Facebook is on its way out

T

The Sequel

Google+ is on its way in. What do you guys think? Will it make for a good networking tool? Is Google going to be too powerful?

considering the amount of people who use facebook....i feel that it will be very hard for another networking site to come into it's vicinity..with that said, i think i agree with an article i read....it was pointing more towards to twitter as being google+'s competition....facebook just has too many users...until it gets sold to google....google won't be able to take its place.

Google + will be interesting but is far from taking on facebook... think about it, people still dont even have GMAIL account lol. People on Facebook register with yahoo mail, hotmail, msn mail, all dat ish. But Google + will push that GOOGLE ACCOUNT revolution on cats, and people are resistant.

yeah why so many people still mess with yahoo is beyond me. in the case of facebook though its been offering nothing new, while + is gonna give a bunch of features relating to chat, video chat and some stuff google already has but repackaged to work for social networking.

the crazy thing is gonna be circles, which makes + look like its going to be better organized than facebook, and has a lot of appeal due to how simple it makes it to keep things between friends while still being able to add and talk to family, coworkers, etc. to me that feature is the dealbreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too big to switch. The myspace revolution won't happen again. At least not yet. Google is pushing hard for monopoly though.

Another list we can build, free-of-charge, for our dear Big Brother.

Well, Google has got the means of advertising... But people don't want a sudden change it will take a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand this. As if the government doesn't have a ton of info on everybody already? And how is "person x is friends with person y" going to somehow let big brother enslave us?

Maybe not in the scary "Big Brother" sense you're referring to, but for marketing & advertising, with millions of targets & a ton of general social information, it's a goldmine.

the crazy thing is gonna be circles, which makes + look like its going to be better organized than facebook, and has a lot of appeal due to how simple it makes it to keep things between friends while still being able to add and talk to family, coworkers, etc. to me that feature is the dealbreaker.

]

so basically circles are groups of people. Does facebook not do that already? if not surely it could very easily implement it?

its already added integrated skype

Back