Who is most responsible for Drake's sound?

G

gnr2206

I was listen to If you're reading this it's too late last week and I was reading credits for the album. The same names keep cropping up: syksense, boi-1da, vinylz etcetc.

Most people contribute Drake's sound to 40 with that moody, low-end leaned sound but production for most of Drake's tracks over the last 3 albums have come from the same producers, most notable tracks being without 40. Is Drake's sound coming from a hub of producers he's got in the 6 or is it one persons vision?

what I imagine is, when working on his tracks, Drake gives a clear idea of the sound he wants. i remember watching an interview with music producer t-minus and he said that Drake worked pretty much like a producer and was detailed in his direction of what sounds he wanted

also, we spoke to one of Drake's producers who worked on "Draft Day" aswell as production for some other songs of his if you want to see what gear he uses check it out here

ducko-mcfli-essentials2.jpg

Well 40 is his engineer so whether he produces or not his influence still 'lives' in the mixes I guess.

I was listen to If you're reading this it's too late last week and I was reading credits for the album. The same names keep cropping up: syksense, boi-1da, vinylz etcetc.

Most people contribute Drake's sound to 40 with that moody, low-end leaned sound but production for most of Drake's tracks over the last 3 albums have come from the same producers, most notable tracks being without 40. Is Drake's sound coming from a hub of producers he's got in the 6 or is it one persons vision?

i'm pretty sure 40 co-produce's a lot of stuff eventhough the original sound may come from somewhere else... also he prolly mixes everything.. another thing i saw in a 40 sound is that that drake adds things in himself... like he'll describe a sound etc and 40 will put it in

40 hands down lol he's more drake then drake is drake. Then I say boi 1 da but all those other producers he works have their stuff mixed by 40 so his sound is everywhere

40 hands down lol he's more drake then drake is drake. Then I say boi 1 da but all those other producers he works have their stuff mixed by 40 so his sound is everywhere

Exactly, I remember a Pensado's Place episode where 40 was showing his session for headlines and basically all of the melodies in that song were done by 40, despite Boi-1da doing the drums and horns, so he does way more than just mixing which in itself was a huge factor. Though I still think Drake and 40 are equally responsible for the "sound" that they've made so popular.

I think Boi1da and Noah"40"Shebib are the creators of the sounds.

Drake's one of those artists who got production that is unique and very-artistic sounding but if he would only tone down the braggadicio-talk and tone down the gangsta image, he could create some incredible art.

I think Boi1da and Noah"40"Shebib are the creators of the sounds.

Drake's one of those artists who got production that is unique and very-artistic sounding but if he would only tone down the braggadicio-talk and tone down the gangsta image, he could create some incredible art.

I agree with you but with all the wannabe gangster shit i aside he still does makes some amazing art, like tuscan leather is genuis

Back