what makes a good producer/ beat maker????

N

NYCityLife1000

Just looking for some opinions......

Is it a good ear?, is it the equipment?, is it ambition?, is it the wanting to learn factor, is it placements?, does it make you good of 1 or 2 people like your music?

I was watching some youtube videos and some people think really highly of themselves and I was just wonder, what really makes a good producer

For instance, this one guy, not sayin names but he had top of the line gear, da hottest of the hottest and he was really feeling himself but man he sucked so having nice equipment is definately ruled out, what's your opinions on the makings of a good producer and also

Do you think you're good?

drive, creativity, musicianship, the need to live, breath, and make music
dont matter on the equipment
just the dude

what makes a good producer/beat maker

opinion

thats all

you have to have people like your music,and buy your music
what would make you a good producer to some

the only problem is most people don't know what is on the cd before they buy it

the other way is
and you have to make good music which is base of the person who is listening to your music.
opinion

Last edited:
Ganjafeet said:
what makes a good producer/beat maker

opinion

thats all

you have to have people like your music,and buy your music
what would make you a good producer to some

the only problem is most people don\'t know what is on the cd before they buy it

the other way is
and you have to make good music which is base of the person who is listening to your music.
opinion
Are you saying opinion is the only thing you need to be a good producer, or that it\'s all opinion on what you need to be a good producer? I don\'t understand anything you just wrote.. o_O

http:// 666. ioutube.com/watch?v=qTRirD7e3bk

cordinating all of these instruments and making it flow like this makes you a good producer. l.

Halfbreed said:
Are you saying opinion is the only thing you need to be a good producer, or that it\'s all opinion on what you need to be a good producer? I don\'t understand anything you just wrote.. o_O
if people think your a good producer then you are a good producer

what makes something good or bad is base on a individual's opinion

What Makes a Good Music producer?

Most definitely the over all mix. Engineering a beat is crucial to having a dope beat... That's just to sum it up. Also, you've got to have a vision, which means, knowing what instrument needs to go where and how to make it sound...

Comes from having out-of-the-ordinary experiences and viewpoints, being able to do something which people admire, loose thing really.

Back