Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 90s

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • 00s

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • 10s

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
^^^^^^You got to come better than that.....

If that doesn't send a chill down your spine...........

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Insult to injury...

Yeah....R&B ruled the 90's......proof right there. Roots are in a class of their own minus a rapper.

What beats in the 90's were remade or sampled more than these 80's hip hop songs.

90's can't fuuck with the 80's.......give it up........

Somebody got my back........damn!!!! Where my graffiti dudes at.....

Last edited:
I dont like Lil Wayne. I used to because I feel like he was raw back in 05, but I just compared him to Cool J because they were rapping on the same subject - I'm better than you.

Reason the 80's rapeprs were hot, was because they were the first, wether they rapped about gangs, parties or woman. No matter what you do in life, if you are the first, your'e gonne be praised for it.

Its the same with then new rappers. People say new rappes suck because they rap about guns and hoes, while N.W.A started the trend but are somehow praised for what they did, even though the new rappers are exacly like them.

We should start to critizie rappers individualy, than categorize them.

I will never submit

You kidding me.........all those rappers look like they playing and LL sat they asses down, son! +1 80's.

you see those big ass ropes......gold....10's trying to get back to the real.....trying. Stay with the platinum. Those rappers right there.....none of them look like they playing....nobody smiling. :cheers:

Murk season! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

I can do this all night

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Just Shut It Down...

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

The 80's and every thing else has to...

Bow Down

... guess I'll make a real beat now... 90's won.

Last edited:
^^^Yall must be trying to take it easy on me posting these 80's rappers in the 90's era.

Murk season!!

Last edited:
I have nothing against the 80's. I love Hip Hop's roots. But if you are a die hard fan then you'll know that the 70's was more cultural than the 80's. If I'm not mistaken, the 80's is when the MC took the spotlight. Essentially ushering in the multiple eras that followed. In the 70's everything was about culture because there was no media attention.

So many people have such a narrow-minded view of culture and how it evolves. From poetry to painting, every art form has a golden era. In no other form of art does the very origination constrain it to such strict guidelines as in Hip Hip.

It just so happens that when Hip Hop evolved into what it is today, the music and the MC's became the most prevailant part of it. The world is larger than the Bronx, NY. What they were writting about reflected in their everyday lives. So why the hell can't people from other walks of life make music that reflects upon the experiences the deem familiar?

For the record I love every era of Hip Hop. I love all the genres that made and still make Hip Hop music possible. I am greatful for the conditions that eventually made the culture possible to begin with. As future producers we all need to focus on "producing" the possibility for a future in what we love which is music. All other genres lose focus from time to time, but things always straighten themselves out. Hip Hop music and culture will live forever but only if we all get off our asses, cut the computer off and cultivate it.

Last edited:
I have nothing against the 80's. I love Hip Hop's roots. But if you are a die hard fan then you'll know that the 70's was more cultural than the 80's. If I'm not mistaken, the 80's is when the MC took the spotlight. Essentially ushering in the multiple eras that followed. In the 70's everything was about culture because there was no media attention.

So many people have such a narrow-minded view of culture and how it evolves. From poetry to painting, every art form has a golden era. In no other form of art does the very origination constrain it to such strict guidelines as in Hip Hip.

It just so happens that when Hip Hop evolved into what it is today, the music and the MC's became the most prevailant part of it. The world is larger than the Bronx, NY. What they were writting about reflected in their everyday lives. So why the hell can't people from other walks of life make music that reflects upon the experiences the deem familiar?

For the record I love every era of Hip Hop. I love all the genres that made and still make Hip Hop music possible. I am greatful for the conditions that eventually made the culture possible to begin with. As future producers we all need to focus on "producing" the possibility for a future in what we love which is music. All other genres lose focus at time but things always straighten themselves out. Hip Hop music and culture will live forever but only if we all get off our asses, cut the computer off and cultivate it.
Nice response. But i don't think the OP was talking bout b culture in general. I feel yo all era position, i feel the same bout music.
In my view the 90s was a maturation. The lyrics and beats became more complex.
But some of my favorite MCs/groups actually hit in the late 80s (tribe and de la come to mind).
The 70s for music was crazy. So many genre's droping DOPE shit.
But its hard to suggest that 70s hip-hop was the best, and the 80s were like pubity. The 90s hip-hop is a grown man/woman.
"You can have her, she's a MF whore". i ( f__cks hip-hop)use to luv her.

Last edited:
We can talk about music all day and of course 90's would win. But as far as being a young man and living in a hip hop era.........87 - 92 for me.

I think hip-hop grows when the economy grows...thats why it was so good in the 90's...it was easy to roll around in ur SUV with 12's in the back and bang music...its not as easy these days...cuz of gas...i wonder if it will ever be the same... thats why only the richest rappers are still around..lil wayne, jay-z, nas, birdman, ross maybe...

I think hip-hop grows when the economy grows...thats why it was so good in the 90's...it was easy to roll around in ur SUV with 12's in the back and bang music...its not as easy these days...cuz of gas...i wonder if it will ever be the same... thats why only the richest rappers are still around..lil wayne, jay-z, nas, birdman, ross maybe...

Man I miss those type of days. Waking up saturday and didnt plan the day, just went for a ride out in the sun and took the day as it came.

But you cant do that with trap music anymore. Its too serious, too intimidating and offensive, you cant make a record without having to sound like a boss like or partying. Song like "Today Was A Good Day" or " Skee Lo "I Wish". These songs were perfect for banging in the car. Its not exclusive to rap only. Rock music, dance and every over genre, you cant do it casue they just dont have that feeling anymore.

Man I miss those type of days. Waking up saturday and didnt plan the day, just went for a ride out in the sun and took the day as it came.

But you cant do that with trap music anymore. Its too serious, too intimidating and offensive, you cant make a record without having to sound like a boss like or partying. Song like "Today Was A Good Day" or " Skee Lo "I Wish". These songs were perfect for banging in the car. Its not exclusive to rap only. Rock music, dance and every over genre, you cant do it casue they just dont have that feeling anymore.

i know, things are hard these days. big brother is watching more, theres more police than ever. They used to say things are what u make of it but how can u make something out of what we have?

Idk, im highly influenced by my environment, right now im in my basement chillin. If i was at work or whatever or at the mall id be more hyper...more serotonin flyin.

its not that bad, ....u can still get money these days, i just got a bad attitude. Shoot this post.

Back