Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Metal dudes hate rap?

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Off topic but have any of ya'll heard the new KoRn and Skrillex collaboration? DOPE!
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

Dom McLennon is offline Squarepushing Rhymesayer
    Thanks
    A pretty supportive piece of my fans actually listen to metal or ar part of bands... i did my first show as the only rap act at a metal show and actually got good reception. a lot of people dont percieve hiphop to be the at it is cause theyre so used to whats on the radio

A_Eberts is offline aka AndreyAE
    Thanks
    A lot of metal heads are stuck up idiots. Some of the metal fanbase is even worse than the hip hop fanbase. Trust me I got some experience because prior to POP/RnB and Rap I was basically listening to Rock Music, Heavy Metal etc. and learned how to play the guitar. I was a member of a guitar forum and the level of ignorance even towards heavy metal bands like metallica was horrible. I mean how can you hate a band that basically defined the genre ?
    and like this.

Thanks
    elitism? its kind of how like some underground hiphop heads wont listen to someone unless their vocabulary is off the wall... you o realize that some of the first lyrics were "dont push me cause im close to the edge, im tryin not to lose my head?" come on now.

art-effect is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    My two favorite artists

Kanye west&Between the buried and me
    beats, im trna make em

Thanks
    I love BTBAM, Colors and Alaska are two of my favorite albums period

Project Phoenix is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I love rock, progressive rock, alternative rock, heavy metal, nu-metal, pretty much anything heart pumping and gets me going. But, its good to also be able to sit back and chill and just nod your head to tight beats and a good lyrics. You def got have a wide range of musical taste, esp if you are trying to get inot the record label thing. I just love all music!
    Phoenix B.
    Producer For Phoenix Unlimited Productions, Inc.

When the world, its people, and life cuts you up and shoots you down, always remember to "Rise and Rise again..., till lambs become Lions" because "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

http://listn.to/PhoenixUnlimitedProductions

expljoesion is offline Reason 5 / Sonar 8 PE
    Thanks
    I definitely can't stand when people are closed in to one genre of music. Music is universal, and for those who bind themselves to one style are only limiting their potential as a musician.

Rapper's Friend is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoySuperman View Post
    I can easily say Metal/Alternative Rock is among my favorite genres along with Rap and R&B. I have metal head friends that hate rap, not because it's rap but it seems that Metal Heads are more inclined to understand Music Theory and most will tell me that rap is just too simple for their tastes. A lot of Metal Heads are used to hearing breakdowns, time changes, key changes, etc. So when they hear a Hip Hop song on 4/4 time and barely covering 2 intervals in 1 key they tend to get really bored really quick.
    The two genres are very different, but I wouldn't say that rock/metal is more complicated than hip hop music. There are plenty of beats that are way more complex and intricate than metal/rock songs. In fact, many times rock/metal songs are completely dull and simple. And there's a ton of "guitarists" that don't really know any theory at all; all they know is power chords!
    Last edited by Rapper's Friend; 05-17-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Ali'i is offline Yee.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information