Why Kanye Shouldn't Reply to J. Cole's False Prophets

TC-Beats&Raps

Hey I'm a young UK artist who just loves HipHop and everything around it. I wrote a blog on my site about J. Cole and false prophets here
http://tcbeatsandraps.wixsite.com/t...Kanye-Shouldnt-Reply-to-J-Coles-False-Prophet
I will sum it up so you don't have to leave the forum.
My main points were:
-Kanye of now is a different artist topically of Kanye from when he first came out
-I dont think he should reply because he is no longer relatable
-Kanye is known not to write all of his own lyrics would that affect the reaction in a rap beef
-Kanye is was and will outlandish and we will all still watch it he just has been a celebrity for so long he is not in most peoples realm of reality
-J. Cole is seemingly a man of the people currently at least more so than Kanye
Please read my article for more breakdown of lyrics and the topic but im still interested either way of what you guys think.
What do you guys think about a Hypothetical Kanye v J. Cole beef? Should it happen? Who and why would they win?
Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Beef is immature and hinders Hip Hop as a music genre/culture. Good you used the word seemingly for J. Cole as history tells us that many artists latch on to a social issue and/or issues to boost their popularity and to be perceived as of the people. It's wise to remember that Hip Hop never had an inherently political foundation.

Beef is immature and hinders Hip Hop as a music genre/culture. Good you used the word seemingly for J. Cole as history tells us that many artists latch on to a social issue and/or issues to boost their popularity and to be perceived as of the people. It's wise to remember that Hip Hop never had an inherently political foundation.
Personally I don't mind Beef, I think rap is contact sport. Of course I only like it if it stay strictly in lyrics because violence ain't Hip Hop in my opinion. I do think J. Cole is genuine but only time gone tell as we have seen with many artist before. I feel rap Hip Hop is just a reflection of what people of the culture experience, enjoy and want to tell a story about so i agree the foundation is inherently political but there is scope for politics to be addressed.

Given that "street" culture with a focus on criminality is part of Hip Hop culture (as MCs were protected physically at times by known gang members, drug dealers, etc.) it is wise to know that many artists have had and do have a hard time separating street politics from "industry" politics and the results of such have been and are disastrous with social repercussions for Black artists. 2Pac once said in an interview he didn't have a jail record until he made a Rap record. The idea in theory of rappers leaving the street behind for Rap success defined by the "industry" and what it promotes is questionable.

I give you that they might have a hard time separating the streets from the industry. I would say that if we financially hurt those who do lash out then we might have a chance to make that action a taboo but as a culture we don't shun the use of violence and often celebrate it like most societies.

Beefs rarely help rappers achieve anything. Forget the beef and make some music that will sell. Beefs get quickly forgotten, and the artists just go away and become nothing.

Beefs rarely help rappers achieve anything. Forget the beef and make some music that will sell. Beefs get quickly forgotten, and the artists just go away and become nothing.
I respect that opinion, though a few rappers have made a name and gained popularity through beef. I do agree that its not a good long term strategy in music.

Back