Young M.A. Wasted Talent

HEADCUTTA

I had hope for the girl but she went the way of every other rapper of this generation and now is fading away all that talent and un tapped potential wasting away so sad

I wish you would please remember that the era we are in is one of short attention spans and it is a symptom of constant engagement with technology and the war for attention is a losing one that every artist and/or producer needs to recognize.

These artists are lazy. They don't realize that they have to work at the music thing like it is a day job in order to stay relevant. Besides, music doesn't really dominate like it used to. I listen to more music on the video games I play and movies I watch than I listen to from "artists". Artists should be trying to land songs in video games and movies. People consume these things more than stuff on a radio station.

These artists are lazy. They don't realize that they have to work at the music thing like it is a day job in order to stay relevant. Besides, music doesn't really dominate like it used to. I listen to more music on the video games I play and movies I watch than I listen to from "artists". Artists should be trying to land songs in video games and movies. People consume these things more than stuff on a radio station.

Every era has lazy artists and only an artist should know for her or himself personally what goal(s) to have and/or route(s) to take and getting songs in the aforementioned contexts isn't easy.

Every era has lazy artists and only an artist should know for her or himself personally what goal(s) to have and/or route(s) to take and getting songs in the aforementioned contexts isn't easy.

Of course it isn’t easy, but is anything related to doing music easy?

Getting songs on TV shows, movies, video games is the best avenue to promote your music and generate money. I heard “Black Skinheads” by Kanye West on a movie trailer for the film ‘Atomic Blonde’. He got paid money for that usage and now has his name attached to a popular movie.

Rappers need to do the hard work and cross over to the bigger money instead of doing the “Chitlin’ Circuit” tours and weak videos for social media.

Of course it isn’t easy, but is anything related to doing music easy?

Getting songs on TV shows, movies, video games is the best avenue to promote your music and generate money. I heard “Black Skinheads” by Kanye West on a movie trailer for the film ‘Atomic Blonde’. He got paid money for that usage and now has his name attached to a popular movie.

Was also featured in Wolf of Wall Street.

Musicians nowadays on the radio are not meant to have longevity or be groomed - they're meant to have their one or two hits monetized by a label and then get thrown away. Check out Atlantic's roster of artists and tell me which ones are actually musicians.

Was also featured in Wolf of Wall Street.

Musicians nowadays on the radio are not meant to have longevity or be groomed - they're meant to have their one or two hits monetized by a label and then get thrown away. Check out Atlantic's roster of artists and tell me which ones are actually musicians.
Exactly!

They say Lil Uzi Vert made 900K from XO Tour Life. Watch his album go nowhere. Watch him languish. Watch him become another one hit wonder.

They said the label made 4MM from that same song. Label will replace that dude and keep it moving. Hopefully he keeps touring and continues to bills his online fan base. The masses will forget him quickly!

Last edited:
This Lil Pump cat looks like the latest industry plant. Dude went from being accepted into Harvard and being a book nerd to all of a sudden having Lil Yachty pink hair twists and neck tats?

Mainstream rap has turned into a joke.

Back