Why is it that Baby from Cash Money don't like paying his producers?

The better question is "Why aren't producers SUING birdman?"

I don't feel sorry for any of these producers/artists who don't educated themselves on the business. They come in the industry thirsty and get taken advantage off. Who's fault is that?

Explain to me how the ONLY person i haven't heard get ****ed over by Diddy is Ryan Leslie? Here, i'll tell you why... because Ryan Leslie is educated. Probably smarter than Puff's entire business team put together.

This stuff isn't rocket science. If you come in the business as a naive, starving, desperate artist/producer with no business system set up in place then those who have their system will take advantage of you.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that all it takes is rereading a book that cost less than $20 a couple of times to understand how the business works... someone please explain to me why is this so hard for people to grasp? Why is it so damn hard for someone to pick up a book and READ????

Can you recommend a book?

80 percent business 20 on music

Yeah I use to say that then I thought about it, and said dam I am being brain washed to say something without thinking. It's 50/50, I would put it, because technically I am mostly making music not business, I get the business handled fairly quickly, so to be fair I say 50/50 because if it was really 80% I wouldn't be in it, because 20 % love ain't nothing to me, I need at least 50% or better love and doing this music.

Why would anyone pay someone when they can get away with NOT PAYING?

Think about it...why does the dope dealer who sits in the crib all day cause he has runners making him thousands a day only bust his lil workers down sneaker money?

Why do pimps who don't f**k nothing for cash and offer fake "protection" until something really happens and don't do nothing take all the money their hoez make?

Why do bankrobbers keep money that's supposed to be split with others if the "other" in question is killed or caught in the robbery?

Because people are selfish. The only reason most majors pay you is out of fear of not "taking care" of everything and ending up having to make a bigger payout later. But these days, more and more labels are getting the idea they can contractually bind newer producers who want a break to contracts that offer NOTHING(or close to it) financially.

You know what I say to that? THESE NEW PRODUCERS BETTER LEARN THE DAM BUSINESS THEN!!!

Producers need to ban together and make unity there's enough money for all of us, to much money.

Being an illegal pimp or drug dealer I wouldn't equate that analogy to a legal record company. The only thing that changes things in the record business is the SIGNING OF THAT CONTRACT. If that contract is to jerk you and you sign with out representation then you're ass out. If that contract is to give you you're worth and extras then it's all good.

Why would anyone pay someone when they can get away with NOT PAYING?

Think about it...why does the dope dealer who sits in the crib all day cause he has runners making him thousands a day only bust his lil workers down sneaker money?

Why do pimps who don't f**k nothing for cash and offer fake "protection" until something really happens and don't do nothing take all the money their hoez make?

Why do bankrobbers keep money that's supposed to be split with others if the "other" in question is killed or caught in the robbery?

Because people are selfish. The only reason most majors pay you is out of fear of not "taking care" of everything and ending up having to make a bigger payout later. But these days, more and more labels are getting the idea they can contractually bind newer producers who want a break to contracts that offer NOTHING(or close to it) financially.

Last edited:
People need to read that ****ing book...

memorize that shit is you have to.

Last edited:
People won't read a 25 page manual for some equipment they just spent hundreds on... do you think they're going to read a book about "business"?

... where's the audiobook? Fast food world.

Here's something to read if you get tired of reading my posts...

What You Need to Know about The Music Business - Music Industry Home Truths

LOL I keep telling cats dudes don't like to read, they rather ask questions. Dudes don't wanna hunt for their sounds either they rather say "GIVE ME SOUNDS NOW". They don't want to search or nothing pure laziness. I love to read it shows you things that you don't know but could learn. While cats paying thousands of dollars for schooling, I can get the same books, buy my own equipment for less and learn hands on with the book and become better than the actual joe.

Some guy told me I should make an eBook because I have knowledge I asked him "FOR WHAT I WOULDN'T SELL DUDES DON'T READ" lol Any book that's over 10 pages they ain't reading that whole thing lol They want everything quick fast in a hurry. It's sad,
once I read where if you don't want black/young people to find something put it in a book. DAMMMMMM!!!! I WANNA SAY SO BAD DUDE IS LYING, but........ and there's a big but.........hmmmmmmmm is all I can say.

