Is the trap sounud becoming too much?

one trap song is one trap song to much
imo trap is the worst thing that ever happened to music
and yes i think its exagerated how EVERYONE is doing trap. Nowadays when someone dope is droping a new album, im getting all psyched up just to be devastated by that
t t t t tttttt t t
every party i go to, trap
every time i post a track on here, please check out my new trap banger
smoke weed with friends, someone puts on trap
talk to people about hiphop, they put on some trap beat with a wack rapper that mumbles like a way to high severly retarded heroin fiend
everywhere i go traptraptrap i ****ING HATE TRAP
peace

Last edited:
one trap song is one trap song to much
imo trap is the worst thing that ever happened to music
and yes i think its exagerated how EVERYONE is doing trap. Nowadays when someone dope is droping a new album, im getting all psyched up just to be devastated by that
t t t t tttttt t t
every party i go to, trap
every time i post a track on here, please check out my new trap banger
smoke weed with friends, someone puts on trap
talk to people about hiphop, they put on some trap beat with a wack rapper that mumbles like a way to high severly retarded heroin fiend
everywhere i go traptraptrap i ****ING HATE TRAP
peace

enjoy this trap

lol

thats not all the way true

i mean i dont even know if its even partially true

but i learned chord progression though learning the trap style believe it or not

but i think i kinda know why you would make that statement

trap is an evolved style of crunk/fight music that puts even more emphasis on the bass tones more than crunk would have

crunk would have been born from early bounce party style southern music

but you must have gotten your info from someone who didnt fully understand how usic derives from different syles

I got my info from a little thing called NPR - not a credible source?

...and if you're going to quote me please refer to ALL posts I made and not one line...that's Yahoo journalism cherry-picking.

Post #7: "they wanted to replicate rock snare and hat rolls as well as the syncopated kick drums"

Last edited:
The good thing about trap is that it's spread out to other genres, such as pop, edm, commercials, reality background music. It keeps hip hop alive, because lets face it, it's the sound right now that keeps hip hop breathing, because the rapping in itself is garbage, and without the trap beat, rappers would be nonexistent by now.

Last edited:
Are there any Katy Perry songs with hihat rolls in them yet?
Id say thats probably a sign of end times.

so rap would be completely dead if it wasn't for the trap beat? Nah.

Yes, well not completely. It will fade away and be non-mainstream like what happened to Blues, Jazz and Rock'n'Roll, but on a large scale, superstar level, rap woudn't have reached that level it it hadn't been for the sounds. I don't like to admit it, but its the reality.

Yes, well not completely. It will fade away and be non-mainstream like what happened to Blues, Jazz and Rock'n'Roll, but on a large scale, superstar level, rap woudn't have reached that level it it hadn't been for the sounds. I don't like to admit it, but its the reality.

I'm confused - most people in the grand scheme of music have no idea who Young Thug, YG, DJ Mustard, Shawty Redd, Rae Sremmurd are. So, who are these mainstream trap artists that on a crazy level? The only people I know who listen to trap were never Hip Hop fans in the first place and just followed whatever music was being played on the radio.

Trap will never replace J. Cole, Kendrick, Jay-Z, Eminem. I even heard Action Bronson and Raekwon on Baltimore radio last week during the riots when they let our local DJ's take over for the Rickey Smiley Morning Show...salute.

Music evolves with time. Most elderly people will say the same thing...today's music isn't nothing like it was when....Bitter about it stuck in their favorite era. I can't lie and say I don't feel like that sometimes neither, but when you let go of the fact music is not just going to rewind back a decade or two and take it for what it is you'll be a lot more happier. It's not just hip hop. People say the same thing in just about every other genre too. Some songs are just horrible...but if you really cant bear it just make a damn playlist lol.

It has become too much. I don't hate the sound, i enjoy trap music when i'm in the mood, there's a time and place for everything. However, it is too much when you just can't escape it, that post by Gaus is the perfect example lol. I don't like trap from the beatmaker standpoint because i rarely enjoy making trap beats, yet most rappers nowadays use them. Every kid thinks that he's gonna blow up like Chief Keef or Young Thug if they spit some trash over "trap banger".

It has become too much. I don't hate the sound, i enjoy trap music when i'm in the mood, there's a time and place for everything. However, it is too much when you just can't escape it, that post by Gaus is the perfect example lol. I don't like trap from the beatmaker standpoint because i rarely enjoy making trap beats, yet most rappers nowadays use them. Every kid thinks that he's gonna blow up like Chief Keef or Young Thug if they spit some trash over "trap banger".

Totally agree with this. Trap music is not bad, it sounds real fire, but the problem is that it has oversatuated msuic so much that even other genres start to sound like it.

American trap,imo is overused, to me they just don't show that much of any kind of talent or passion, EDM trap on the other hand, takes greater skill imo and is more uniqe if I should say. I would love to get into learning to make that european dance styled music, thats where it's at from the looks of it.

American trap,imo is overused, to me they just don't show that much of any kind of talent or passion, EDM trap on the other hand, takes greater skill imo and is more uniqe if I should say. I would love to get into learning to make that european dance styled music, thats where it's at from the looks of it.

I got to say I'm of the opposite side. EDM trap hurts my ears to be truthful which is odd considering I like EDM and I like Trap, but that fusion just sounds so jarring and painful. Personal opinion though. I guess

What exactly is American trap? Trap doesn't even sound like trap especially with the fusion of things like dubstep and edm. Its like going in two way opposite directions when it comes to how the track feels when merging them. Rolls 808's and chants wont automatically define a beat as trap. Some people will get exactly what I mean by this and others still wont get it.

There is no real trap anymore.

"Festival Trap" is the worst thing ever to happen in electronic music.

And I would have said that before it started infecting every other genre.
At this point its a joke of a sound, and its barely even defined itself.

There is no real trap anymore.

"Festival Trap" is the worst thing ever to happen in electronic music.

Festival Trap is the only trap I like now. All of the stuff on the radio like Mike Will, Boi-1-Da, Zaytoven, etc. is boring to me. Too much stuff going on.
Radio trap is monotonous sub bass, hi hat rolls, snare rolls, and beat drops with no real melody or direction. The beats are not something you can dance to. Just something for rappers to talk about selling drugs or having sex over.

With the Festival Trap, I can listen without any lyrics and feel a certain sense of excitement. The sound is a blend of electronic noises and samples with actual melodies and some chord progressions thrown in. The sound is dynamic and expansive. There is a sense of passion and love in the sound.

It is actually sad.

EDM artists have taken the trap sound and expanded it into something that people can party to without the aggression and fear and divisiveness of American trap music. Rappers and producers in America have a bad habit of not learning how to expand their sound for fear of selling out. Others just swoop in, make friends with these guys, and then exploit the sound while gaining more money and fame. These Festival Trap DJs are playing to sold out arenas making over a $100,000 a night.

Listen here:

Back