Why is Big Pun so underated?

H

havok...

so, every knows about 2pac, biggie, nas and jay-z. but how come no one really talks about big pun. i kno a lot of ppl here know about pun, but y isnt he more talked about. he was definitely a crazy ass lyricist. his lines were crazy. ive been a fan since *still not a player* but didnt recognize his lyrical genius till *twinz (deep cover 98).* once i heard that 'little italy' line, i started listenin to him and realized that he really was a genius. comments? anyone else you feel is underated?

noblewordz said:
Even if i stutter i will still s-s-s-shhit on you ... Best line ever.

Hell ****ing yeah.

Pun underrated? Impossible. Anyone who hears him is impressed. I remember way back in 7th/8th grade, this girl let me borrow "Yeah Baby". I wasn't really up on Pun, so I was curious. By the end of that day, he was one of my favorite rappers.

He does get mentioned as one of the greats...

Tyree D.][/color]over-ate-it

When you walk outside,God gonna strike you with lightning...lol

When he was living he was just not as big as Biggie or 2pac...

Last edited:
i know why hes under rated.....maybe cuzz hes latino.....and hip hop doesnt often give spanish rappers...credit....they think they all bout salsa and merenue....big pun *safe to say* has betta lyrical ability then biggie

ronniebonnie1988 said:
i know why hes under rated.....maybe cuzz hes latino.....and hip hop doesnt often give spanish rappers...credit....they think they all bout salsa and merenue....big pun *safe to say* has betta lyrical ability then biggie

I was going to say that and that's what it always was because he was latino...racism is human racism...

It's cause he was Puerto Rican ... I myself am Puerto Rican and
don't take any spanish rappers seriously at all. PUN was the ONLY
one that was NICE. JOELL ORTIZ (AFTERMATH) is shaping up nicely
and maybe he can bring it back for PR's cause FAT ASS JOE could
never rap & black balled the only other NICE one CUBAN LINK.

PUNS flow was undeniable and he went before he got to see
his PRIME just like BIG L ... PUN IS A GREAT/LEGEND PERIOD !

Last edited:
We ain't scared to say nothing (example Kanye, lol) no1 cared to say anything and that album is never gonna come out in your sig...it's been the same for a 1 year !

LMAO !

Last edited:
rando said:
We ain't scared to say nothing (example Kanye, lol) no1 cared to say anything and that album is never gonna come out in your sig...it's been the same for a 1 year !

LMAO !

you talking about my sig? lol...

unfortunately people like Pitbull, Daddy Yankee and Fat "sloppy" Joe not really helpin the latino rap image as being skillful, big pun was the exception, he was sick

Back