the untold story of the creation of hip hop music

G

Gameoflife

I met this dude named "the green eye genie" who told me that he was one of the creators of hip hop music. What is so strange is that the guy showed me documents from film company's,flyer's from the true pioners of hip hop with his picture on it,He also showed me a book deal that he got which is entitled "page one the birth of hip hop" what was really so crazy about it is he showed me his driver license that matched all the documents.

hmmm do you have any other information about this? Im always interested in hearing some stories about hiphop back in the day

yeah I got alot of info on him. He is putting a album together right now and he wants me to do some production on it.You will soon be able to get the whole full story on his up coming web site.Ask any question and I can ask him on the phone and get back to you.

cool.......keep me posted on tha guy.....holla when u got more info.....peace...........

this guy is a cronie

why does he wait 25 years to come out ?
where was this guy in the 70's ?

what do you mean creator of hip hop music ?

Hip Hop wasnt created by no one person, rather an entire community and culture.

It evovled from Disco and Funk and the DJ's were the threshold that borrowed those sounds and created hip hop with it.

His only claim can be that he started having emcees spit over breaks before Kool Herc did at block parties. And he can say whatever the hell he wants, because the world knows that aint the truth.

and KRS One of Boogie Down Productions is given credit for defining exactly what hip hop was, not no green eye genie.

you shuoldnt even have posted this
tell taht guy to shoot himself

I said that HE TOLD ME he was ONE of the CREATOR'S of hip hop. I asked him why he hasn't told the story before . He told me he was locked up from 86 to 94.He ran with africa bam bata supposively. I don't know if anything is true but I can tell you that I seen some documents and things of that nature.

Pumpz said:
this guy is a cronie

why does he wait 25 years to come out ?
where was this guy in the 70's ?

what do you mean creator of hip hop music ?

Hip Hop wasnt created by no one person, rather an entire community and culture.

It evovled from Disco and Funk and the DJ's were the threshold that borrowed those sounds and created hip hop with it.

His only claim can be that he started having emcees spit over breaks before Kool Herc did at block parties. And he can say whatever the hell he wants, because the world knows that aint the truth.

and KRS One of Boogie Down Productions is given credit for defining exactly what hip hop was, not no green eye genie.

you shuoldnt even have posted this
tell taht guy to shoot himself

damn. you woulda thought he said he was your father or somethin. calm down

Dude got locked in '86 ?

He ran with Bambaataa in what ?

The Black Spades ? That was in 1968.

By 1973 the Zulu Nation was officially formed.

By the mid seventies Bambaataa was a DJ doing his own thing. As were numerous other DJ's, things had taken a full swing already then.

1979 the first rap record comes out.

1982 Bambaataa put out Planet Rock.

okay, in 1986 Hip Hop had been around for a loose 15 years.......where was this guy ?

The history is too well documented for such a lapse to occur.

And Im mad cool.........just getting general facts out there agressively

Carnage said:
never heard of him:[/url]
I never heard of him either until a few weeks ago. I don't know if what he tells me is true but Im just telling you what he told me. If it is true I thought it would be good to let the future producers know first. So you guy's would be able to say I knew about that guy. If you ever get a chance to see bam bata ask him if he knows anything about him.

Pumpz said:
And Im mad cool.........just getting general facts out there agressively [/B]
If you got any questions tell me and I will ask him quick. I want to know if he is lying too. I couldn't catch him in a lie. He say's that he was in and out of Rykers Island alot around the time when he was kool with bam bata that is how he spread hip hop to other places. He told me that Hip hop was only in the Bronx for a little while but him spreading the word thru Rykers to cats from other parts of N.Y. helped out alot. Get those questions so I can ask him I am anxious to get to the bottom of this. If it is true sh!t Im gonna hook him up with beats for free I just want my ascap money.

There's probably hundreds of people that helped out with the creation of Hip Hop but never recieved recognition. Most of these people saw it as something local at the time. Nobody probably never ever thought that 25 -30 years later their creation would be a multi-BILLION dollar industry. If this cat IS real he's probably just now breaking his silence because he sees dollar signs.I don't blame him one bit. Get your money dawg......if you can.

Gameoflife said:
If you got any questions tell me and I will ask him quick. I want to know if he is lying too. I couldn't catch him in a lie. He say's that he was in and out of Rykers Island alot around the time when he was kool with bam bata that is how he spread hip hop to other places. He told me that Hip hop was only in the Bronx for a little while but him spreading the word thru Rykers to cats from other parts of N.Y. helped out alot. Get those questions so I can ask him I am anxious to get to the bottom of this. If it is true sh!t Im gonna hook him up with beats for free I just want my ascap money.

Shyt, if it's true I'll hook him up too!!! I'd be honored!!!

Carnage said:
I read that whooooooooooooooooole post that was very nice. I need to show that to the green eyed genie and ask him where he was missed in that story. O yeah he also told me about his mother who was suppose to be the lady in charge of something in the housing projects. She is supposively the one who created the housing authority or whatever. She also is the first person to allow bambaataa to perform shows in the projects supposively.

I can ask my Hip Hop professor, a one DJ Ron 'Bust da Move' Nelson who's a historian of hip hop and pretty much knows everybody personally

but what do I ask him ?

If he ever heard of a guy name the green eyed genie ?

What connection did he exactly have with Bambaataa. A thousand and one people knew him.

DJ's would rewire street lights and play their stuff right there on the spot. Man they aint seeking no permission from no one.

anyhow, just what exactly is his connection to Bambaataa, what did he do or contribute, and has he always been known by that ridiculous name ?

ask him that and I can run it through my man

but really.........Bambaataa wasnt even the first, he came way later on. Kool Herc be the man. Bambaataa just brought us the drum machine.

"bambaataa brought us tha drum machine".......cool.....we learn things everyday..............but on tha subject........i just need proof that's all........if tha guy is a pioneer just show me some doc.......hip-hopking1.

Pumpz said:

If he ever heard of a guy name the green eyed genie ?

What connection did he exactly have with Bambaataa. A thousand and one people knew him.

DJ's would rewire street lights and play their stuff right there on the spot. Man they aint seeking no permission from no one.

anyhow, just what exactly is his connection to Bambaataa, what did he do or contribute, and has he always been known by that ridiculous name ?
he is a black man with green eyes I seen them myself there not contacts now that I can vouch for.

He told me that some people called him green eyed stan. I don't know how long he been the genie. I guess for a long time. It's a crazy name to me too.

In some cases D.J.'s would rewire street lights. Not all of the time. If you wanna perform in the Bronxdale Projects without her calling the police to come shut it down you need PERMISSION.

Back