Making a beat after having a shot or two?

ProdbyCaveman

So the other day i had a couple shots of scotch and made a beat, and it was probably one of the best beats ive made in a while. What do you guys think about having some alcohol and then making music as opposed to making it sober or making it when your stoned?

To me is the same as drinking something because of stagefright. You think you're good to go, but normally it won't enhance your skills.

I believe it's because a shot or 2 makes you less stressed and more able to focus (or well it doesn't enhance your focus, but removes stuff in the way for it), otherwise you may stress yourself by worrying why you can't deliver that good music and so on - in other words, you can train yourself to handle the same thing without it (and it's a lot healthier).

Last edited:
never made a beat while drunk but ive made great beats when high, music just sounds better...like u feel it more i guess.
however makin beats sober is faster because you dont waste so much time in little distractions or playing the same part over and over hahaha

I've had a drink or two before working on some ideas, and I usually like what I've come up with. However, I try to stay mindful that the stuff I come up with sober and the stuff I come up with is more or less equal. Staying open and working on an idea as soon as it hits me, regardless of sobriety level, I usually come up with my best work.

I'd drink a cup or a bottle. A shot for me is to much of a teaser lol. I always challenge myself. Its easier for me to key into something specific in a song. The song, beat or mix sound pretty much the same sober or not because I'm used to the habits and practices I do sober. However I'm more attentive and will work on something longer without getting tired of it but once that alcohol sleepiness kicks in I'm done. No idea why but stuff sounds better with some alcohol. I haven't done anything herbal in a long while but its the same story. It makes me lazy and tired quicker though which is way more counter intuitive. I have worked with friends a lot when bottles and smoke are in rotation the whole time. I know when to stop others not so much. So many times we'd be working on music and somebodies passed out on a couch or stuck for a LONG time trying to make a melody or drums work lol. They do not care at all how horrible the efforts sound. Its something to laugh at fun times.

i dont usually produce while drinking but ill have a few cans the odd time if theres nothing else to do, sometimes it helps stir up ideas while other times i just fall asleep and not bother saving the song. nowadays i prefer to work on songs either late at night or early in the mornings because theres very little noise or people around to distract me and i find im getting things done a lot quicker

Back