Warren G Talks About Royalties & The Music Industry

Damn. Independent Labels got game too. Cold world,
no warm blankets from a stranger. Does make one
wonder though, why didn't he sue?

Music is business, business is war, war is hell, adapt or die”
That's the ole' saying I learned coming up
:hmmm:

Last edited:
what u mean? Heck, you sell records and don't get paid is the issue.
The music business is in a class of it own.

I am known as one of the few that treat and pay people right in my neck of the woods.
I realize this life is temporary, So greed isn't my issue.

Watched a John Gotti doc last night, all that fighting for money --- now everybody dead.
At one time everybody was so called important---- now they all dead.

Many people haven't woke up to this reality yet.
This life is only temporary, none of this stuff goes to the grave with you, so why cheat and fight about it.
Just be right with people.

Last edited:
people don't understand how it feels to get ****ed out of your money..... i've had it happen before... a song has gotten out now that i'm trying to prevent it from happening before it does... its alot of snakes out here...

wonder what happened w the 213 album. im sure snoop didnt take an l on that joint. if they went in as a group, how come he didnt get paid???

what u mean? Heck, you sell records and don't get paid is the issue.
The music business is in a class of it own.

I am known as one of the few that treat and pay people right in my neck of the woods.
I realize this life is temporary, So greed isn't my issue.

Watched a John Gotti doc last night, all that fighting for money --- now everybody dead.
At one time everybody was so called important---- now they all dead.

Many people haven't woke up to this reality yet.
This life is only temporary, none of this stuff goes to the grave with you, so why cheat and fight about it.
Just be right with people.

That's weak.

People should go for theirs and stop worrying about the next man.

I ain't worried about how short life is. I want success. If I am not willing to fight for it, I deserve whatever I get.

He said he hasn't been paid royalties.

A few of the companies he named went bankrupt. If a company goes bankrupt, NOBODY GETS PAID.

Doesn't mean he was cheated. Means the record company went bankrupt.

The other albums he said he hadn't been paid royalties for, was probably because those albums went UNRECOUPED.

If your album doesn't recoup, then you don't get paid royalties. He knows this. He even said it.

No fcukery here. That's the business.

That's weak.

I ain't worried about how short life is. I want success. If I am not willing to fight for it, I deserve whatever I get.

You talk like an idiot

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

He said he hasn't been paid royalties.

A few of the companies he named went bankrupt. If a company goes bankrupt, NOBODY GETS PAID.

Doesn't mean he was cheated. Means the record company went bankrupt.

The other albums he said he hadn't been paid royalties for, was probably because those albums went UNRECOUPED.

If your album doesn't recoup, then you don't get paid royalties. He knows this. He even said it.

No fcukery here. That's the business.

I know plenty of guys that did the same thing. Made the money then filed for bankruptcy.
Now they relocated and retired.

He said also, "How do you go bankrupt after selling so many albums"
. He knows the game too. He just can't do anything about it.

Oh the ****ery goes Deep

Last edited:
That's weak.

So basically....**** people, it's all about fibers with a dead president on it...This is a bad way to look at life. Especially with the dollar collapsing.

Last edited:
Umm... You guys haven't noticed yet???

Ever post from Desire sounds like a troll wrote it.

I think someone needs a friend...

So basically....**** people, it's all about fibers with a dead president on it...This is a bad way to look at life. Especially with the dollar collapsing.

The dollar will never collapse. There would be WWIII if the dollar collapsed.

People really do not understand economics.

If the dollar collapses, most other currencies follow. Remember that the US Dollar is the world's reserve currency.

Besides, if money so bad, why work for it? Just live off the land and barter with others for goods and services.

I am getting the money. Leave the morals for the laymen.

Back