DJ Mag Top 100 - Who Still Votes Here??

Sequence2

Just as the thread states - who is still voting here?

Personally, I don't care for the direction of the scene anymore. I stopped voting as of this year as I've noticed DJ Mag is just a publicity booster (DV & LM had stewards running around Tomorrow land w/ iPads so people could vote for them in the top 100).

And I know it's going to be brought up, so i'll address it now. I understand it's a business, and yes people need to do these things for money/ to put themselves in the spot light.. But for something that so many of us find passion in doing/ experiencing, it kind of ruins the persona of a 'top 100 candidate' when they have to push themselves on you for votes (or when they are only on the top 100 for producing one track *cough* animals *cough*.

Agreed its a big shame when its a passion of many proper hard working DJ's out there. I haven't even looked at it, its garbage in my opinion, is paris hilton on it? seeing as she's such a famous DJ who can suddenly afford to charge $1.6mil for four sets in ibizia ( even typing it makes me cringe never mind watching her )

Last edited:
never really did. They just like many top 10 things seem to just go for mainstream people or who makes the mpney

Voting matters because expressing one's opinion in a formal way is important.

Sure, anyone can write a post about how unimportant it is, but that post actually backfires. A post about the unimportance of voting actually gives credibility to the system itself. If it was truly unimportant, it would not be discussed.

People that feel that the current artists do not deserve their spots need to find the people that do deserve their spots and vote for those people. People always quit or give up when their attention is needed the most. The people that have worked hard and that deserve a chance to be recognized are never recognized because too many people never take action. Those people do all of the work but never get ahead because eveyone around them becomes a coward and does nothing.

Just vote for who you like and influence others to do the same. If you and your friends have similar complaints, then you all need to come together and make your voices heard by voting. Sitting on the sidelines complaining is a fool's game. You honestly think that by not voting that you are accomplishing something? You are just letting others have more control. You were not cheated, you just gave up control by being still. Mave moves and vote!!! Gosh.

Back