Who will still be making hits 10 years from now ???

Tallhane

Who do you think will still be making hits 10 years from now? Who will be the faces of rap & r&b 10 years from now?

I can see lil wayne, kanye west, snoop dogg..... maybe haha hes getting up there in age but still grinding hard though.

Who do you think will still be in the game 10 years from now?

Added------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to list some top songs from ten years ago (2001) so you can get a sense of how long ten years is. Some have come and gone and others are still on the scene.

OutKast - "So Fresh So Clean",Nelly- "E.I.", Destiny's Child - "Jumpin' Jumpin'", Usher - "U Remind Me", Jay-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)", J.Lo ft. Ja Rule - "I'm Real", Alicia Keys - "Fallin'", Missy Elliott - "Get UR Freak On", Trick Daddy "Take it to the house", Jagged Edge "where the party at", Petey Pablo "Raise Up", D12- "Purple Pills", Mystikal- "Danger", and Afroman "Cause I got High" haha

Those are just several, I'm sure there's others too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tallhane
http://www.tallhane.com

Last edited:
I don't see Lil Wayne being around for the next 10 years at all. If he does last, that's sad. He's over-saturating the music market with his sound, it will fade. There was a point in time recently where you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing Wayne on some track.

If Kanye can keep reinventing and coming up with pioneering stuff like he has been, he might be around a bit longer but more on the production side I would think. He's already been doing stuff for 10 years. People will grow tired of his style as an artist/rapper too.

Truthfully, I can't see anyone out right now that will be a mainstream staple 10 years from now. It's too unrealistic to think that.

Last edited:
Who do you think will still be making hits 10 years from now? The faces of rap & r&b 10 years from now?

I can see lil wayne, kanye west, snoop dogg..... maybe haha hes getting up there in age but still grinding hard though.

Who do you think will still be in the game 10 years from now?

Tallhane

kanye (maybe)
wayne (doubtful)
snoop dogg (nope)
this industry only loves u for 10-15 years in the rap game. Lets not forget Wayne has been in the game for 10+ years on a mainstream level people will tire of him soon i think. Snoop Dogg is a rare exception to the rule. Kanye is getting to his 10 year mark so its very possible. I think Kanye will always have a place as a producer though

I say wayne for sure, hes been making music on a mainstream scale since 97...lol. Dude got 14 years in and is more popular now then when he started. Hes probably going to end up like snoop dogg eventually where you just listen to him because hes snoop.

I dont think Kanye will still be making music 10 years from now, or eminem.

Na cant see Wayne being around in 10 years, he may be in some sort of management role somewhere. But he will be virtually unknown to the general listeners.

I don't see Lil Wayne being around for the next 10 years at all. If he does last, that's sad. He's over-saturating the music market with his sound, it will fade. There was a point in time recently where you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing Wayne on some track.

If Kanye can keep reinventing and coming up with pioneering stuff like he has been, he might be around a bit longer but more on the production side I would think. He's already been doing stuff for 10 years. People will grow tired of his style as an artist/rapper too.

Truthfully, I can't see anyone out right now that will be a mainstream staple 10 years from now. It's too unrealistic to think that.

i disagree. I think if Justin Bieber plays his cards right he could be in the industry in 10 years. Same with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. As far as rappers I think Drake and Nicki Minaj have the potential to. It just kind of depends on how they play their cards from here. They have the fan base and thats the most important aspect of it all.

Na cant see Wayne being around in 10 years, he may be in some sort of management role somewhere. But he will be virtually unknown to the general listeners.

Im almost certain he'll be around rapping to super fast three note synth heavy bass music...lol..watch

i disagree. I think if Justin Bieber plays his cards right he could be in the industry in 10 years. Same with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. As far as rappers I think Drake and Nicki Minaj have the potential to. It just kind of depends on how they play their cards from here. They have the fan base and thats the most important aspect of it all.

Definitely going to have to disagree with the Bieber part. I give him props for being world famous right now and making the most of it, but he got lucky and he didn't do it solo. Once puberty sets in full on that kid, his appeal is gone lol.

Lady GaGa is probably the closest of those first three you mentioned to having 10 year staying power. I don't see Katy Perry as a Britney Spears/Alicia Keys/Beyonce/etc. caliber pop star with that much to offer for so long. She may be hot right now, but she still sounds pretty generic.

I don't see Justin Bieber being around for that long. We've already seen the types like him come and go. (can anyone say Aaron Carter or Jessie McCartney?) As far as Drake he has definite potential, but I don't think he can do it if he stays with young money. They just stay on constant radio rotation and people are starting to get tired. I think Katy Perry has a better chance than Gaga, but I don't see anyone waking up to Gaga playing the gay community for a fan base though. Nicki Minaj I don't get the feeling that she can stay that long because I think some other female rappers might pop up soon. I say look out for B.O.B and Bruno Mars. I think they definitely can be around 10 years from now.

nobody really knows a good answer.. truth is if this was brought up when madonna first came out.. people would of said she wouldn't last as long as she did or become an icon...

