Why I hate the hood

MobBeatz

Hey brothers and sisters. I am here to tell a quite interesting story and a bit of my view about the "hood" or "ghetto".
First of all growing up in New York and going to school in South Troy, I know about the kind of lifestyle that takes place in the hood. First you got the people that really work hard to get out of the hood. They are on their "grind mode". Working while studying college. Trying to achieve their dreams. I salute all my brothers and sisters going through that same path. And the you got the crooked "hood rats". Gangbanging, selling drugs, selling weapons, doing all the ****ed up shit for money or a bit of fame in their so called "gang". These are the people that don't give a damn about their future, and they are just living the moment. I had 2 of my friends murdered in a gang fight. One was shot in a drive-by. The second one was stabbed at a party by the "rival gang". Both of these events took place in the span of 2 years. What is funny is that, nobody tells their bro to not go do stupid shit to get themselves killed. Nobody watches out for each other, and the when their bro gets locked up or shot dead, they say shit like "Free my nigga ***" or "R.I.P. my nigga ***". No man, this shouldnt work like that, we should not promote violence and drugs, we should not kill each other over stupid shit like this. We need to watch out for our brothers and sisters trying to make it. We need to support each other and unite. It ain't about red or blue. So the message I am trying to give is:
**** THE HOOD, **** THESE GANG, AND **** EVERYBODY THAT GLORIFY THAT LIFESTYLE.

Yea man I understand this has nothing to do with music. But I thought that this was the best category to write this down in. Since it is "hip-hop culture" and all. Sometimes I just want to disscuss issues other than music on this website.

Not an issue as long as things remain civil. Next time probably better to post it in the "Break Room," however...

GJ

I can't disagree with you on this one. Too much stupid love of the violence and the hate. Drug dealer isn't anything to be proud of.

MobBeatz;4***8107 said:
Hey brothers and sisters. I am here to tell a quite interesting story and a bit of my view about the "hood" or "ghetto".
First of all growing up in New York and going to school in South Troy, I know about the kind of lifestyle that takes place in the hood. First you got the people that really work hard to get out of the hood. They are on their "grind mode". Working while studying college. Trying to achieve their dreams. I salute all my brothers and sisters going through that same path. And the you got the crooked "hood rats". Gangbanging, selling drugs, selling weapons, doing all the ****ed up shit for money or a bit of fame in their so called "gang". These are the people that don't give a damn about their future, and they are just living the moment. I had 2 of my friends murdered in a gang fight. One was shot in a drive-by. The second one was stabbed at a party by the "rival gang". Both of these events took place in the span of 2 years. What is funny is that, nobody tells their bro to not go do stupid shit to get themselves killed. Nobody watches out for each other, and the when their bro gets locked up or shot dead, they say shit like "Free my nigga ***" or "R.I.P. my nigga ***". No man, this shouldnt work like that, we should not promote violence and drugs, we should not kill each other over stupid shit like this. We need to watch out for our brothers and sisters trying to make it. We need to support each other and unite. It ain't about red or blue. So the message I am trying to give is:
**** THE HOOD, **** THESE GANG, AND **** EVERYBODY THAT GLORIFY THAT LIFESTYLE.

There are violent people in every country including your homeland.

Last edited:
I never said there weren't, and I don't see the reason why you bring up my homeland for no reason, not something nice to do, especially in a place like this.

The question is "why"? Where did this type of negativity come from? When did it start developing into what we see in the present? How did we allow this to happen?

Then once our eyes (as one) are openned to the problems........WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Don't talk about it, be about it. We are living in times where people complain yet they are so stuck on their own selfishness to care......they ACT like they care. We all know there are problems in the hood. Who's asses do we need to get on about it? The people saying fuuckem and moving as far away from their own people (physically and mentally)....that's who.

What were black people before they were shipped on boats to be here? What were we doing? Were we doing the same thing?

Did you know that slave owners used to make slaves "fight til the death" just for their entertainment? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems like things never changed fully, right? People are dumb enough to get happy about a bunch of "laws" that can change the same way laws were changed when that whipped was going across your ass!

Yep......it's not about the gangs letting strays hit the babies of the single mothers...............that is soooooo old school. Not about race.......hell......it's soo many different blends now......plus these mfers are even killing off the last breed of endangered species. Not about gay marriage, gay rights, gay pride....gay laws. It's 2015......1861 wasn't as far away as YOU think. If you look at history and it's many changes (and lies).....1,000 wasn't shit really. See they know history in different way that we do as we just want an understanding or pass a class. Math, English, Science, and Social Studies........they all go together to bring forth your IGNORANCE....as they learn the POWER OF IT!!! English is some powerful shit, right? While these teacher pet ass mfers wanna spell check everybody like a hoe.........those same words are having definitions added to them....they may have learned it from "hip hop"...who knows. "Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good"!

