• 90s

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • 00s

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • 10s

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

Azoc

Just a fun poll for all you people who like Hip-hop and R&B.

I love 90s in any form so my vote goes for the 90s.

Last edited:
easy one...90's...

let's see we had snoop, dre, wu tang, nas, biggie, pac, big l, black star, big pun, eminem and many others...those are just off the top of my head...

Last edited:
easy one...90's...

let's see we had snoop, dre, wu tang, nas, biggie, pac, big l, black star, big pun, eminem and many others...those are just off the top of my head...
OMG, so much talent back in the day! 90s were a true music revolution and Hip-Hop was a movement around the globe! <3

Last edited:
What about the 70's? You cant leave out the pioneers.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

My favorite era is on the rise now. I predict that by the end of this decade, Golden Era Hip Hop fans will be very satisfied.

80's without a doubt. 90's introduced you into the NWO. 80's smelt like hip hop....you walked like hip hop, you talked like hip hop, you smelt like hip hop, you breathe hip hop, you dressed hip hop, you were hip hop. 90's....you made good music and tried to get a check for it. 90's was more about music. The end of the dancers in your shows...the end of you actually dancing. THe start of hatred because you not getting money....so they try to destroy your image in hip hop. Call you a sell out because they are already at where you trying to be.

What about the 70's? You cant leave out the pioneers.
Yeah, you're right, I apologize for my ignorance, though first Hip-Hop records were released around the year of 1980 (Rapper's Delight is 79)... so is there any way to add 70s to the poll(I'm new to the FP).

Last edited:
^^^^^no need to. Long debate on when hip hop really started.....then it ends up in Georgia with the slaves............then it ends up with scriptures in the bible..........

You can't really divide each era like that, because the shit from 1989 has more in common with 1990 than it does with the shit from 1980.

So I vote Golden era.

I was torn at first I wanted to vote the 10s but settled on the 90s because thats the era almost all my favorite albums were from. But I do like the era were in now. I think we've bounced back from a hip hop recession and there's been some great things in this era. You got Drake, the Watch the throne album, Good Kid Mad City, so on so forth. Not to say its an era as great as the 90s but theres a chance for some great things happening in this era

the 90s easily but I also really like the early to mid 00s after about 2006 it really started to go to shit. I didn't like the 80s stuff at first but now I like a lot of it.

I was torn at first I wanted to vote the 10s but settled on the 90s because thats the era almost all my favorite albums were from. But I do like the era were in now. I think we've bounced back from a hip hop recession and there's been some great things in this era. You got Drake, the Watch the throne album, Good Kid Mad City, so on so forth. Not to say its an era as great as the 90s but theres a chance for some great things happening in this era

My point exactly. 9th wonder believes in the 20 year cycle. This decade has the potential to restore balance back to Hip Hop. People love Kendrick and Joey Bada$$ but we also need Trinidad James and Future. If not then we'll lose Hip Hop for good. Back in the early '00's fans got burned out on Eminem and Nas and Papoose and anyone else who was lyrical. We substituted that with DJ Unk, Soulja Boy and other fun sounding acts. Balance is the key and not just underground. We need concious, lyrical, fun, stupid, crazy all in the mainstream market.

I predict that by the end of this decade, Golden Era Hip Hop fans will be very satisfied.

the 90s easily but I also really like the early to mid 00s after about 2006 it really started to go to shit. I didn't like the 80s stuff at first but now I like a lot of it.
That's my story also! I really liked the '00 and '01, those two years had so much good music and it did continue up until 2006. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Timbaland changed the game. Timbaland "started" electropop/synthpop at 2005/2006 with Loose, FutureSex/LoveSounds and Shock Value 1 (btw. 3 good albums). After that everything went electro and synthpop(Lady Gaga :D)...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I predict that by the end of this decade, Golden Era Hip Hop fans will be very satisfied.
I hope you're right! To me Nitty Scott MC is the future of good old rap. Just listen to her song Bullsh*t Rap (even D.M.C is in the video), she's da bomb!

Last edited:
10's hip hop sounds like late 80's hip hop....too bad people call it "trap" instead of hip hop. And too bad so called hip hop people would say nah...that ain't hip hop.

90's hip hop is lame man. Has no swag. Dudes talking bout keepin it real in the streets and shit. Rapping in code and shit about shit people see everyday. 90's rappers were a bunch of know it alls with no life...or a bunch of psycho paths....or some weirdos. 90's rappers cried about "this is real hip hop" on every song. 80's rappers were normal hip hop human beings.

Truth be told.....90's R&B saved yall 90's rappers.

