You can"t do it alone!!!

blacktophero

Dear fellow producers i know some of us may think we are the best where were from, or that we personally know. For the longest i was too. but in 2016 one thing ive noticed. the people who are eating the most in the music game have a group of people around them all pushing for a common goal. As producers we are the tastemakers in this game. Its pretty much "producer teams" running the game.

Look at Sonny Digital, Metro Boomin, South Side, and the 808 mafia guys......they pretty much all stay up at sonny digitals crib and make beats together. Split everything even down the middle. Real in house shit

Boi 1da, Vynlz, Allen Ritter, Frank Dukes, Wonder Girl etc.....are pretty much doing all of drake and partys stuff. as well as other big singles such as work and other joints.

and for shits and giggles Cardo, Johnny juliano , young exclusive and them soundclick boys are producing a bunch of hits.

So i say that to say this...enable your fellow producer man. build with people you GENUINELY fuck with. if you dont you wont be building a lasting relationship. show love to the people you want to succeed. visably show them they feed off of that the same way we do. Build your squad and try to make something happen.

Last edited:
It is important to know that many producer teams have relationships that go beyond music e.g. rappers and producers growing up in the same geographic area, attending the same schools, etc.

In relation to producer teams know that the "super producer" era is irrelevant to today's unsurprisingly non-financial windfall market regarding Hip Hop. Quality Rap is still being made but the real issue is people who expected the labels to spoon feed it (and all genres) en masse. Trap has been commercially running things for more than a decade but it hasn't translated into album sales as what listener would want an album's worth of mumble rap when you've got mixtapes full of it?

Last edited:
I hear you on that bro, but its so hard to find people who are willing to put in just as much work as you are. that's where the problems come in. when the effort isn't matched or the talent/creativity isn't matched its hard for people to work together. also, when egos come into play, splitting things down the middle just doesn't work out. the larger producers are all established and have a mutual respect for one another. when you're not at that level its harder to collab and split.

Its important to be with people you want to do good in music, as much as outside of music. fake love never really works. as for market place theres a target audiance for everyone, and in terms of simply paying your bills of music the more resources you have working in your favor the better.

I can tell you know my struggle bro lol.......when the levels arnt matched its tough. Because honestly you really can't mess with "everybody" because some people dont got it. thats why its gotta go back to people you genuinly want to see win outside of music. I dont got all the answers but in my experience i made a move for my best interest and it kinda sent a headshot to alot of people who weren't on the same page as me. you can really try to make this happen or you can just wish for it..

I hear you on that bro, but its so hard to find people who are willing to put in just as much work as you are. that's where the problems come in. when the effort isn't matched or the talent/creativity isn't matched its hard for people to work together. also, when egos come into play, splitting things down the middle just doesn't work out. the larger producers are all established and have a mutual respect for one another. when you're not at that level its harder to collab and split.

Your so right FAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, i agree you have to collaborative in this industry. This industry is different than others in that we have work together, and share. If we do, then somebody else will, when you're getting started. Although, eventually the music will start to fuel itself from fans and websites promoting your tunes.

But if anybody wants me to listen and link up, let me know, definitely. True words, and this is a true post.

Like dude said above good luck finding someone willing to put the work in like you i have worked many artist and they talk a game but when its time to push a song and put some work in learn how to use these tools out here they fade away doin nothing but postin a track on some random music site expecting the world to come to them

I feel this completely. But I also think this applies to no only producers but artists alike. Find a group of people with a common goal and build everyone up. I'm not saying start a rap group but just help eachother and promote eachother. Having a group of people telling everyone about your shit instead of one or two is worth a whole lot more.

Back