Keep you entertained.....and you will make choices based on the answers "they WANT" you to give. We the people run this country......once we push the POWER we have, then you will see how free this United States really is.

That's exactly how they want you.

Think you smart because of a smart phone?

Albert%2BEinstein%2Bquote5.jpg

Last edited:
Well said brother, well said. You basically poured everything that needed to be said in the most perfect way possible. Couldn't agree more.

MobBeatz;4***9532 said:
I never said there weren't, and I don't see the reason why you bring up my homeland for no reason, not something nice to do, especially in a place like this.

Because you're singling out violence in the hood like it's unique. Do you hate your homeland as well when people murder each other over senseless things?

yokuzin;4***9658 said:
The question is "why"? Where did this type of negativity come from? When did it start developing into what we see in the present? How did we allow this to happen?

Then once our eyes (as one) are openned to the problems........WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Don't talk about it, be about it. We are living in times where people complain yet they are so stuck on their own selfishness to care......they ACT like they care. We all know there are problems in the hood. Who's asses do we need to get on about it? The people saying fuuckem and moving as far away from their own people (physically and mentally)....that's who.

What were black people before they were shipped on boats to be here? What were we doing? Were we doing the same thing?

Did you know that slave owners used to make slaves "fight til the death" just for their entertainment? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems like things never changed fully, right? People are dumb enough to get happy about a bunch of "laws" that can change the same way laws were changed when that whipped was going across your ass!

Yep......it's not about the gangs letting strays hit the babies of the single mothers...............that is soooooo old school. Not about race.......hell......it's soo many different blends now......plus these mfers are even killing off the last breed of endangered species. Not about gay marriage, gay rights, gay pride....gay laws. It's 2015......1861 wasn't as far away as YOU think. If you look at history and it's many changes (and lies).....1,000 wasn't shit really. See they know history in different way that we do as we just want an understanding or pass a class. Math, English, Science, and Social Studies........they all go together to bring forth your IGNORANCE....as they learn the POWER OF IT!!! English is some powerful shit, right? While these teacher pet ass mfers wanna spell check everybody like a hoe.........those same words are having definitions added to them....they may have learned it from "hip hop"...who knows. "Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good"!

Keep you entertained.....and you will make choices based on the answers "they WANT" you to give. We the people run this country......once we push the POWER we have, then you will see how free this United States really is.

That's exactly how they want you.

Think you smart because of a smart phone?

Albert%2BEinstein%2Bquote5.jpg

It all starts in the home. If you don't raise your kids, the streets will. Absentee fathers are the one of the biggest reasons people turn to gangs and them streets.

Of course I get mad because violence is violence. There is no such thing as good violence. And don't think that im over here rambling anout the hood for no reason. We are in "hip-hop culture" category. The "hood" or the "trap" played a huge role on hip hop and it still does to this day. I definitely agree on what you said about fathers though. We need to educate the children to love and not to hate.

For example, Kendrick Lamar is doing a lot of stuff to unite the gangs and bring peace to the streets. He talks about their bad ways in songs. He does a lot of campaings on this and he also released his new shoes which have red lining on one shoe and blue lining on the other. It gives a nice message. We need more men like him. To unite the streets wit their music and creativity.

MobBeatz;4***9743 said:
Of course I get mad because violence is violence. There is no such thing as good violence. And don't think that im over here rambling anout the hood for no reason. We are in "hip-hop culture" category. The "hood" or the "trap" played a huge role on hip hop and it still does to this day. I definitely agree on what you said about fathers though. We need to educate the children to love and not to hate.

Have you ever considered the fact that gangs and drugs existed before rap music? People were killing each other and selling drugs all over America before Hip Hop was created in New York in the 70's. Not only that our own troops were doing that over in Vietnam during the Vietnam War;smoking weed, doing heroin and murdering people by the thousands including women & kids. How dare you blame hip hop for promoting violence & drugs when America had been doing that for years.

Last edited:
MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

If you grow up with what you think of as "nothing" then you are more tempted to do things so you can obtain "something"

Maybe you see people with nice cars, nice clothes, nice jewelry, ect, and you say to yourself "why don't I have that" or "that should be mine".

That is when the temptation starts.