LOL I keep telling cats dudes don't like to read, they rather ask questions. Dudes don't wanna hunt for their sounds either they rather say "GIVE ME SOUNDS NOW". They don't want to search or nothing pure laziness. I love to read it shows you things that you don't know but could learn. While cats paying thousands of dollars for schooling, I can get the same books, buy my own equipment for less and learn hands on with the book and become better than the actual joe.

Some guy told me I should make an eBook because I have knowledge I asked him "FOR WHAT I WOULDN'T SELL DUDES DON'T READ" lol Any book that's over 10 pages they ain't reading that whole thing lol They want everything quick fast in a hurry. It's sad,
once I read where if you don't want black/young people to find something put it in a book. DAMMMMMM!!!! I WANNA SAY SO BAD DUDE IS LYING, but........ and there's a big but.........hmmmmmmmm is all I can say.

this is so true

Somebody should contact Donald Passman and ask them if they can read his book to be released as an audiobook and get a percentage of the money.

Then you read Donald Passmans book and put beats at a low volume under it and people will listen to the book and they'll stay engaged because there are beats in the background.

I finish my audiobooks on my way to and from work. It takes me 30 minutes each way and I start them on a Monday morning and by the end of the week, I've finished a book.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with ebooks and audiobooks I prefer them over paper books, they're just the digital version of a paper book. It's just some people want the information just like that, they expect to learn the music business in a couple hours smh let me rephrase that a couple minutes smh. When are people gonna realize success takes time. I'm 19 years old my generation likes to go to clubs and shake their asses, while they're doing that I'm focused on my future.

There's nothing wrong with ebooks and audiobooks I prefer them over paper books, they're just the digital version of a paper book. It's just some people want the information just like that, they expect to learn the music business in a couple hours smh let me rephrase that a couple minutes smh. When are people gonna realize success takes time. I'm 19 years old my generation likes to go to clubs and shake their asses, while they're doing that I'm focused on my future.

OH my brother I am not saying eBooks is wack or anything I am saying when posed with the question of selling info with eBook, PDF's or any type format that I wouldn't sell well when giving instructions in that book because people nowadays don't wanna read, that's my point, has nothing to do with the format.
Yes they expect things to fast, in America it's a fast past gimme gimme now thing instead of being patient and letting everything come natural.

And that's you, only a hand full of teens are doing that, noticed the ones shaking their arses in clubs would out number the teens that's sitting home making music and have a talent by the thousands. Keep going on you have the spirit and it will amount to something.

People won't read a 25 page manual for some equipment they just spent hundreds on... do you think they're going to read a book about "business"?

... where's the audiobook? Fast food world.

Here's something to read if you get tired of reading my posts...

What You Need to Know about The Music Business - Music Industry Home Truths

The link is there for those who want to learn. To be honest, I assume most cat's are up on that book. I read it when I was 14 and didn't put it down. You answered the riddle though...cat's get ****ed out of money because they don't like to read. That's their fault, this isn't the block.

Somebody should contact Donald Passman and ask them if they can read his book to be released as an audiobook and get a percentage of the money.

Then you read Donald Passmans book and put beats at a low volume under it and people will listen to the book and they'll stay engaged because there are beats in the background.

I finish my audiobooks on my way to and from work. It takes me 30 minutes each way and I start them on a Monday morning and by the end of the week, I've finished a book.

Now that's deep bro, I can't read and listen to music in the background I need total concentration, because at the same time while I am reading I am figuring things out in my head like a scene in a movie that's how I make my music also. Music is a distraction because I am listening to the lyrics and trying to read and concentrate that's not happening. The younger generation is brought up like that, like digital babies or something where they are programmed to want the music in the back ground and pictures and what not instead of being able to focus on what they read in silence.

The study and science of sound is so deep with me that when I am in the studio I acknowledge energies also in a space and if their is negative energies in my space I can't make a top notch product nor do I want another energy around my energy to beguile my mental, and ear audio focus. Some may not understand because it may be to deep for them, cool, end result, good music, that's all that should count to them. I study everything from, genetics, to the universe, blood plasma, Melanin, geographic locations, epigraphic evidence, Theology, antiquities, and the list goes on. This is exercising my brain, and when you do this all you're doing is becoming so good that making music is so freakin easy it will shock the hell outta you. I am not saying people go my route it's just this is what I enjoy and how I come to knowing what is.

I have alot of business audio books on things like sales,persuasion,leadership,marketing
and ppl you get free audio books from your local library and some business and music-business books all for free
don't sleep on your local library

The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert

Back