Who is this guy? And why isn't everyone talking about him?

CG Kid

I found this video browsing today, and WTF?! This is like one of the best MC's I ever heard! I promise I'm not a spammer, click the link and you'll understand why I had to post it! o_O

Around 23k views? That just seems wrong! He's upped my standards as a rapper after feeding me humble pie with a cherry on top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly there's a shit ton of rappers just like him who just don't get the recognition they deserve . It's a shame really

Shit doesn't pop off overnight man.. especially when you're on that independent grind. That being said I wasn't expecting this to be good, but DAMN. Thanks for putting on me onto these guys.

The fact that it hasn't popped off for these guys yet makes me wanna quit lol, they're ridiculously talented in every aspect even the production is spot on

He can rap but who is actually going to buy this song?

I can't see young teenage girls buying this. Maybe some teenage boys, who are into Mortal combat theme, MAYBE.

People who like hard hitting rap music will buy this song, but besides that, Flawless and Passionate MC really just go hard in this song and a few others. I bought their albums (downloading mix tapes are free I bought to support) and there's a powerful message both these rappers have. They can go hard and also send a message. Amazing music!

Stereotyping "who will buy this music" makes no sense to me anyways. Those people doing that "Epic Rap Battle" thing on youtube, when they started off were probably told "only geeks will like this" but now it's extremely popular. If someone showed me Nikki Minaj before she made it I'd say "no one would ever listen to this Lil Kim copycat" if I saw that clown Riff Raff I'd laugh. If someone showed me Eminem I'd say "not many people wanna listen to a guy talking about stapling nuts to a stack of paper". It seems unpredictable what people will buy, these guys have a unique style and they do it well, if they sounded like another Drake/Kanye I'd think they'd have less of a chance, but I really have no idea I can just be surprised they have so little buzz right now.

Back