Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Metal the most stagnant genre?

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks

Metal the most stagnant genre?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Seriously when I was younger I went to every metal show that came through town. I've seen every metal act that's currently touring. Huge metal fan when I was 15 all the way till I was 18. But it seems like other bands are just copying everyone's style.

I still have love for bands like BTBAM, The Acacia Strain, ALOL, Cannibal Corpse. I didn't like JFAC back then and I still don't today.

Anyone show me some good metal bands.

I'm looking for bands like this.... seems like not many like this anymore are around.

Type_1a is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    you are right... one of the big reasons i got out of metal is that it all started sounding the same... guys playing the same sets every time they come out... albums all sounding the same, etc...

bferg333 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    A Plea for Purging is pretty good. Seeing them next month for the second but last time Their breaking up
    Last edited by bferg333; 08-17-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: to add video

Xpulse is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Necrophagist and Nile are up there for me. Everything else I'm into is just a guilty pleasure from my teens.
    likes this.
    http://www.xpulse.co.uk EDM Sample Packs

calnix is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Metal has definitely gone down the crapper exponentially over the past 10 years. Its become almost pop in a sense in that its the same recycled 3 chord progression, predictable drums, and bland root bass dropped down 2 steps that sounds like nothing but a cluttered mess of distortion.
    likes this.

ego killer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    metal lately is garbage. i'm all about 80s and 90s for the extreme shit and thrash and some of the 70s metal/hard rock bands.
    likes this.

TonyV is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    No its not the most stagnant,that award goes to todays so called modern rock
    likes this.

odinnshred is offline Wireless Wizard!
    Thanks
    I used to be like a ridiculously over-the-top metalhead, and this post is the first time I'll admit that I was stupid to be so crazy about it. I still listen to my favourite particular songs (Cathedral Spires by Judas Priest, lots of Iron Maiden, lots of early Manowar) but I agree that it often sounds really samey.

Some artists have tried to make it evolve, i.e. Korn with their extremely average attempt at metal-step. Although I'm also an EDM producer, I personally don't like the metal-EDM crossovers so much. It feels more like a crossover than a logical/natural evolution. For more original sounding metal stuff, I'd recommend listening to maudlin of the Well (capitalised like that). It's sort of really smooth ambient stuff, and crazy avant-garde stuff at the same time. I think the future of metal is the collapse of genre boundaries, but influenced by heavier, more intense sounds. Of course, this is an ambitious dream considering how stubborn so many angry teenagers are, and sadly without them metal album sales would plummet.

Maybe everything will work out in the end, or maybe in 500 years time every angry teenager will still be copying Metallica
    likes this.

MattPeev is offline Member
    Thanks
    It is just like modern rock, but with just more of a scream.

Mkour is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    EARLY BTBAM is the best metal youll find
    http://soundcloud.com/mkour
    music sports weed games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information