Will trap music ever die?

I love trap. I make a lot of trap beats but it's the rappers that need to evolve some more. Rappers like designer have no lyrical ability whatsoever - its's the beats that's carrying them forward. I'd like to see rappers actually caring about what they say and at least up the lyrics just a notch. Far too many beats are wasted on way below par artists rapping like they've just come out of a coma.

its's the beats that's carrying them forward. I'd like to see rappers actually caring about what they say and at least up the lyrics just a notch. Far too many beats are wasted on way below par artists rapping like they've just come out of a coma.

This is spot on but I feel like there's a much deeper, psychological/emotional connection that "trap wave rappers" (or any evolving genre) create with a lot of listeners and I feel like it's much harder for producers to genuinely feel that connection because we're naturally going to be more analytical in approach to every song.

Right, it seems like that 'psychological/emotional' bit usually manifests in sounding like you are so high you can barely speak, let alone think, so that when your fans are feeling the same- "connection".
Slap three reverbs and a delay onnit, you got your next 'Lil Shawty Pvrp whateverthefvck' single....

I think most genres fade into nostalgic and then ironic states. Just look at what has happened to classical music and a lot of jazz. Although trap has taken a different pathway, as it was fading it got a ironic revive, I do believe most genres will fade then the next will take over. But until the next genre takes the world by storm I don't see trap (edm or hip hop style) leaving anytime soon.

The heart of trap music is crazy embedded in the current rap trend, but like all music, its gonna go through its phases and different evolutions. Jus like 20 years ago it was west coast and east coast beats, now its all about the subs and heavy 808's. Gotta love this genre, some really cool shit if you ask me

Today's trap is just a part of the evolution of rap music. The late 2000s trap was all about the brass sounds and constant hi-hats. It's starting to move more towards the ethnic/Arabic/African sounds and more spaced out hi-hat rolls.

I dig it.

Last edited:
Its what I always say when I talk to people. Nowdayws the lyrics are shit, but the sound has evolved into something great.

More of a footwork house dude myself tbh but I do think hiphop was nice.
I like trap too but I associate the genre with rolls.

we're approaching a musical singularity trap music will never die just morph and blend with every other genre into a primordial pan-genre ooze

As long as ppl love Bass, I think Trap music will do just fine. It might be called something else. Like Trap music today is actually called 'DRILL' Music in Chicago and stuff. It's like more hardcore trap music. I'm glad we have Trap music. I always wondered why rap music couldn't just be more 'bassy'. Soon, trap music was born.

Back