Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Metal dudes hate rap?

jaroslav.celujko is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by digiskunk View Post
    I love both genres and I respect them both uniquely for their own characteristic style. You can't really compare them in my opinion.
    I think the same!

LightVeins is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I guess since they are the completely opposite genre, people tend to dislike it. Though a lot of the time with different genres come different stereotypes and cultures, so I suppose you could say people see the stereotypes as someone they dislike, and associate that music with those type of people? Humans are a confusing bunch, I used to love rap, now I love metal. Now I love everything!

DJ VC808 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Anyone who likes a genre and then decides that they dont have room for other genres too is retarded. I am a metal musician, I am very deep in my local metal scene, and I cant get enough rap music. Besides modern hip hop rhythms and metal rhythms are so similar anyway... whats to hate?
    likes this.

TAproductions is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I listen to many genres of music. I see it as the love for just music as a whole versus just being stuck to a certain genre. I personally love bands like Circa Survive and many other bands surrounding that genre. That would be my favorite style of music I guess I would say. But I really listen to everything and get inspiration as an artist from all the different genres. I play guitar and sing, but I also produce rap beats and electronic music lol. I guess it all comes down to personal taste, but I always try to tell people to be more open minded when it comes to music and they'd be surprised to what they enjoy.
    www.TA-Productions.com - Quality beats at an affordable price. Make your next hit today.

troythemac is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I enjoyed more rap with the metal band bassist on my floor than anyone else. we enjoyed the classics, the dumb stuff like hbr click and d-lo, and everything in between. in my experience, metal and punk kids are more open to rap than rap heads are open to metal or punk. having hung out with those kids for so deep, i like everything. but when it comes to listening to music, nothing beats the oldies/classics, of any genre
    likes this.

twoheadedsnake is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    i managed to simultaneously raise myself on hiphop and death metal, with an equal love and appreciation for both. if you can get everything you need from one genre of music, you're probably not a very interesting person

t_grizz is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    no room in the music world to not explore other genres. there's something out there for everyone, any genre is too vast to hate the entirety of it!

GlitchFreak is offline Music Producer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t_grizz View Post
    no room in the music world to not explore other genres. there's something out there for everyone, any genre is too vast to hate the entirety of it!
    I second this. I listen to pretty much every genre. I am a primarily electro house-focused producer and I love metal. I've come up with numerous great ideas by listening to other genres and have come up with some great ideas listening to the compositions of metal tracks, jazz, alternative, classical and even top 40 crap.

topidrama is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    yeah. we do.

Meerdog is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    My two musical favs of all time are Metallica and Eminem, most of my CD's from high school had both burned on them

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information