Is the trap sounud becoming too much?

FromTheSoulEnt

Is the trap sound becoming too much?

First off i would like to say that i fully appreciate any music that some one has taken the time to create!

DO YOU THINK THE TRAP SOUND IS BECOMING TOO MUCH?

I spend a lot of time on social networking sites as i sell drum kits etc and i am constantly on the hunt for producers. Lately it is almost at 9 out of 10 videos or tracks that i listen to are trap! do not get me wrong i love the sound but i believe a lot of producers are asking for trouble by only creating this one sound! it is not showing of their talent as much as they think in my opinion but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Which trap style? The original american style or that style from Europe because they are both totally different genres.

American trap started out as MIDI rock n roll and quickly turned into beatmaking for producers who don't understand chord progressions.

American trap started out as MIDI rock n roll and quickly turned into beatmaking for producers who don't understand chord progressions.

I highly disagree as it is incomparable to rock n roll and American trap started in ATL and has been dominant for the past decade.

I highly disagree as it is incomparable to rock n roll and American trap started in ATL and has been dominant for the past decade.

Read interviews on the first people who were making ATL trap - they wanted to replicate rock snare and hat rolls as well as the syncopated kick drums.

Man, I don't care where trap started or who started it. I ain't no flippin' historian. All I care about is if the beats be bangin' or not. The American stuff be cool, but them EDM
trap joints be fiyaa to me. Especially when they got a nice melody to them.

Man, I don't care where trap started or who started it. I ain't no flippin' historian. All I care about is if the beats be bangin' or not. The American stuff be cool, but them EDM
trap joints be fiyaa to me. Especially when they got a nice melody to them.

You better care if you trying to chase that money you claim to want so much. How can you take art somewhere if you don't know where it's been as history is about understanding the past and its relation to the present.

Last edited:
You better care if you trying to chase that money you claim to want so much. How can you take art somewhere if you don't know where it's been as history is about understanding the past and its relation to the present.

but history is inevitably written by the victor and can bare no real truths when thusly biased
only fictional, morality driven tales will history bring

2-0 fambo

Last edited:
Trap is no longer exciting cause it is so overly saturated. You can say the same about EDM. Maybe that Trap EDM is the future...
I ain't no flippin' fortune teller. I'll find out what the future holds when it becomes the present. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Some lil dude will be putting out something hot soon and everybody will copy. After that, everybody will get bored and start hating. That's the way the game goes.

Musicians are little fish in a big sea. A musician can create something unique that sits for a while and has everyone copying it and emulating it but after a short period of time it is disregarded and people forget or dont care for that sound anymore. Its a big sea because the world is ever-changing along with our desires and likes.... If you can adapt and always remain original then you can remain a big fish that is relevant. other than that its a wrap! (no pun intended)

First off i would like to say that i fully appreciate any music that some one has taken the time to create!

DO YOU THINK THE TRAP SOUND IS BECOMING TOO MUCH?

I spend a lot of time on social networking sites as i sell drum kits etc and i am constantly on the hunt for producers. Lately it is almost at 9 out of 10 videos or tracks that i listen to are trap! do not get me wrong i love the sound but i believe a lot of producers are asking for trouble by only creating this one sound! it is not showing of their talent as much as they think in my opinion but what do you guys think?

i was just thinking this.. like trap is getting to be too much.. i hear it in many different genre's of music.. so many up and coming rappers are using it.. it's getting annoying honestly... like i click on a persons music and the drum pattern on the beats all sound the same..

Trap will always be around but as far as hip hop goes I think 90's Boom Bap style is coming back along with Hardcore lyricism thats been on the come up lately. Trap has become pretty formulaic Horns fast hats crackin snares a plucks strings and 808s every trend has its time and every trend passes its just how it is.

I think maybe we should just be honest and admit that not every fakking song needs to have hihat and snare rolls.
Like, it could be limited to just every fakking song in that one genre, maybe?

Imo, it is getting pretty ridiculous.

thats not all the way true

i mean i dont even know if its even partially true

but i learned chord progression though learning the trap style believe it or not

but i think i kinda know why you would make that statement

trap is an evolved style of crunk/fight music that puts even more emphasis on the bass tones more than crunk would have

crunk would have been born from early bounce party style southern music

but you must have gotten your info from someone who didnt fully understand how usic derives from different syles

Last edited:
Back