Why is it that Baby from Cash Money don't like paying his producers?

he said in some yt video that he wasnt paid for 6 foot 7 beacuse he didnt wanted to be paid. All he cared for was that his beat was the beat of C4 promo track and more people have heard about Bangladesh bcuz of that.

they had this beef about unpaid royalties for a mili but its already past.

For the note, I didn't see no where in the video or anywhere where he said he DIDN'T WANT TO BE PAID FOR 6 FOOT 7, In that video it says he hasn't been compensated for 6 foot 7 of April 2011!!!

What you miss understood is, when you feel an artist won't sell units you ask for upfront dough. When you dealing with someone like Wayne, or Drake etc you know they will sell so you get your MONEY ON THE BACK END, meaning through royalties, synchronation rights, performance rights etc. He never said he didn't want to get paid. Biggest song and one doesn't want to get paid are you kidding me? Ohhhhhhhh no. He has made it loud and clear he wants his money.

I got a feeling birdman will get his one day. He can't go around ripping off people forever, eventually it's gonna catch up to him. He'll earn a bad reputation, and nobdy will want to work with him anymore. Also whats slim's job isn't he supposed to handle all the business?

Those that don't take your good info are fools. You're right their like sharks. and the reason a lot pass up the info hate to say it but CATS DON'T LIKE TO READ!!! it's a shame. Then when it's all said and done they wanna read, nope to late you signed your X on the dotted line. LOX!!! Hello!!! I told you, see, I know what I am talking about. Dudes adding stuff then wanting paid!!!!

and ppl don't even like to cold call up a entertainment lawyer
and it's true alot of ppl don't like to read

Also this might be a biased thing to say but. We play the most important role anyway. Because if the beat aint hot, the song aint hot simple as that.

Ok, I will say this, yes the beat/music has to be hot. The singing and lyrics with the beat goes 50/50 important. I will say this though as truth, the producer has much more work cut out for him. Because :

1. Has to deal with making the track, getting the melodies and then putting it down and arrange it. Look for sounds etc etc.
2. has to be on the tech side of things and deal with compression, gates, reverbs, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh you know what I mean.
3. constantly stop, chop etc.

The list goes on.

The singer all they have to do is sit down and write to it, come up with a nice melody to fit the song's melody, sing it. If the singer doesn't write that's easier for that person because now all they have to do is learn the song and use their voice box and the producer will handle the rest of the way.

and ppl don't even like to cold call up a entertainment lawyer
and it's true alot of ppl don't like to read

Indeed, their pride and think they know what they are doing will bite them in the arse!!! I worked in law for 12 years, it's a word of arts game !!! Mostly those words are Greek or Latin and they have meaning behind them which the average person doesn't understand that's how the law of this land gets over using words of art on people. So cats that think they are smart are really dumb!!! They think they can read contracts because they have a talent. they don't understand if you wanna be an artist you can get a contract of 50 pages only one page can lock your arse in for 9 years with a company and you don't even know it. An attorney will read it over and one pay them.

Not reading or listening to vets who is trying to help is their own down fall.

For the note, I didn't see no where in the video or anywhere where he said he DIDN'T WANT TO BE PAID FOR 6 FOOT 7, In that video it says he hasn't been compensated for 6 foot 7 of April 2011!!!

What you miss understood is, when you feel an artist won't sell units you ask for upfront dough. When you dealing with someone like Wayne, or Drake etc you know they will sell so you get your MONEY ON THE BACK END, meaning through royalties, synchronation rights, performance rights etc. He never said he didn't want to get paid. Biggest song and one doesn't want to get paid are you kidding me? Ohhhhhhhh no. He has made it loud and clear he wants his money.

maybe. its 5am in here, so cant really think straight.
ive found this, pretty interesting about Cash Money and paying royalties;
Producer Says He Didn’t Rip Off Lil Wayne ’6 Foot, 7 Foot’ Beat

I got a feeling birdman will get his one day. He can't go around ripping off people forever, eventually it's gonna catch up to him. He'll earn a bad reputation, and nobdy will want to work with him anymore. Also whats slim's job isn't he supposed to handle all the business?

