Indie Film Scoring

engines of necessity

Registered Noisemaker
I posted to the Electronica and Other Genres forum because it seemed like the best fit, but if it is better suited elsewhere please feel free to move...

So I've been kicking the idea around in my head for a while (after a few friends heard my early instrumentals for my second CD and told me they sounded finished, even without lyrics) that it could be interesting/challenging/fun to score an independent film. Problem is, I don't know any aspiring directors in CO (my current residence.) who I could proposition and craigslist is basically the embodiment of that old Dave Chappel sketch about the internet.
Has anyone on FP taken part in a scoring project before and care to share their experience? Alternatively, does anyone have any tips on getting in the ear of young directors (maybe a futuredirectors.com site or something along those lines?)
I want to grow my music out in every direction and while I love doing my one-man-band thing, I would like a chance to create drama and tension on the silver(or bronze or hell even an art class' projector) screen. Thanks for your time, and keep producing.

I've been looking into this as well because a good amount of people have said that my beats are more like soundscapes, or something they could see in an anime / TV show / movie. I'll be watching this thread.

Looks like we might be waiting a while...I'm continuing to do my own research on the matter and I'm thinking the best bet is to get in with the A/V crowd at an art school and convince an aspiring young Tarantino to use your music for a short film, then build your network out and up from there.

It's funny because so many artists out there are touting movies/tv/commercials as supplimental income in a waning music industry, but no one's really talking about getting placement.

Hmm, I suppose you're right. I also have a self-initiated project that I could use to showcase those skills as well.

Back