Who is the best rapper right Now?

I don't think rap is in a place where you can properly judge and come to a solid conclusion.

Kendrick Lamar woulda fell thru the cracks in the 90s been mentioned amongst Del and the pharcyde at best. I'm not saying that to advocate 90s hip hop over current stuff. I say that to bring a point that the era of "proving you're the nicest" has been replaced with an era of needing hot hooks, beats, club anthems, twitter followers.

People move different and make different music now.

I really believe if the point was to jump on a track and KILL IT. Drake would be alot more memorable than all these other upcomers and a few older cats...wait, that's happened a few times. But his catalog is so smothered in sappy shyt and music for girls that his lyrics aren't put to the forefront often. I say the same about J. Cole. "Who Dat" was classic, but prolly the only song I ever heard him snap on, so that coulda been a 1 time thing, ghostwriter, whatever, lol. Kanye has to be considered too, especially after coming with harder verses than Jay on most of their album together.

But we live in a current time when soon as someone aiight come around spittin every song(cause they have no other lane)they get overcreditted by folk oversearching for lyricism.

Last edited:
LIL B is the best raper...

LIL B is getting over on all you BASE heads, hes a god of baseheads, and hes gay like yoghurt with FRUIT on the bottom...

SO THERE...I settled that...

Hologram Tupac, Based God, and Future.....Cyhi Da Prynce my favorite lyricist/punchline rapper though

Last edited:
Man I still think nobody is better than Hov, even the old stuff, tho the beats are dated, the lyrics and the flow are still incredible! More recent people though I like The Clipse, Sir Michael Rocks, Dom Kennedy, and a few others.

But we live in a current time when soon as someone aiight come around spittin every song(cause they have no other lane)they get overcreditted by folk oversearching for lyricism.

noooooo. mhhmmph. false. Kendrick is more than aiight, and there are many other artists who are more then aiight.

Good question, I like the roots just for being pure not fake. The rapper is also pretty good compared to all that mainstream crap nowadays

think about how many people are in the world...

then think about how many of those people claim to and/or fit in the category of rapper, past and present...

thats a shitload of rappers to compare aint it?

right now, kendrick lamar got the spotlight on him, the West coast torch passed to him, and ONE OF THE coldest flows... but think about all the cats that are still around from back in the day though.. i seen folks mention busta, twista, tech n9ne..

plus niggas like method man, andre 3000, luda, nas...

keep it 100, there's plenty of rappers that can considered the "best" just based off preference... and wayne shouldn't have been brought up in the first place.

Peace.

Roc Marciano. No doubt. His word play is soooo far ahead of everybody else.

Back