LOL Slim who? LOL Man I forgot he existed lol hahahah

Yep Birdman will get his. He has a rep now and people don't wanna mess with him.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Oh it's late ? LOL ok you're excused, whewwwwwww you had me worried there for a moment bro lol

Indeed, their pride and think they know what they are doing will bite them in the arse!!! I worked in law for 12 years, it's a word of arts game !!! Mostly those words are Greek or Latin and they have meaning behind them which the average person doesn't understand that's how the law of this land gets over using words of art on people. So cats that think they are smart are really dumb!!! They think they can read contracts because they have a talent. they don't understand if you wanna be an artist you can get a contract of 50 pages only one page can lock your arse in for 9 years with a company and you don't even know it. An attorney will read it over and one pay them.

Not reading or listening to vets who is trying to help is their own down fall.

You know alot about the business. You should make a ebook, and sell it you would make alot of money. Alot cats don't know where to get this information.

spelling

Haahhhah
Lmao lol hahahd dude was lying on Bang lol hahahah lol He probably had the same record and thought it was his right to it lol But dude is lying lol hahahah smh that was funny lol hahahahah Those clowns lol

Kennedy says he’s tried to reach out to Tedder to clear up what he hopes is a misunderstanding, but he hasn’t heard back yet. He also says, although he wishes RAS success in the future, he doesn’t appreciate him “making stories up to call attention to himself.” RAS has since deleted the tweets from his account.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

I was thinking that but I am so busy man I don't have the time. There are books out there already also.

My spirit is making music that's where I am. but I am glad I have knowledge of this business.

You know alot about the business. You should make a ebook, and sell it you would make alot of money. Alot cats don't know where to get this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
The better question is "Why aren't producers SUING birdman?"

I don't feel sorry for any of these producers/artists who don't educated themselves on the business. They come in the industry thirsty and get taken advantage off. Who's fault is that?

Explain to me how the ONLY person i haven't heard get ****ed over by Diddy is Ryan Leslie? Here, i'll tell you why... because Ryan Leslie is educated. Probably smarter than Puff's entire business team put together.

This stuff isn't rocket science. If you come in the business as a naive, starving, desperate artist/producer with no business system set up in place then those who have their system will take advantage of you.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that all it takes is rereading a book that cost less than $20 a couple of times to understand how the business works... someone please explain to me why is this so hard for people to grasp? Why is it so damn hard for someone to pick up a book and READ????

Great dam post!!!! STANDING OVATION!!!! :cheers:

I said in my previous post about Ryan Leslie, he is a college graduate with honors and he is talented way more than Puff could ever be!!! Puff can't intimidate him because he has all the goods Puff wish he had. He would run circles around Puff!!! real talk. Plus R-Les don't need Puff!!! Puff need him!!!

I don't know why other producers are not suing Birdman, maybe cause they are scared? They better toughen up and get real and sic their lawyers on him!!! That's how you hurt a cat, get in his pockets. Bangladesh shouldn't have to wait until the 3rd quarter, Baby should route the dough he owe him straight into his account no problem, he has the dough, buying expensive cars, carrying 100,000 dollars around for no reason, dude is nuts.

You know why cats don't wanna read? Lazy!!! Is one reason, 2. wants everything fast!!! 3. Living in a dream world with out a business mind set.
Those three combinations are deadly. When someone tries to teach them what's right they are to smart for their own good and don't wanna listen.

The better question is "Why aren't producers SUING birdman?"

I don't feel sorry for any of these producers/artists who don't educated themselves on the business. They come in the industry thirsty and get taken advantage off. Who's fault is that?

Explain to me how the ONLY person i haven't heard get ****ed over by Diddy is Ryan Leslie? Here, i'll tell you why... because Ryan Leslie is educated. Probably smarter than Puff's entire business team put together.

This stuff isn't rocket science. If you come in the business as a naive, starving, desperate artist/producer with no business system set up in place then those who have their system will take advantage of you.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that all it takes is rereading a book that cost less than $20 a couple of times to understand how the business works... someone please explain to me why is this so hard for people to grasp? Why is it so damn hard for someone to pick up a book and READ????

Great dam post!!!! STANDING OVATION!!!! :cheers:

I said in my previous post about Ryan Leslie, he is a college graduate with honors and he is talented way more than Puff could ever be!!! Puff can't intimidate him because he has all the goods Puff wish he had. He would run circles around Puff!!! real talk. Plus R-Les don't need Puff!!! Puff need him!!!

