Is the trap sounud becoming too much?

honestly...I'm getting sick of trap. like, it used to get me really hype and it was a good way to energize myself when I needed it, but now it's just becoming too much. too simplistic. trap music just isn't taking any direction. just rappers talking about the same thing on the same beat pattern over the same sub bass.

There's way too much Trap these days.
I think the genre itself would become way more creative if they used different sounds than just simple 808's.
I mean the drumpatterns are actually very creative and more complex than most simple Boom-Bap drumtracks but they all sound the same cause they use the same sounds.
the 808 thing needs to change. Those Trap producers act like the 808 is the greatest drumsound of all time. Like every track needs that 808 snare. Like there's nothing better.
I mean sometimes the 808 might work but it's not automatically the best snare to get on every track.

Last edited:
lol where the hell are you guys. the most recent type of trap has minimalist percussion and focuses on the feel. hi hats easy to the ear as well. don't you listen to zaytoven? honourable c note? tarentino? I'm not talking about that trap that have no real rhythm. I think that's what you're on about.

Check this for example

this minimalist beat is complex (no you can't remake, no sorry). easy on the ears and bouncy. this is where trap is at at the moment. nothing "too much" about this

lol where the hell are you guys. the most recent type of trap has minimalist percussion and focuses on the feel. hi hats easy to the ear as well. don't you listen to zaytoven? honourable c note? tarentino? I'm not talking about that trap that have no real rhythm. I think that's what you're on about.

Check this for example

this minimalist beat is complex (no you can't remake, no sorry). easy on the ears and bouncy. this is where trap is at at the moment. nothing "too much" about this

What is complex in this beat? I hear a simple melody that my girlfriend would play when she's practicing her scales, a couple more synths and the generic 808 claps, snares and kicks.

You are correct that this is where trap is at the moment...which is still in a oversaturated, beginners-copying-eachother place.

What is complex in this beat? I hear a simple melody that my girlfriend would play when she's practicing her scales, a couple more synths and the generic 808 claps, snares and kicks.

You are correct that this is where trap is at the moment...which is still in a oversaturated, beginners-copying-eachother place.

Cool then remake this beat bro lol. And I don't think you can hear the melody well. It's actually an unorthodox progression. You must be deaf if you think that someone who isn't musically gifted can think up such notes. You talk of the 808s but someone like yourself couldn't think up an arrangement like that

Too much trap beats nowadays. Most of the newbies in hip hop beatmaking now try to make trap, and it sound shitty. But some beats sounds good, depends on skills you have.

Like, that you dont know shit, maybe?
I dont know. Thats my take on it. Thats what it seems like he might have been saying.

Lol even if it was a second ago. What point are you trying to force?

I'm glad you found out about Jodeci and I'm really not here to roast you - if Trap is the style of music that got you into producing, then I can't hate on that - I'm just glad you're not in the streets and found a productive way to spend your time.

But...

Respect your Elders because they'll have a lot of knowledge and connections that can help get you where you want to be in life, not just musically. Trap music is about 2% of the whole spectrum of Hip Hop.

Back