XXL 2017 Freshman Class

HEADCUTTA

Anyone have hope for the xxl freshmen cypher after last years flop? or will we get another mumble rap tribute i hope not they need to bring some real talent this time

Last year turned out to be ok as far as the artists go. Lil Dicky, Denzel Curry, Desiigner were all cats I could live with and in some cases enjoyed.

Freestyling is overrated and cats new and established should know that it is something that is to be practiced and not to be done to impress the particular audience that is aimed for but to up the skill of emceeing for one's self. Lack of freestyle ability shouldn't be correlated with if an artist is dope or not.

Damn 4got dicky was even on the last one he gets no play at all and he better than anyone in that class by tens and thousands of miles wow thanks 4 reminding me that sucks such a talent watchin these clowns outshine him

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but the last several years have all been duds...I don't even check for it anymore.

Freestyling is overrated and cats new and established should know that it is something that is to be practiced and not to be done to impress the particular audience that is aimed for but to up the skill of emceeing for one's self.

I have to disagree with this - some of my favorite memories from high school and college are from being in cyphers. I also can't even count how many dope tracks that we all listen to are pretty much just freestyles (ie. Wu Tang, Jay-Z, Biggie, Redman, Eminem, even these new mumble rappers).

Back