Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Metal dudes hate rap?

s.b. stacks is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I used to hate rap when I was younger I started listening to metal and alternative then about a year or so ago I got into Gucci Mane, J. Cole, Kanye...etc. So it's just like I grew up musically and enjoy both genres now. I do know metal heads that hate rap and they hate it because they won't take the time out to listen to it and appreciate the lyrics or the beats behind it.
    Like my facebook page and listen to some of my instrumentals: facebook.com/sbstacks
    or soundcloud.com/sbstacks

Forbidden_Silence is offline Abrahadabra
    Thanks
    I listen to a lot of everything. I find that even when I'm writing a black metal song that somewhere in the rhythm I find that I've used influences from jazz, hiphop, or other "non-related" genres of music. In the end, it's all about using the same theory in a different way. Right now I'm producing a lot of dubstep, which is very new territory for me. I've also got a beat or two in the beginning stages that I'll probably send off to a couple local rappers that have shown previous interest in my productions.

In the end, f*ck genres, if you like it then listen to it.

Also, this is the best way I've heard things put.
    Last edited by Forbidden_Silence; 05-22-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    likes this.
    [B]Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f--king sharp knife to it[/B] [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/faerychild/winds-of-damnation[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Scooch is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    ^^My philosophy as well ^^

MedicineManXL is offline Medicine Man
    Thanks
    Why hate anything....That just makes you a hater. If you "hate" anything just separate yourself from it.

Insecticide is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I'm mainly a metal guy and I love me some rap/hip hop. I'm really picky though, it has to be good. I'll listen to anything as long as it's good!

jdoe83fr is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I agree with the guy on the video. The problem is, when people say they hate rap or metal or whatever, they only hear the famous songs, the mainstream ones. And most of the time, the mainstream ones are not good at all. But if you go deeper in the genre, you will find some very good bands. People tend to think that in rap, they only talk about b**ches, money,etc... But if you listen to the Roots or more underground rap, you won't find any of those lyrics.

I play bass in a rock band but I produce r'n'b/hip-hop, I've grown up with Korn, Deftones etc... so I'm quite open to any genres (well except Lady Gaga, but then again it's mainstream) But I think it's weird to say "I hate that genre". You can't hate its music, music is beautiful, but you can dislike it obviously.

sorryjaynari is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    five for fighting evanescence the fray system of down are some of my favorites but im a hip hop prouducer. a lot of my friends dont like it though

Rapper's Friend is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    Max Martin, one of pop music's greatest producers, has rock roots. He made a lot of the famous songs for Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears, Taio Cruz, Katy Perry, etc....

ScorchinBeats is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapper's Friend View Post
    Max Martin, one of pop music's greatest producers, has rock roots. He made a lot of the famous songs for Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears, Taio Cruz, Katy Perry, etc....
    Any musician that has done just about ANYTHING important in the industry has had many many influences from all over the place.

And since the new generation of hip-hop heads listen to nothing but Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka...

We gonna be hearing Lex Luger for a looong time.
    www.soundcloud.com/flexmuzik
    Need live guitars for your beats? PM me for info!

digiskunk is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy View Post
    Most of the metal heads i know hate rap.

Can you stand it?
    I love both genres and I respect them both uniquely for their own characteristic style. You can't really compare them in my opinion.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information