I don't know why other producers are not suing Birdman, maybe cause they are scared? They better toughen up and get real and sic their lawyers on him!!! That's how you hurt a cat, get in his pockets. Bangladesh shouldn't have to wait until the 3rd quarter, Baby should route the dough he owe him straight into his account no problem, he has the dough, buying expensive cars, carrying 100,000 dollars around for no reason, dude is nuts.

You know why cats don't wanna read? Lazy!!! Is one reason, 2. wants everything fast!!! 3. Living in a dream world with out a business mind set.
Those three combinations are deadly. When someone tries to teach them what's right they are to smart for their own good and don't wanna listen.

Look at this for example:

Guy got excited, sent his beat to Polo, threw a party and everything. What for? To find out that Polo took his production credit. You want to know why? Because the kid, just like every one of these upcoming producers 1. Get all gushy when someone in the mainstream contacts them and 2. Is more focused on the "dream" than their pockets.

Why are these upcoming producers sending tracks out to these industry producers/artists without talking business? I don't get it. Are they scared to talk business? Do they really believe these guys are looking out for them?

What good does giving out free beats to a mainstream artist does if the producer is not building a brand in the process?

If the industry perceives you as another bedroom, "i want to live the dream" beatmaker then you'll be treated like one.

They can rob bedroom producers because they can. No bedroom producer has entertainment lawyer money and they don't want to take the gamble of losing in court if they do fork out the money. All they can do is make youtube vids of themselves throwing hissy fits.

"You have a good case" doesn't mean, "You're going to win your case and get paid". They'll probably drag you into the deep litigation waters until you run out of money and your entertainment lawyer says "I haven't received your last payment, I don't work for free..."

The only person that cares about your music is you...

Artists post up an email address and 1/2 the people that send music to that address don't have good housekeeping to even have the session files anymore. How are you going to prove anything, lol?

Thank you for that video. That was on time. You're right, first of all I am not sending anything to a producer. We will meet at a location studio of their choice to hear my tracks I will bring a CD with me. if I have 30 tracks on it and they like three I will tell them, I will hold those tracks until we negotiate a deal and I see some advance money. But that CD it coming back with me and I am not leaving my tracks.

Polo da Don is known for sneaky nonsense he leaks his own stuff so he can get spins on the radio to get dough, he doesn't listen to record executives and he is burning bridges. He stole dudes credit, dam shame. How can you feel proud about that? Polo to me is a garbage producer anyway, he's not all that. AND COPYRIGHT YOUR DIGS!!!! Don't sparkle any producer with your tracks, only sparkle A&Rs and never hand over your music digs to no one. If you're hot they got no other choice but to call you back. Do business, that's it let it be known from the get that you're doing business, always sparkle like that on those types of people. Polo had the nerve to have the word AYO in the song he stole. dudes are crooks!!!

Look at this for example:

Guy got excited, sent his beat to Polo, threw a party and everything. What for? To find out that Polo took his production credit. You want to know why? Because the kid, just like every one of these upcoming producers 1. Get all gushy when someone in the mainstream contacts them and 2. Is more focused on the "dream" than their pockets.

Why are these upcoming producers sending tracks out to these industry producers/artists without talking business? I don't get it. Are they scared to talk business? Do they really believe these guys are looking out for them?

What good does giving out free beats to a mainstream artist does if the producer is not building a brand in the process?

If the industry perceives you as another bedroom, "i want to live the dream" beatmaker then you'll be treated like one.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Rome what up man.

See Rome it's like this, you don't need a lawyer to copyright your music first off. Just do that and you are clear. They do have agencies where you can pay a one time fee for one year to have an attorney and you must prove your income is low. Then you have the other agencies where you can pay for a lawyer for $39.99 a month and they will fight for you. Then in a case like me I know lawyers, or you can get a hook up with a PRO BONO lawyer and they will fight your case FOR FREE!!!! Even if you can't afford one if your music is protected by copyright and you go to a lawyer and have all documentation right and sit in front of an attorney for a free consultation and they will investigate your case to see if they can win, if they see they can and your docs is straight they will fight your case and you pay them on the back end of what you agreed to before they started your case.

So this is why knowledge is so important on the services that are out there. I know because I worked in law for 12 years. This is what these cats need to know. But these cats have to want to learn and read, or they will keep making videos. I think it's good they make the video this tells us who is shady and who is stealing. Then people can see who not to mess with, If Polo stole his beat homey has the right to make a video to tell how really shady dude is. He leaks his own stuff that's crazy. Polo has no business ethics. If you heard what homey said at the end that was important "GOTTA HAVE THE BUSINESS RIGHT" that was the moral of this video!!! and it blends in right with this thread.

