Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 90s

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • 00s

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • 10s

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
I'm with the 90's, although I see hiphop and R&B seem to be on the comeback. It's like we've seen how bad both could get, so there's nowhere to go but up.

I was always more into R&B in the 90s but I realize hiphop had it's hold on me at the same time. It wasn't until the 00's that I really got deep into hiphop music though, thanks to Kanye, Common, Talib and Jay-z. But my favorite era of hiphop was the early 90's, which is probably the same for R&B.

my favorite hiphop music back then were songs like these

Last edited:
I voted for the 80's, as it was the time period when I was a major fan of Hip Hop and a deejay in several rap groups.

I regularly listened to Hip Hop through the very early 90's. Thereafter, the overall genre started to become too vulgar, with with less uplifting and thought-provoking messages, for these ears of mine, which lead to a significant decline of interest.

My favorite era is the era's where Hip Hop exists.
As in I don't really care to define by "Era's" unless we're talking about artists, their specific styles, their debuts etc.
Outside of that damn near any point in Hip Hop music has some dope shit.

2000-2006 era, stuff like dilla, kero one, nujabes, Common, all that shit was goin hard then. However I don't mind the hiphop stuff going on right now with like Odd Future J. Cole and Freddie Gibbs.

Back