Trap Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilro

What the hell did I miss? When did this become an instrumental genre of electro sounding bullshit?

Also only 1 video per post now? WTF?

it's whatever folks want to make of it, isn't it?????

as for the 1 vid per post, probably some default settings have been changed with the recent update to the vbulletin software done on 28/10/2013

it's whatever folks want to make of it, isn't it?????

as for the 1 vid per post, probably some default settings have been changed with the recent update to the vbulletin software done on 28/10/2013

I always thought of trap as music like Gucci Mane, T.I., Waka Flocka, etc.

Like this:

It's not really what folks want to make of it. Genres exist for a reason. You don't call Kendrick Lamar a country singer, you don't call Star Trek non-fiction.

I think its good that edm producers are dabbing in to hip hop more...broadening the genre out a bit

prefer all kinds of beats but very picky on songs
"original trap" drug-based,hood based never listened to a "true" trap song

listened to christian artists who had beats that had trap "beat" elements to it

snare rolls,fast hi-hats

but it's cool I like 808's sounds good in my old man-family man Mini-van

the Dodge Caravan be slumping yall

-Coach Antonio

At sometime a lot of edm producers got their hands on the genre and implemented into their own sound and that's how we got Trap Step. Official name for that genre is trapstep, but a lot of artists for someone reason or another just call it trap.

Sorry man.......I made stuff playing around and being silly.....and what do you know......Miley Cyrus and GaGa does trap.

Too bad her album wasn't full of this....I would've bought it. Was disappointed.

Last edited:
I think its good that edm producers are dabbing in to hip hop more...broadening the genre out a bit

And the other way around too.
People could learn from some synthsounds trap producers make.

EDM trap producers have no match against our actual hip hop trap producers. They try to force trap beats to sound like house music.

Trap aint wha it used to be

Twerking aint what it used to be

Plugs aint what they used to be

DJ's aint what they used to be

Producers aint what they used to be

Artists aint what they used to be

not tryna bring race into play.... but i really hate when Jim comes in the hood wit Jerome and takes what he seen back to Shaggy Oaks suburbs and deciding to make a youtube video doing it (because of course Jerome couldnt afford the "proper" equipment to be considered professional). Jim gets a little money using what he saw.... then when he gets tired of it... he throws it away and goes back to being little Jim.... thats what the industry is... a Little Jim... and they take original ideas and add what they thought was cool.... realize the crap just doesn't get the same BING that it did when they seen that crew doing it on the curb....

sorry for my rant....

Some creative people are actually ... umm... creative....

Other people get tired of "genres" and want to put mayonnaise on their fries without being looked at weird.

Go Pomme Frittes!

Don't stay in the box.... Jack. Outside of the box always prevails... for a little while... until the next box.

Evolution, Progression, ... that shit is old... all big words. That shit is old should be treated as one word here.

"All you old niggaz out here tryin' to advance, it's all ova now.... take it like a man..." Pac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back