It does not help that you have drugs, guns, and people who are evil minded in your environment who were not raised properly or corrupted themselves.

You WILL think about selling drugs for "Money"
You WILL think about stealing for "Money" or "things you do not have or want"
You WILL think about robbing a store for "Money"
You WILL think about selling guns for "Money"
You WILL think about robbing people on the street for "Money"
You WILL think about killing for "Money"

I would say majority of the problem is that people with "nothing" are more inclined to be tempted to do evil for "Money" and the environment that encourages you to do illegal activities will not help you in your temptation to do that type of stuff.

Also people are not raised to know what is 100% right or 100% wrong, they grow up not caring about anything because they don't have parents, their parents are in jail/prison, their parents lead by example which is bad.

Still gives no excuse for someone when they grow up and are accountable but it gives you insight of why people do what they do.

If you BELIEVE something is true then you will act out what you BELIEVE to be true

if you BELIEVE there is no such thing as right and wrong then guess what , your going to kill, steal, sell drugs, ect.

If you BELIEVE there is a such thing as right and wrong but do not follow it, your doing it for a "reason"

What is that "reason"

Money would be the reason for most
and the feeling of "power" would probably be the second reason for most

That is why people "jump" people, because they can't do it otherwise by themselves
That is why people "kill" random people for absolutely no reason, because they want to feel more powerful than they really are.

This applies to all people, black, white, American, Japanese, German, ect.

Knowing the exact reason per person is different because not all people commit the same crimes, some are drug dealers, some assault people, some kill, some rob, ect.

The reason for each would be a different reason but out of the majority "Money" or "Power" would be the reason for most I assume

For those that do not turn out complete screw ups in the hood

Either they were raised properly, or they seen the evil within their own area and used those people as examples of why they should also not be like them and choose to not be like them.

I could go on for days

"I grew up in the "hood" "

I know alot of people, I could easily guess why each person turned out how they did, many people can easily do the same with their own friends or non-friends if they have enough information on them, how they were raised, what happened in their life, what they have, what they want, what they believe, what do they think life is about, ect.

All of that is the outcome of what you see

Its not just about "oh this is a bad area"

People are the cause of bad people

You can't blame the gov, you can't blame your dad, you can't blame anyone but yourself at the end of the day if your a evil person

You can say "things that lead up to that point" but at the end of the day people choose how they want to be

If you live in the hood people have CHOOSEN to rob, people have CHOOSEN to steal, people have CHOOSEN to kill.

Give a people a reason why they shouldn't do those things

Other wise they will keep doing it

People are doing those things because they have no good reason to stop, how about talk to people and GIVE or SHOW them a reason to stop.

Last edited:
Benji2 i dont thin you understood what I said. As a muslim man I know damn well how many innocent people america has killed and is still killing for their need to bring "democracy". It is a fact and no one can deny it. I never blamed hip hop for promoting violence. These gangs, like you said were formed during the 70's. About the same time hip hop started coming up. There isn't a HUGE time difference either. ICEN wrote a perfect response. People will do anything for money. However, people can get money the clean way as well. Simply by working, something that most people aren't so excited about. So like I said, I never blamed hip hop for promoting violence.

About "working for money the clean way aka get a legal job"

Work is not something people are happy about, even people who have legal jobs are not happy (most of them).

People will often say "I need a job that requires me to not take orders, is easy, pays good and I like"

Well guess what, there are not many jobs like that so you will most likely have to get a job where

- It pays less or is okay pay
- You get ordered around
- Its not super easy like you expected
- Its not your dream job or something you really enjoy

But guess what, you can't always get what you want, and the problem is people want what they can't always get (which ties back into stealing, ect.)

People see stealing or selling drugs as the easy way of working. They have no one to listen to, they don't have to wake up at a certain time, they don't get ordered around, its not labor work, the pay is high and quick money (depending on how many people you sell to of course).

So you have two choices

Take the easy way out with a ton of risk along with destroying your community and feeling guilty about it
Take the hard way, work your way up, and make a honest living

Nobody enjoys getting paid shit money
Nobody enjoys jobs they hate
Nobody enjoys being ordered around

But you have to do what you have to do to eat

People that work at a regular job may not get "quick drug money", they may not get "$5,000 from robbing a store"

But they also ensure they will never get shot, killed, stabbed, thrown in prison, ect.

And all along they can be working their way up to someday be making money than most drug dealers.

Anyways, most drug dealers I see don't even make money, if they were making money why are they still in the hood? Surely 50 cent moved his ass out the hood when he got some real $$$$$$.

