what makes a good producer/ beat maker????

knowledge, willpower, and an ear. and a good attitude, this is a political business.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

but what is a good beat maker?
what is a good producer?
What do you mean by producer?

Yeah I'm just gonna add to the stew here.

If you're looking to make money, BUSINESS SAVVY

Other than that, for just the music aspect, see the above list ^^^

One hell of an entrepreneurial spirit, mixed with excellent, unique marketing strategies, added to some music of actual qaulity?substance makes for a good producer. times that all by luck, and that's what makes you a successful producer.

Its your ears, your creative ability, and much more. B/c you can pick out a thousand awesome producers and all of there sound can be different but they all are great producers. And all of there beats are great. Its up to the producer how much time, passion, and comittment they put into it.

I think many people have touched on alot of great traits. Being creative in your beat making, from my experience, represents a portion of the equation. Realize that as a great producer, you are part of the creative process beyond the beat. I have always taught artists to consider their relationship with the producer to be analogous to that of the members of a construction team erecting a building. They both bring something integral to the construction of the song. I think there are many talented beat makers. To be a great producer, you need to be an active member of the process cradle to grave.

Depends on the subgenre. As for boom bap I think nice, hard hitting drum patterns that fit with the sample, which is chosen well and maybe flipped crazy.

But even in that subgenre youll find a lot of different styles, so its not easy to trivialize.

Last edited:
Being a bus driver > being a producer.

Stop dreaming and get a real job. Bus drivers can work for 20 years and retire. Producers wwill be lucky to have a 10 year career. Even after a ssuccessful career, most have saved nothing and will go broke after a year or two.

The dream turns into a nightmare once those checks stop.

Being a bus driver > being a producer.

Stop dreaming and get a real job. Bus drivers can work for 20 years and retire. Producers wwill be lucky to have a 10 year career. Even after a ssuccessful career, most have saved nothing and will go broke after a year or two.

The dream turns into a nightmare once those checks stop.

you say a real job? what is a real job? if all jobs are all paychecks, you cant say they are real jobs.

being a producer is great because you dont need to be employed if you know well how to plan yourself and having a great desire to be on top through working hard and having faith with what you do.

the thing which makes alot producers to think that you cant live off it or be on top is negativity and quiting at the beginning since not all can endure that struggle, because of poor planning.

about saving its you yourself to realize what to do with your money and how to invest more with the little you have and avoiding lavish life.

thats all. so stop saying a real job while getting employed today and tomorrow you are fired, thats not real jobs, but real job is to be self-employed

we need motivators and not people with negativity here

http://www.beatmart.net

Back