Who is/ will be the hottest PRODUCER of 2013?

Celski

What do YOU think: who will be the hottest producer of 2013???
Please, DON'T bring up future producer.com members (like yourself).

Will a legendary producer make a huge comeback in 2013 or is will the new breed of producers rule 2013? What do you think,

WHO IS THE HOTTEST PRODUCER IN 2013?

(ps. would be awesome you can name your favorite beat from the producer, in case some members dont know him or his work). thanks!!!

Alright well let's go down the list:

Pharrell - always up there
Kanye - always up there
J Dilla - R.I.P.
Dr. Dre - if he gets inspired then it will be him
Timberland - We'll see what JT's album sounds like
DJ Premier - coasting
Rick Rubin - hasn't really been focused on hip hop for 25 years
Q Tip - coasting
Pete Rock - coasting
RZA - movies
Just Blaze - always up there
Swizz Beats - never quite at that level

I don't think it will be any of those guys, I think someone is going to take trap to a whole other level this year and its going to go to that guy.

I think Cardiak will have another good year, as well as Beat Bully. Harry Fraud is one of my favorites as well but not sure he really does the "hit" record thing, more organic stuff.

Mike Will hands down. Now that it is said.....yall can go ahead and name your favorites in replace of the man who is really taking over. ;)

O.K!! Carry on. Mike Will is about to be the reason these cry babies ass R&B producers can shine again. Funny how shit works. lol!

Last edited:
People saying Cardiak. Dude dope ass hell...I like dudes beats a lot.. but I think he is filler......nothing to think of as taking over. But he is going to get it in though this year big time. But I would put Sonny Digital ahead of him.

Right now....Mike Will a fool..........man this beat has grown fully on me. Favorite beat right now. I can say I have a favorite producer now. He reminds me of a young mini me.

And it's sad......you can bite a Lex brass and 808 and get away with it...........but as soon as you start filtering sections of your trap beat.........you ain't made it no more.....Mike Will made it.

Last edited:
I don't get what all the hype is about Mike Will. Maybe it's just because the trap beats don't really appeal to me, they're too played out imo, all sound the same after a while. I think T-Minus will have a good year, and if Jim Jonsin would stop playing with his cars and get back to music I think he could do it really really big this year.

uhmm i would say mike will killed some nice beats but his recent shit is so played out...
t minus is my favourite producer right now i hope he'll work harder this year and blaze a whole lot of bangerz

You can't deny Mike Will though....whatever you think of his beats he's been making hit after hit this past year. I wasn't sure of his crossover appeal but the Rihanna, Kelly & Brandy joints proved he can do it. Helps that he has his squad helping out too.

You can't deny Mike Will though....whatever you think of his beats he's been making hit after hit this past year. I wasn't sure of his crossover appeal but the Rihanna, Kelly & Brandy joints proved he can do it. Helps that he has his squad helping out too.
I can deny him lol. In my opinion, a great producer is someone who can switch their sound up many different ways and still make "hits". I'd prefer a 1 hit wonder over someone who CONSTANTLY makes the same sounding shit, it gets annoying very, very fast. Look at the greats: Dre, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze to name a few off the top. Dre produces shit from 50 - In Da Club to K Dot - The Recipe. Jim can go from Luda/Jamie Foxx - Unpredictable to Katy Perry - ET. Blaze will go from Fabolous - Breathe to Drake - Lord Knows. Mike Will goes from Bandz to... um... a few other songs that all sound the exact same? And yes, I know these aren't the HOTTEST BANGAZ OF ALL TIME, but you get the point. A lot of this should go without saying but I figured I'd say it anyway. Like I said earlier, maybe it's just because I think trap music (for the most part) is super played out & I actually enjoy hearing real instruments & shit, I don't know.

I can deny him lol. In my opinion, a great producer is someone who can switch their sound up many different ways and still make "hits". I'd prefer a 1 hit wonder over someone who CONSTANTLY makes the same sounding shit, it gets annoying very, very fast. Look at the greats: Dre, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze to name a few off the top. Dre produces shit from 50 - In Da Club to K Dot - The Recipe. Jim can go from Luda/Jamie Foxx - Unpredictable to Katy Perry - ET. Blaze will go from Fabolous - Breathe to Drake - Lord Knows. Mike Will goes from Bandz to... um... a few other songs that all sound the exact same? And yes, I know these aren't the HOTTEST BANGAZ OF ALL TIME, but you get the point. A lot of this should go without saying but I figured I'd say it anyway. Like I said earlier, maybe it's just because I think trap music (for the most part) is super played out & I actually enjoy hearing real instruments & shit, I don't know.
Umm yeah but mike will does switch his sound up...

Umm yeah but mike will does switch his sound up...
I meannnn kinda. Some of it is more different than I thought he did, but still doesn't make me think anymore of him. I guess it's more of the feeling I get from it than the actual beat itself. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it but every beat I've heard from him just has a "basic" hat, snare, kick, & synth level. I feel like he just switches synths & synth patterns every beat and throws some basic drum patterns in there. I don't know if I'm explaining it right or maybe it's just me, but he's definitely not in my top 5 at the moment.

Back