I don't see Justin Bieber being around for that long. We've already seen the types like him come and go. (can anyone say Aaron Carter or Jessie McCartney?) As far as Drake he has definite potential, but I don't think he can do it if he stays with young money. They just stay on constant radio rotation and people are starting to get tired. I think Katy Perry has a better chance than Gaga, but I don't see anyone waking up to Gaga playing the gay community for a fan base though. Nicki Minaj I don't get the feeling that she can stay that long because I think some other female rappers might pop up soon. I say look out for B.O.B and Bruno Mars. I think they definitely can be around 10 years from now.

katy perry has a better chance than gaga? lol... that's crazy. Gaga is the BIGGEST pop artist right now she's not going anywhere.

Gaga will be here for a while, her brand follows the concept of constant reinvention which will keep people interested. I have the feeling Gaga will reach Madonna and Michael Jackson status, maybe not like Mike's but she will be up there.

and Bieber, you seen artist like Aaron Carter or Jessie McCartney come and go but what about Justin Timberlake?

Bieber won't go anywhere either, specially him being groomed by Usher. In order for Bieber to successfully have a long career they need to transition him the same way they transition timberlake. If top of the line producers back him the same way Timbaland and Danja did for JT he'll be around for a while.

it all comes down to hit records, if the artist have em and they are pushed right, they'll stick around.

Last edited:
Chris Brown
Gaga
Katy Perry
Rihanna(the only concern i have is her image)
Wayne
Ross(can't believe he's 35 now but he'll still be at it)
Pharell
Willow Smith
Dr.Luke

katy perry has a better chance than gaga? lol... that's crazy. Gaga is the BIGGEST pop artist right now she's not going anywhere.

Gaga will be here for a while, her brand follows the concept of constant reinvention which will keep people interested. I have the feeling Gaga will reach Madonna and Michael Jackson status, maybe not like Mike's but she will be up there.

and Bieber, you seen artist like Aaron Carter or Jessie McCartney come and go but what about Justin Timberlake?

Bieber won't go anywhere either, specially him being groomed by Usher. In order for Bieber to successfully have a long career they need to transition him the same way they transition timberlake. If top of the line producers back him the same way Timbaland and Danja did for JT he'll be around for a while.

it all comes down to hit records, if the artist have em and they are pushed right, they'll stick around.

Justin isn't really that similar to Beiber besides the fact that they're white. Justin's was successful because he was in Nsync and he took that fan base with him when he left and expanded on it and developed his own identity and sound. Beiber is similar to McCartney and Carter in that they were teen hearthrobs who were huge for a short while but died out quickly because they began to grow up.

Btw I said Gaga will most likely still be here. She has a huge gay fanbase that won't abandon her no matter what. So it doesn't matter how much weirder she acts she'll still have her devoted fans, It's true.

i remember seeing beiber videos on youtube before he blew up,that kid can play instruments,i definitely see him expanding and taking that timberlake rout.

Well the question is who will be making HITS..not JUST singing or rapping in them. So i believe these ppl will be involved...in what capacity i have no certain idea...so my big guesses in 10 years;

Justin Beiber - A. Carter & J. Mckartney = created by the corporate J.B. = Young and Gifted (and polished by corporate machine) (Singing, producing & other stuff)

Snoop - Staying power + hustle + diversity + Niggarachi = In entertainment/music til he is ready to leave it..never lol. (Rappin, producing & other stuff)

Lil Wayne - Popularity will wain.. (no pun intended)...but he will still be in music 10 years from now...(did we forget he and his "DADDY" have a label!?) * plus he when from hot (hot boys)...to warm...to hot. First time i have seen this in rap! (Rapping/ Singin, other stuff, maybe producin if he can actually play guitar **doubt it tho**)

Beyonce - She has alot of shelf life left I believe, and she has good ideas for songs and has stayed relavent in what i would consider 3 musical areas (5 years) (doin the whole gambit like Jay-Z + Mogul)

Jay-Z - He is about to bow out (seriously)...and when he does REALLY leave the game then he is gonna actually HELP ppl other then himself blow up and make memerable hits!...that his invovlement in music in 10 years (Mogul and Talent finder)

Gaga - She has what I believe to be "for the lion share of it" and unweivering fan base. (not the teeny boopaz)...she will be like Madonna making music for a long time.

Ok no more detailed ones...
Akon, Alicia Keys, T-pain, Usher, Mariah Carey...just to name a few and alot of that is R&B (On which artist have a longer shelf life)

Lol at people thinking justin bieber will still be making hits in 10 years.

He already got a biopic out at 16 years old...that says it all. Sooner or later his teenie fans are gonna find another person they can worship. Thats the thing with obsessive teenies...they're easy to retune.

Last edited:
Back