Prove me wrong. Biggie wouldn't be shit without R&B. Big Pun, Nas, you name a rapper and a R&B type song saved their life. Jay Z was like "I'm perfectly sane".......because hell....every rapper was rapping like they were some kind of retarded lunatic who wants world peace but the world is too fuucked up for world peace...or some mass murderer ass person..just flip a coin. They mind gone on the most potent weed more potent than what you as a normal human being smoke...so don't fuuck with them on that shit. 90's rappers....high ass fuuck in interviews. Hip hop fans like "ahilk a hilk...he high ass hell son.....give me a shot gun son". 90's rappers gangsta as hell...lips touching trying to blow a shot gun with a roach and shit...FOH. 90's rappers were out of shape talking bout they'll whoop somebody's ass.

Nothing negative you can say about 80's rappers.

Last edited:
Tha mufukkin G-Unit era....haha...no better time in hip-hop then when the Unit came in the game...no, the 90's were better with Dre and pac....California Love still the best hip-hop song ever. But when 50 came in the game...he was the last real gsngster before all these other wankstas came in....people will deny it but that was the re-birth of hip-hop until 50 self destructed...one of the biggest geniuses in the game... Boy went HAM.

Now yall sitttin here all depressed like "damn, i wish 50 cent was still hot"...yeah..i peep game like that...this boy is a genius too.....

10's hip hop sounds like late 80's hip hop....too bad people call it "trap" instead of hip hop. And too bad so called hip hop people would say nah...that ain't hip hop.

90's hip hop is lame man. Has no swag. Dudes talking bout keepin it real in the streets and shit. Rapping in code and shit about shit people see everyday. 90's rappers were a bunch of know it alls with no life...or a bunch of psycho paths....or some weirdos. 90's rappers cried about "this is real hip hop" on every song. 80's rappers were normal hip hop human beings.

Truth be told.....90's R&B saved yall 90's rappers.

Prove me wrong. Biggie wouldn't be shit without R&B. Big Pun, Nas, you name a rapper and a R&B type song saved their life. Jay Z was like "I'm perfectly sane".......because hell....every rapper was rapping like they were some kind of retarded lunatic who wants world peace but the world is too fuucked up for world peace...or some mass murderer ass person..just flip a coin. They mind gone on the most potent weed more potent than what you as a normal human being smoke...so don't fuuck with them on that shit. 90's rappers....high ass fuuck in interviews. Hip hop fans like "ahilk a hilk...he high ass hell son.....give me a shot gun son". 90's rappers gangsta as hell...lips touching trying to blow a shot gun with a roach and shit...FOH. 90's rappers were out of shape talking bout they'll whoop somebody's ass.

Nothing negative you can say about 80's rappers.

Are you completely ****ing insane? The 90's gave us The Roots, Outkast, X-Clan, Pharcyde, Busta Rhymes and a ton more positive/fun rappers. All anyone chooses to remember is gangsta rap. The fans bought more gansta-rap than anything else so it was never the artists fault. If Tribe Called Quest outsold NWA we wouldn't even be having this conversation today.

You my friend have forgotten the golden rule of economics. The customer is always right. The reason Trinidad James is on the radio is because people eat that shit up. Meanwhile acts like The Roots, Papoose, Immortal Technique and Saigon get no publicity. They still have a loyal core group of fans but the masses love bullshit.

Another thing the 90's gave us is diversity. The 80's was 90% east coast artists. So you must have a beef with the west and south my friend cause that's who was represented. Gangsta is what the people wanted, not the artists. A series of unfortunate events took place that set that era in stone. So ****ing what.

Are you completely ****ing insane? The 90's gave us The Roots, Outkast, X-Clan, Pharcyde, Busta Rhymes and a ton more positive/fun rappers. All anyone chooses to remember is gangsta rap. The fans bought more gansta-rap than anything else so it was never the artists fault. If Tribe Called Quest outsold NWA we wouldn't even be having this conversation today.

You my friend have forgotten the golden rule of economics. The customer is always right. The reason Trinidad James is on the radio is because people eat that shit up. Meanwhile acts like The Roots, Papoose, Immortal Technique and Saigon get no publicity. They still have a loyal core group of fans but the masses love bullshit.

Another thing the 90's gave us is diversity. The 80's was 90% east coast artists. So you must have a beef with the west and south my friend cause that's who was represented. Gangsta is what the people wanted, not the artists. A series of unfortunate events took place that set that era in stone. So ****ing what.

90's didn't give nobody shit. lmao!

90's and beyond you listened to hip hop. 80's.......YOU WERE HIP HOP!!!

Nuff said. Eat yall ass up when I get back.

Back