A person who has SUCCESSFULLY made it out the hood and is making $$$$$$ legally would have to be a complete fool to go back in the hood and do illegal stuff. You would literally have to be a FOOL to ruin what you have.

And that is why most intelligent people even from the hood will not be dumb enough to go back and get thrown in prison after they have $$$$$.

That is not to say people haven't done it but usually its either because of greed or because the fact they are not happy even with money.

There are people that have all the money in the world but are still not happy and there are bank robbers who are so stupid that they keep going back for more even after making millions of dollars, because they are greedy and keep wanting more.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also if you are trying to produce music in the "hip-hop" genre, you can't be seen working a regular job or it will ruin your "image" or so people assume that, which is another reason why people don't want regular jobs because of their "image".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Realistically this is the reality, I hope all the wanna be drug dealers and gangstas hear this

Unless you are a big time drug dealer you probably ain't making shit for money, lets be honest.

A nerd at Mcdonalds is probably realistically raking in more cash than most petty drug dealers at the end of the year

So who is more gangsta? The nerd at Mcdonalds making more money than the drug dealer or the drug dealer in prison who made $30 in one day and now has to serve 5 years. Lets bump that number up, even if you were to make $1,000 in one week, once you get caught you are nothing but a "fool".

What is more gangsta?

A person selling drugs and can't even afford a whip (car)
or
A person working at the mall and owns a whip (car)?

What is more gangsta?

You see if you replace "gangsta" with the sentence "I' get less money than someone working a regular job" then you can easily see why so many people in the hood are "gangsta".

A better definition of gangsta would be "someone who stands up for themselves, is not a *****, and will **** you up"

Now that in my opinion is a much better term for gangsta, because then people in the hood can go get a job and realize that doesn't make them a ***** just because they have to work for money.

Because I assure you 99% of the so called gangstas in your hood think they are gangsta with their "no car".

And on the topic of people who kill people thinking they are gangsta

You ain't a G just because you can kill someone

Anybody can kill someone, its not hard, that does not make you a gangsta, a 16 year old with his fathers rifle can kill you, who is more gangsta? You or the 18 year old at Walmart who went and bought a gun then shoots you and lives in the country?

Who is more gangsta, you with your gun or a police officer who is more thug than you and kills you first?

Dead is dead, a gun is a gun.

So how killing = your a gangsta because if it means your a gangsta then you ain't special, I guess people that fight in wars are the most gangsta, the police are the most gangsta and you ain't shit compared to their body count.

The idea of "gangsta" is what makes people fools

My definition of gangsta is not the same as other peoples definition

I grew up in the hood, I seen like maybe one drug dealer who I recall that always had a nice car, one look and you could tell he sells drugs just from how his car looks and how its all pimped out.

Everyone else are just petty drug dealers not making more than $300 a week and that is being GENEROUS

If most drug dealers was making the doe they claimed then where is your car, where is your rolex, where is your house, where is your anything?

I see drug dealers who ride around on their bikes still.

SO WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS THIS

#1 - Work a honest job that you can possible not enjoy, your pay is possibly low, average or above, you may possibly take orders, you may possibly have to work your way up. Its legal and you will never waste your life away

#2 - Do illegal activities to make money, you will more than likely never make more money than a kid at Mcdonalds who is working a full year every year, you also will probably end up in prison/jail, shot, stabbed, or killed. You have a chance of never getting caught and making a ton of money but that chance is so small you are basically calling yourself the next "Albert Einstein".

Anyone (including people in the hood) will choose option #1 because its LOGICAL, and the only reason tons of people in the hood do not come to that conclusion is not because they were not smart before or could be smart, it is because they grew up and were brain washed to think like a fool and become one as well.

While people are worried about being "gangsta" and making $0 per hour, bill gates is laughing with his billions of dollars about how he is gangsta.

Who is more gangsta? You or bill gates

The answer is BILL GATES

- He can pay people to kill you
- He can buy your city
- He doesn't have to hustle he is rich
- He doesn't have to ask for sex, he can get it anytime he wants because he has money
- He can marry the girl you wish you could marry
- He can own your block
- He can pay your gang to become his servants

The point is, I don't believe in the regular definition of the term gangsta how it is thrown around today, because the only gangstas are the ones with money and that means most people in the hood are not gangstas.

They created title "gangsta" to mean "I can brag about being a failure"

Gangsta's exist however my term for gangsta is much different, because anyone can be a gangsta, which would mean NO GANGSTA IS SPECIAL so what the **** is the point of trying to be one.

That is all I wanted to say

Back