers in one or the other chamber or both puts a particular party into government - see the Westminster system or the Australian system, where 1 person 1 vote actually means something in the lower house; the upper house in Britain (the Lords) is less about being elected as it is about being inherited.

The Senate in Australia is allocated on the basis of percentage of vote for a particular party; you either vote for individuals or vote for the party and the top 2 or 3 people on each parties ticket are sent to the senate - no direct say in who gets there in practice. The Prime Minister is elected by the party with the majority of members in the lower house, and can therefore not be who the people want as the leader of the government, but who the party machine think will do the least harm to the party - this of course can lead to dramatic upheavals in a government and reduce their chances of re-election as a result...

Last edited:
Hence, why it will never happen.

We'll just get the occasional Al Gore vs Bush,... popular votes vs electoral college.
Electoral college will win. People will ***** and moan.
And then go back to watching Big Bang Theory like nothing happened.

Hence, why it will never happen.

We'll just get the occasional Al Gore vs Bush,... popular votes vs electoral college.
Electoral college will win. People will ***** and moan.
And then go back to watching Big Bang Theory like nothing happened.

exactly thats what was expected, but the GOP/republican party/right wing activist are taking this loss to heart it seems but who's at fault except themselves?

4 more years of change and hope, i didn't see any change or hope the last 4 hmmmmmm

Back