Who will still be making hits 10 years from now ???

As far as rap goes. I don't see any of them as big as they are now in 10 years. Dudes make up to two mixtapes a year. call it what you want but a mixtape is an album to me. It's original songs with hooks and verses. It's dudes that just started rapping two years ago that already have as many mixtapes as Nas got albums, and he been doing it for almost 20 years. That's alot of rapping especially when you got like 19 tracks on all of em. Look at Big Sean or Wiz. Them dudes got tons of mixtapes plus a few official albums. It's no way they can keep rapping for 10 years without sounding repetitive if they don't sound that way already.

In 10 years Snoop will have been rapping for 30 years and he will be 50 years of age. That's all Imma say about that.

The max I give cats that making hits right now is 5 years. Maybe if they took time and made quality music they would last longer.

I would like to start posting for advice on my music and such, but i have to do a few more posts before i am able to lol.

Good tips though!

Max Martin & Dr."Lucky"Luke.......oh well, they do it for 10 years already, they gonna last another 10. ;)

snoop will be 50 in ten years you think he will still be rapping or more a executive producer/label owner

I don't see Lil Wayne being around for the next 10 years at all. If he does last, that's sad. He's over-saturating the music market with his sound, it will fade. There was a point in time recently where you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing Wayne on some track.

If Kanye can keep reinventing and coming up with pioneering stuff like he has been, he might be around a bit longer but more on the production side I would think. He's already been doing stuff for 10 years. People will grow tired of his style as an artist/rapper too.

Truthfully, I can't see anyone out right now that will be a mainstream staple 10 years from now. It's too unrealistic to think that.
LIl Wayne has been around 10 plus years and wheter you like it or not has the respect of O.G. in the game like Nas,Ice Cube,, and contray to recent songs Jay-Z, Legendary producers like Dr.dre(who He has Wrote for) 9thwonder and ect. Create a Super Brand You can not deny him of anything I said face it he is a legend, your juding based on his mainstream shows you dont know music at all.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I am new to mixing and mastering and I want to know what attack,db and all that other stuff mean and does

I think Waka, Gucci, and all the new cats wont be here in 10 years. Of course they will try yo comback occasionaly a few times, but never get the same heat as before. Look at 50 he was at the top and didnt eve think he could fall off any time. Now he also one of them old folks who tries too hard to come back.

I think that in a few years, mainstream rappers will begin loosing heat slowly. People will start to realise that they sound repetetive, and try to imitate eachother too much.

snoop will be 50 in ten years you think he will still be rapping or more a executive producer/label owner

Both. Snoop is going to be 75 and featured on somebody's song if not have an album.

Add to the list Busta Rhymes. Music today is more of his speed. He lost momentum when it was more on street cred and keeping it real. He shines more when he is the WOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAA dude.

Videos like this probably don't cost that much any more.

I believe LL could shock the world with another hit single in 10 years.

Last edited:
DA Smart Or Nothin'

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

It's matters.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Me and should be YOU too!

Passion supersedes any and everything.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

katy perry has a better chance than gaga? lol... that's crazy. Gaga is the BIGGEST pop artist right now she's not going anywhere.

Gaga will be here for a while, her brand follows the concept of constant reinvention which will keep people interested. I have the feeling Gaga will reach Madonna and Michael Jackson status, maybe not like Mike's but she will be up there.

and Bieber, you seen artist like Aaron Carter or Jessie McCartney come and go but what about Justin Timberlake?

Bieber won't go anywhere either, specially him being groomed by Usher. In order for Bieber to successfully have a long career they need to transition him the same way they transition timberlake. If top of the line producers back him the same way Timbaland and Danja did for JT he'll be around for a while.

it all comes down to hit records, if the artist have em and they are pushed right, they'll stick around.

Bieber hot garbage.

Now the problem I have with is Please understand this:

There is no "frequency" someone can tell you to boost.

There is no "compressor setting" someone can give you.

Funny if any of you guys go to school for audio weather a C.C. or school like SAE OR FULLSAIL. you will learn what Frequency is good for a drums and vocals and instruments. But those are basic things you learn it's up to you to make it all come together and make it sound right in a treated room. for example get a book called Modern Recording Techniques. In Chapter 12 page 453 has a chart of levels to start from you make your own changes. Yes every mix will sound different nothing is done the same it's good to learn the basics.

man i love jenna so much :')

in terms of rapping and rapping alone i can see j. cole, chiddy bang, kid ink and tyga but nobody else mainstream comes to mind. but i can think of alot of underground rappers blowing up and becoming mainstream like kendrick lamar and mgk

maybe kanye as a producer and em and wayne as managers.

j. cole? son aint makin hits NOW lmfaoooooo

da only nigga i agree wit is kendrick lamar. all da rest of dem niggas got bout 3 more years MAX. artists are disposable as **** nowadays aint nobody doin nuthin dat special.

Last edited:
j. cole? son aint makin hits NOW lmfaoooooo

da only nigga i agree wit is kendrick lamar. all da rest of dem niggas got bout 3 more years MAX. artists are disposable as **** nowadays aint nobody doin nuthin dat special.
the next generation will decide who stays and who goes and by what i am seeing they only like artist like the people i have mentioned above

i see more people bumping cole, ye, and kendrick than i see more people bumpin wiz, snoop, and wayne

Last edited:
Back