Where do you buy/sell your beats?

Middle8Studios

As a new beat/ghost production library, Middle8Studios is looking to better understand the current marketplace.
We are accepting new productions and all applicants may send their demos to contact (at) middle8studios (dot) com

Do you purchase/sell your beats online, if so how much do you pay/charge?

Do you prefer leasing or buying/selling a beat (non-exclusive vs exclusive)?

favorite places to post/find new music?

As a new beat/ghost production library, Middle8Studios is looking to better understand the current marketplace.
We are accepting new productions and all applicants may send their demos to contact (at) middle8studios (dot) com

Do you purchase/sell your beats online, if so how much do you pay/charge?

Do you prefer leasing or buying/selling a beat (non-exclusive vs exclusive)?

favorite places to post/find new music?

I sell my beats off of beat stars you get 70% for the free version and 100% sales revanew in pro

As for pricing I don't charge over 100$ cause I'm not that known yet ect . I only sell exclusives I don't like it when a beat is constantly used for different songs

I'm looking to start selling my beats. I hear beatstars is great. I think the monthly fee is worth it if you have enough content and enough following.. but nothing is going to come without putting in the footwork and the promoting. I like the idea of leasing a beat over and over again rather than sell the exclusive rights. if I can make $500 off of leases on 1 beat instead of $100 and its gone, why not?

have you heard any good things about myflashstore??? and also which ones have you heard bad things about if you have heard any.
I'm looking to start selling my beats. I hear beatstars is great. I think the monthly fee is worth it if you have enough content and enough following.. but nothing is going to come without putting in the footwork and the promoting. I like the idea of leasing a beat over and over again rather than sell the exclusive rights. if I can make $500 off of leases on 1 beat instead of $100 and its gone, why not?

I've used both

have you heard any good things about myflashstore??? and also which ones have you heard bad things about if you have heard any.

Both platforms are good (beatstars and myflashstore). I've used them both.

They offer similar services (eg: embeddable html5 / flash carts, contract delivery, file delivery, etc) but beatstars takes it one step further and also offers you the ability to submit tracks for YouTube content id and soundcloud monetization as well as provides placement opportunities.

Which can be good if your music is getting tons of hits on those platforms and you're looking to send beats to the bigger names.

I guess a downside to beatstars could be that their cart is branded with their logo and links back to their site which isn't the case with myflashstore. This may matter to some..

Regardless which cart service you choose, building up your traffic and creating awareness for your brand is going to be the biggest thing that will affect your sales. So mos def get your name up first or you may just feel like you are throwing your money away when sales don't start coming in after you've paid for either service.

Also, get your own website up. (Not a soundclick page) IMO it makes you look more like a business and less like some random cat just 'sellin beatz'.

Hope this helps.

Exclusives are only good if you price is right. I would never sell an exclusive for $100.

Back