T.I. Shopping $75 Mill Deal! Congrats

B

BIGMOZ

This dude is what an entertainer is all about....from music to acting to television shows, the man is a top notch entertainer. Heavy is the Head will go Gold for sure and hopefully get close to Platinum.

I really can't see anyone who can hate on dude.

According to TMZ, Tip is currently in talks with record labels to sign the deal. As part of the package, the King of the South promises three albums; 10-20 percent of publishing, touring, merchandise, film and TV rights; corporate endorsement deals; and exclusive signing of all Grand Hustle artists.

let me see if i got this right. basically....if you're on Grand Hustle you're fuccked? :hmmm:

He should stay indie. . .

He would make a shitload of money with his numbers. . .Trouble Man sold 319,000. . .

if he made $7 an album after all the publushing and shit thats 2mil+

If I was an indie artist. . .damn thats ridiculous. . .

oh yeah. . .I forgot about all the grand hustle artists.

He should stay indie. . .

He would make a shitload of money with his numbers. . .Trouble Man sold 319,000. . .

if he made $7 an album after all the publushing and shit thats 2mil+

If I was an indie artist. . .damn thats ridiculous. . .

oh yeah. . .I forgot about all the grand hustle artists.

Yes.

His best material is behind him. His buzz is low as far as a mainstream artist goes. He needs to get a team behind him and stay independent. He will never recoup $75 million dollars.

He sold Azalea and the rest lol...

Azealia Banks? Wow that was a bad move.

$75 million that probably breaks down to $150 per real fan.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Maybe he'll start selling car insurance, his policy on Progressive vs the Rick Ross policy on Geico, could get a lot of black youth switching agencies.

He's "selling himself" too though. You're getting him and his entire label for $75M. If anything that's gonna put more money in his artists pockets. 10 years ago, an artist of his status requesting a deal like that was normal...Problem is there's no label generating enough revenue right now to even begin to consider investing $75M in an artist past their prime who's bigger off reality shows than he is off rap right now.

You won't make your money back selling $300k first week.

Last edited:
Musically he is past his prime but as far as marketing potential goes? He is at his peak. He's close to where Jay is at in terms of marketing potential.

TI's problem was that he went backwards after Paper Trail. He had all the best commercial features in there (Rihanna, Timberlake, BOB, Kanye, Wayne, Jay, Usher etc) and he showed maturity and growth... that was the perfect transition and he ****ed it all up with the whole gun situation.

Whoever signs him needs to continue where Paper Trail left off.

Musically he is past his prime but as far as marketing potential goes? He is at his peak. He's close to where Jay is at in terms of marketing potential.

TI's problem was that he went backwards after Paper Trail. He had all the best commercial features in there (Rihanna, Timberlake, BOB, Kanye, Wayne, Jay, Usher etc) and he showed maturity and growth... that was the perfect transition and he ****ed it all up with the whole gun situation.

Whoever signs him needs to continue where Paper Trail left off.

Agree with this.

He's "selling himself" too though. You're getting him and his entire label for $75M. If anything that's gonna put more money in his artists pockets. 10 years ago, an artist of his status requesting a deal like that was normal...Problem is there's no label generating enough revenue right now to even begin to consider investing $75M in an artist past their prime who's bigger off reality shows than he is off rap right now.

You won't make your money back selling $300k first week.

Independently???

Independently???

There is no "independent digital distribution".
If the labels played the games right with Google, every video or even "video with lyrics"-knockoff would've had a download link with payment right through Google. With a Google-based player, etc...

But noooooooo, just as with Napster, they had to f**k up a functioning system by being too greedy. 'Cauz they wanted to sell their "top hits" MP3s for $4.99.

So knowing that.............how much do they get on iTunes? :)

No matter the price of the album, you have at least 35% of it that goes to iTunes for providing the platform. Promotion, overhead at the label, production of the album itself, etc... Attending some promo-gigs at radios and TV stations. That's money that has to come up-front, out of your pocket. Labels used to pay that upfront, when you are independent, that's what you do.

And he isn't striving to be the "I-make-2k-on-iTunes/month" artist, so the overhead is bigger and so are the expenses.

Keeping that in mind, Uncle Sam knows exactly what you move and wants his. There's no selling of 10s of thousands of CDs from the trunk and money not accounted for anymore. :)

So the 2million you think you "made" off that 300k sale look more like 500k-600k in the end.

Guess what? You can as well concentrate on selling SINGLES, but for those 2-3 big singles, you either need BIG songs, BIG names & collabos or a BIG promotion.
Nothing you can afford to pay upfront at an indie label.

Hence why the successful ones have a one-stop-shop solution, the original 360 deals.............now when you PART OF THE LABEL, that makes sense. As an employee? Do yourself a favor and go flip those burgers. At least you will keep your dignity and won't end up with debt after 3 years of being an "independent artist/weed dealer". LOL

Independently???

Even at $20 profit per sale of an album, lol. $75M is alot to recoup off 3 albums from T.I. and control of Grand Hustle. Especially in today's music market.

A label under the deal he's talking would have to sale close to $20M albums to make their money back off sales(they offer other outlets to generate money ex. shows, movies, ect, just giving clarity with numbers), not to mention other expenses they're running into.

That deal makes no sense whatsoever. Didn't Rocafella sale for like $2M? Just more clarity.

Last edited:
Back