They can rob bedroom producers because they can. No bedroom producer has entertainment lawyer money and they don't want to take the gamble of losing in court if they do fork out the money. All they can do is make youtube vids of themselves throwing hissy fits.

"You have a good case" doesn't mean, "You're going to win your case and get paid". They'll probably drag you into the deep litigation waters until you run out of money and your entertainment lawyer says "I haven't received your last payment, I don't work for free..."

The only person that cares about your music is you...

Artists post up an email address and 1/2 the people that send music to that address don't have good housekeeping to even have the session files anymore. How are you going to prove anything, lol?

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

They don't really have to call you back if they like your stuff though.

Most people make the same types of songs, most follow current trends and then there is the old "Make me something like this..." they can get another cheap producer to make.

Nobody is going to go through the hassle of inviting somebody to a studio to hear their stuff. That means you can only sell locally. If somebody in CA wants your stuff and you live in NY - are they going to fly you to CA just to "hear" your stuff? Probably not.

Here's the bottomline.... lol

1. Have good housekeeping - keep everything you can to prove you made the songs. Maybe upload the files to some cloud service, maybe that'll date stamp them as a creation date or something. You're not going to pay to copyright everything you make because you make too many beats as it is. You don't have the money to copyright all of your stuff. If you do send in an .mp3 CD with 120 songs on it... good luck proving anything. You could've ripped that song off of the net. How about I copyright your stuff before you do using an .mp3 CD, lol. Who's to say you made it unless you have the session files... ???

2. You don't have to learn a bunch about entertainment law yourself. Even if you read the books, you're not going to be able to talk "the music business" with somebody in the "the music business" on your own. You take what's coming at you on a case by case basis, what you should do is find somebody RELIABLE that already knows the music business. You don't have to know them personally, you just find some somebody that might know what they're doing - ask 'em questions. My real estate agent got screwed over by the other people's agent because he was new at it. Imagine how they would've screwed me over, lol. The other agent put his initials by some clause and when we got to the title company... those initials cost $700 extra. Our agent paid it out of his pocket and said he'd treat it as a learning experience, otherwise he would've looked at me to give him $700 more. Don't do ish on your own, you don't know what the hell you're doing. Believe me, lol. So screw those books. Find somebody you trust that has real life knowledge, you'll misinterpret the book anyway. $0.02.

3. Don't be afraid to put your music up on the web. You have to have some kind of promo floating around that you don't care if it gets stolen, jacked, chopped up and resampled. You have to "advertise" somehow. So while you may not want to put entire beats up and just snippets with a tag... you should put up some full length ish every now and then. Maybe once a month or so. You still have the session files right? Hopefully. Get you some cloud space and back up all your ish. portable drives fail / get stolen etc. You could use both, but if you're just playing around... a portable drive will do. Name your ish so you can identify it too. Make a text file to put into the folder with the session file that has samples that were used, what drum kit you used, vst patch you used, etc. Just enough info to jog your memory and so you can easily know where to go to reference stuff.

4. Ask some of these people that whine on Youtube what the outcome of their situation was. Maybe they have more info that happened after the vid. They might not want to get into personal ish but why make a whiny vid about you not handling your business if you don't want to help other people avoid the same situation?

Things to remember -

- you probably don't have the money for an entertainment lawyer, you don't have money for PMP. (I saw that Pro Bono thing, that's blue skying it)

- you probably don't have your session files and you probably deleted the vst that your got the sounds from, all you have is the .mp3 and maybe the drums still.

- you didn't actually copyright anything, you only say you'll sue because that's what you see everybody else saying. Are you going to copyright your song after it's already being used, lol.

- I wouldn't worry about ish! in the first place. Any attention somebody else can bring to your name... is GOOD! imo. If you have a legit case, you probably will get some shut up money. It might not be much but people won't want to risk getting their product pulled from stores.

- Make some music and The Boogey Man isn't real.

Last edited:
If you can't get a place to hear your music, you can send snippets but tag and send snippets if you are in NYC and talking to someone in LA. Always keep your session files, why on earth would someone delete that ? If one wants to clean their computer hard drive put those sessions on a DISK!!!

If you're local you can have a sit down meeting learn how to talk and you can get a sit down, I have done it and I have proof of it. You are right about the long distance business, but COPYRIGHT your stuff is protection.

