what are the best vst's for trap music

n.cube

I've recently moved away from producing r'nb and started producing trap music. ive come to realise that trap music is all about the sounds, so what are the best vst's for trap music? which ones do you guys use. For example what are your go to vst's for leads, bells, pads, arpeggios etc ( i already use nexus)

R&B needs producers who aren't influenced by Hip Hop, so why did you quit producing it? Trap is watered down.

i'm not a fully fledged producer yet, i'm looking to learn new techniques and sounds. sort of build my arsenal

VST Plugins, Synth Presets, Effects, Virtual Instruments, Music Plugins from Pluginboutique

Above is the website I use for almost all my VST purchases, they will have deals on VST's that are usually USD $149 for just USD $1. Amazing deals

Other than the ones found on this site, I use Splice/Serum, they have a great payment plan for 9.99 a month and its rent to own. You can pause the payment on it if you dont have the aspirations of producing anymore and pick back up exactly where you left off. There is a great arsenal of information out there including user reviews, blogs, and manufacturer websites that can provide you with the sounds you want to give to your target audience.

I have posted a beat below that I use a piano pack, sampled percussions i acquired from Serum/Splice. You can understand what target audience I am trying to reach with my sound, which is the biggest goal in producing to me.

R&B needs producers who aren't influenced by Hip Hop, so why did you quit producing it? Trap is watered down.

Why are you questioning it? If he wants to make trap, let the man do trap.

To the OP: Nexus, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere or Gladiator are some good VSTs that come to mind when talking about trap. At least thats what many of the producers who currently run the game (Metro, Southside, Lex etc.) use.

Back