The Pro Bono is not as silly as one may think I have seen at least 30 cases of it winning for people who are either locked up, or low on funds and it's one of the ways to go, it's not the primary to go. Like the Lawyers Volunteers in NYC I used them back in the 90's and they help me understand my contract and what was going on.

I am not saying one has to learn entertainment law Rome, I said THE BUSINESS they need to know, not the law. It's good to know a lil, but I was fortunate to know more on law with provision changes etc etc because I worked in it so it was a blessing for me. They do need to pick up books on the business side and listen to vets that want to help them so they won't get jerked badly. You can get jerked but how much jerking will you allow? When you get up there then you can start calling some shots, but always protect one's self in this business. And get an attorney, me I am definitely not saying at all DO IT ON YOUR OWN, those are not my words and you won't find that in my thread. Just know what you suppose to get and your worth, and always have an attorney read over your stuff and give advice. Me I am blessed to be able to read an non-exclusive or exclusive production contract, I know the different variations of them, clauses and provisions I understand, I know how to boggle down until we both compromise on a deal. Been there done that. This is for the producers, artist ohhhhh my gawd get AN ATTORNEY!!! The contracts are to huge.

Bottom line know your worth and get your dough and protect yourself. Knowing the business is like a business condom put that ish on ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU DO BUSINESS!!!

Now>
Michael Jackson RIP said he found out that Elvis songs were written by an African descent man and found his family and said the man that wrote for Elvis was NEVER PAID ONCE!!! That upset Michael that the record company would do this. That's why Michael caused a stink with Tommy Motolla, and he dropped knowledge. When I looked up the man he said was jerked, Otis Blackwell, I couldn't believe it!!! Then you have People like Baby Birdman jerking Producers, and Polo Da Don stealing credits, watch yourselves people, this can get ugly. Whether it ends up in court or on the street, it can get ugly!! Don't send anything especially to other producers your material if it's not copyrighted !!! I as a producer wouldn't send another producer anything, why? I want to talk to A&R's or record executes not another producer, he would be looking like I am standing in his way causing him not to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OBUgE6EDFo <<<<<<<

Always keep in mind kids that this industry was founded and ran by criminals. They only pay you if they HAVE to, never because they want to. When it comes to services rendered Cash Money's unofficial policy is you have to sue them in order to get your pay, this is widely known in the music biz circles. The exception is unless you're coming to the table with leverage (i.e. - represented by a powerful industry player and/or very high demand prior to the placement). If you have your legal paperwork in order you take the legal route and 9 out of 10 times they will settle because the last thing they want is their parent distributor Universal getting tied up into some court-ordered cease n desist situation. Thats why you saw producers like Jim Jonsin going publicly with a lawsuit because he already 'know the scores'. The newbies will often be scared of 'burning bridges' etc and eat the lost, sadly.

Last edited:
GREATTTTTTTTTTTTT POST LEGAL DOLLAZ :cheers:

You hit that right over the head with that one. "THEY PAY YOU CAUSE THEY HAVE TO NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO" ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is some realness for your arse!!!! Beautiful phrase bro!!!! That's like Retro Slavery in the sense, whew if anyone read that, that line right there should be going over and over and over inside their heads!!!
Thank you for that post.

Always keep in mind kids that this industry was founded and ran by criminals. They only pay you if they HAVE to, never because they want to. When it comes to services rendered Cash Money's unofficial policy is you have to sue them in order to get your pay, this is widely known in the music biz circles. The exception is unless you're coming to the table with leverage (i.e. - represented by a powerful industry player and/or very high demand prior to the placement). If you have your legal paperwork in order you take the legal route and 9 out of 10 times they will settle because the last thing they want is their parent distributor Universal getting tied up into some court-ordered cease n desist situation. Thats why you saw producers like Jim Jonsin going publicly with a lawsuit because he already 'know the scores'. The newbies will often be scared of 'burning bridges' etc and eat the lost, sadly.

Wanna know why dudes still **** with Cash Money even though they won't be getting that $$$$?

Exposure. The most bullshit reason in the industry but it's somewhat true when it comes to that extent.

Bangladesh's career popped off because of "A Milli". "Diva", "Break Up", etc. All those records followed because of the buzz off his A Milli sound.

I know people that have gotten good 6 figure pub deals just off being on a Wayne album.

There's advantages but you need to get ALL of your money. Remember that.

Back